British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   US Election 2020 - Predictions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/us-election-2020-predictions-934976/)

Jingsamichty Sep 23rd 2020 4:42 pm

US Election 2020 - Predictions

Time to offer predictions on what will happen in USA!USA!USA! in November...

caretaker Sep 23rd 2020 4:56 pm

Re: US Election 2020 - Predictions

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 12913473)
Time to offer predictions on what will happen in USA!USA!USA! in November...

You forgot to list alien abduction or travelling back in time to kill baby Trump, otherwise you've covered most everything. :lol:

Pulaski Sep 23rd 2020 5:08 pm

History may be our best guide. In 2000 George W Bush was elected in a contentious election that ended up hinging on the hanging chad fiasco in Florida. In 2004 he was running for reelection, and was portrayed by the media as an inept idiot who had been a terrible president, having led American into expensive and divisive wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and yet the result was a clear win for him at the polls despite the media preference for John Kerry.

scrubbedexpat091 Sep 23rd 2020 6:01 pm

It's likely to be a mess.

I don't vote in a swing state, so my vote really doesn't matter in the big picture.

philat98 Sep 23rd 2020 7:04 pm

Trump is doing very well considering he hasnt delivered on many of his electoral promises, added to that 200k pandemic deaths and a fragile economy at the end of his first term. With a bit of last minute extra help from somewhere he might well win.

scrubbedexpat091 Sep 23rd 2020 7:10 pm

Too many in the US will strictly only vote party line. To republicans any democract is evil and vice versa. Add to that only a handful of states really matter in the election, it will boil down to a few swing states.

dbd33 Sep 23rd 2020 11:00 pm

Trump doesn't need to win. He just needs a cloudy enough situation on the night to allow him to foment chaos and then to go to the SCOTUS.

scrubbedexpat133 Sep 23rd 2020 11:01 pm

I think that it won't be nearly as exciting as it is being set up to be. I think that Biden will win comfortably on the night by enough of the popular and electoral college vote that Dumbald Chump has to just shut up and walk away.

My predictions for the surprises of the night are that the Democratic party wins all 3. House, Senate and President. Texas goes blue.

MillieF Sep 23rd 2020 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Alex2201 (Post 12913627)
I think that it won't be nearly as exciting as it is being set up to be. I think that Biden will win comfortably on the night by enough of the popular and electoral college vote that Dumbald Chump has to just shut up and walk away.

My predictions for the surprises of the night are that the Democratic party wins all 3. House, Senate and President. Texas goes blue.

Me too... I pray :thumbup:

macadian Sep 24th 2020 12:34 pm

My confidence in enough Americans to have a social conscience, even if many of they're politicians do not, erodes on an almost daily basis. They will get the President they deserve and I fear it will be Trump.

Former Lancastrian Sep 24th 2020 12:53 pm

Shit Show springs to mind.

chawkins99 Sep 24th 2020 1:06 pm

Biden wins... Biden dies 5 minutes after inauguration... Welcome President Camilla Kamala.

What could go wrong?

scrubbedexpat091 Sep 24th 2020 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by macadian (Post 12913852)
My confidence in enough Americans to have a social conscience, even if many of they're politicians do not, erodes on an almost daily basis. They will get the President they deserve and I fear it will be Trump.

To be fair most Americans who voted in 2016 didn't vote for Trump.]

Atlantic Xpat Sep 24th 2020 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by chawkins99 (Post 12913861)
Biden wins... Biden dies 5 minutes after inauguration... Welcome President Camilla Kamala.

What could go wrong?

Well, one could argue that President Kamala (the misspelling of the name seems to be an effort to make some sort of point, but one that is lost on me) would be infinitely preferable to President Pence, but I don't get the Trumpist obsession with Biden's age. He's 3 year older than Trump isn't he and a damn sight fitter. So it's rather a specious argument isn't it?

scrubbedexpat091 Sep 24th 2020 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 12913992)
Well, one could argue that President Kamala (the misspelling of the name seems to be an effort to make some sort of point, but one that is lost on me) would be infinitely preferable to President Pence, but I don't get the Trumpist obsession with Biden's age. He's 3 year older than Trump isn't he and a damn sight fitter. So it's rather a specious argument isn't it?

Yeah the age thing is weird. and they are too close in age for it to really be an issue, not like Trump is a spring chicken.

Trump- June 14, 1946

Biden- November 20, 1942