Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Upsides of Coronavirus - positive vibes only :)

Upsides of Coronavirus - positive vibes only :)

Old May 12th 2020, 1:17 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upsides of Coronar virus - positive vibes only :)

Originally Posted by bats
the dairy farm down the lane has a cow massage machine. A rotating bursh fir tge back and another for the bum
oo-er missus. A horse getting pulsated looks like this:

You will note that he is a left leaning horse with reddish colouring.
Old May 12th 2020, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upsides of Coronavirus - positive vibes only :)

I am chatting to me sister in the UK a lot more now, we have spoken more now than in all the 11 years I have lived in Canada which I think is great! she never had time before, with a fulltime job and two young boys to run around after.

She seems so much more happier now….so much so, she says and I quote “my life now is like a holiday in Barbados compared to what it was before!” She says she feels for people who have lost jobs or can’t see their families, but feels things have actually got better for her.

She never really went out much (too busy with kids) so doesn’t miss the social side of things with friends, she doesn’t have any family (other than her husband and two sons), Im here in Canada, and our parents died years ago. What she does have is a lot more time, as shes not running around taking the kids to sports classes and her youngest son is behaving a lot better which has taken more pressure off her. She says its made her see what life was before, and has no desire to return to it. She now says one day of the weekend will be devoted to sports activities for the boys, she says the other will be for doing family stuff, which I totally agree with, young families seem to have lost their way in what a family means, no one ever saw each other as they were always ferrying the kids to sports classes instead of spending quality time together as a family and doing stuff they can all enjoy. That can only be better in my opinion.
Old May 12th 2020, 8:32 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
oo-er missus. A horse getting pulsated looks like this:

You will note that he is a left leaning horse with reddish colouring.
I see what you did there

it seems a cow massage machine is also a cleaner and back scratcher combo.

the cow is similarly coloured
Old May 12th 2020, 11:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I see what you did there

it seems a cow massage machine is also a cleaner and back scratcher combo.

the cow is similarly coloured
That machine is fantastic, polish yer cows and yer boots.

Old Jul 19th 2020, 12:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a good time to visit Ibiza

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ll-by-the-pool
Old Jul 19th 2020, 12:45 pm
pas d'ici

Fer Canard has a reputation beyond reputeFer Canard has a reputation beyond reputeFer Canard has a reputation beyond reputeFer Canard has a reputation beyond reputeFer Canard has a reputation beyond reputeFer Canard has a reputation beyond reputeFer Canard has a reputation beyond reputeFer Canard has a reputation beyond reputeFer Canard has a reputation beyond reputeFer Canard has a reputation beyond reputeFer Canard has a reputation beyond repute

I had both driving license and health card renewals to do this year. Hate doing this…sitting waiting at a drab SAAQ counter for half an hour on a hot sunny day in August and then, because they have to take yet another photo, getting barked at for smiling when I am not, so that I end up looking particularly miserable on my ID.

This year I already have both new cards in my possession, just turned up in the mail, and they are using my previous photos, which, believe me, in my case is a very good thing.

Old Jul 19th 2020, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

We’ve had a very productive pandemic as far as house renovations go. We downsized last November and ripped out a kitchen, fireplace and all flooring just as the lockdown was starting. But deliveries and trades folk have been happily available, glad for the work and we’ve tried to keep as much spending as local as possible. We’re 99% done with a few tricky bits of trim to sort out.

Working from home (while I am grateful to be doing so) throughout said mess, dust and noise has been rough though, and I wouldn’t recommend that! It has made for good side conversation on video meetings however., through constant drilling and hammering and door bells setting off dog barking.

i am enjoying the access to the sunshine and lengthy lunches on my deck. I’m grateful to be at home with a rapidly ailing dog and to be able to dish out copious amounts of hugs and ear tickles while she’s still interested.

We spend less on gas and more on groceries. Only last week was the kitchen fully hooked up though, so maybe some actual proper cooking can commence.

i will be working from home till at least January. I foresee only a few days a week in the office after that. I’m enjoying timing how late I can stay in bed and still get to work on time.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 4:40 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it has been great for home Reno’s. I read that Home Depot have just reported a large profit! We, being my son and husband, tiled the basement, put up a new drywall ceiling and ripped out the shower and without C19 that would have remained on the dream list because of lack of time.

I am now on day 170 of my French course, and I don’t know if I’d have kept at it without the pandemonium...And as “my usual” annuals weren’t available here this year I am trying my hand at veggies...I might have overdone it on the tomatoes! There’s no end to my excitement . Although it’s put the world in a rut, it has offered a few opportunities to move out of your comfort zone.

My son being home has allowed us to have local people in too, so I’ve had the chimney lined and the basement windows replaced, which would have been a pain as I’d have had to have taken holiday.

I’m totally with you Ann on the animal front, horrid to watch a beloved pet go downhill, but totally better being able to be there to comfort them
Old Jul 19th 2020, 8:15 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Due to a drastic reduction in my hours of remote work I've had almost every afternoon off.. resulting in a rather nice tan as well as copious amounts of vegetables growing in the garden.

Here's the list of vegetable plants that are doing well ..... 7 tomato (in pots); 4 zucchini (courgette) - which are over 4ft tall and producing copious amounts; 3 cucumber; 5 green bush bean; 2 chillii (one called hungarian yellow banana); 5 pepper; 4 cabbage; 5 broccolli; 8 curly kale; 4 brussel sprout; 4 turnip; 130 carrot (3 different types); 65 beetroot; 20 celery; 4 spinach; 24 radish (they go in every other week); 10 basil.. x amount of chives, garlic onion chive, salad onion (spring onion), 2 garlic.. and 5 cantaloupe in pots and then there's the 15 x 3 feet of raspberries ..... the gooseberry bush was feeling unwell, and had two little goosegogs

The big one was almost 13" long and weighed over 2lb -
Old Jul 19th 2020, 9:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ann m
I’m grateful to be at home with a rapidly ailing dog and to be able to dish out copious amounts of hugs and ear tickles while she’s still interested.
That is the best of an upside I have read. So glad to read both you girls are getting to spend all that quality time together. Worth everything . I will wish for her that her decline is slow and gentle on you both.

We are also stirring our stumps to finally try and finish certain aspects of our house. Due to the pandemic , lockdowns and very much for his own mental health , MrBEVS retired from trade toil so there is now time to do all this stuff , even though on a much reduced budget. We will also be looking to downsize at some point. There are several unfinished rooms in the house which need attention , plus the section itself , so plenty of projects to keep productively busy whilst adjusting to the new norm.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 11:32 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

In an effort to differentiate between work and not work. I’m spending zero non work time on my computer.
ive been able to spend more time painting, which I have discovered a real enjoyment for.
its done wonders for my mental health and confidence....I never considered myself a creative person before
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 23rd 2020, 12:45 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 24th 2020, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Still not entirely sure why, but that had me giggling for several minutes.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:23 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

OH has remained in work all the time (I was off for 2 weeks), he has been really busy, the body shop went through a quiet spell...no one was crashing because they were all at home. We have taken advantage of this situation and got two really good deals on getting cars painted, something we were thinking one this year and the other in the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.