Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Ukraine flight PS752 crash

Ukraine flight PS752 crash

Old Jan 9th 2020, 8:50 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ukraine flight PS752 crash

Wrong costume
Old Jan 9th 2020, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Good God, when did he grow that bum fluff?
I think he grew it so that we try and take him seriously before he apologizes for something that he had no role in, or did his political party and often times anyone alive today. Rinse and repeat.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 3:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

According to CNN Iran confirmed they shot the plane down unintentionally.

Old Jan 11th 2020, 5:37 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
According to CNN Iran confirmed they shot the plane down unintentionally.
Dear Lord. All those innocent people, dead 'by mistake'.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 7:08 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

There was no mistake about it... Trump deliberately assassinated Soleimani despite sound advice that it would lead to increased violence.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
There was no mistake about it... Trump deliberately assassinated Soleimani despite sound advice that it would lead to increased violence.
No. The blame for this incident lies solely with those that pulled the trigger or turned on the piece of equipment.

I appreciate you don't like Trump, but to suggest that he was in any way to blame for something that was an "accident" is nonsense.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this in tio thread but figured it would be good here too. Not sure what made anyone think the Ukraine Airlines flight was a threat considering from what has been reported, the plane wasn't off course on departure, and was following the same path as the flights that departed both before and after the Ukraine flight.

Grey = Flights that took off before Flight 752

Orange ish color =
Flights that took off after Flight 752

Old Jan 11th 2020, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
No. The blame for this incident lies solely with those that pulled the trigger or turned on the piece of equipment.

I appreciate you don't like Trump, but to suggest that he was in any way to blame for something that was an "accident" is nonsense.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 4:06 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I think that you're in danger of seeing the event in isolation and blaming, as always, the man charged with actually doing the job. The real culprits, those who play politics, are never questioned, never put in this position. They simply give orders, they never get their clean hands dirty.
I suspect you'd agree that the 'button pusher' didn't wake up that morning with the idea of downing a civilian aircraft but found himself in a position where decisions needed to be made. Either through inadequate training, system failure, fright or simple human error, he made a decision that downed an aircraft.
It's not difficult to compare this action with the action the man on the Vincennes took and that comparison is one that bares closer examination. Each 'button pusher' was backed by a system that failed and the result and the reasoning behind the decision making that led to it are similar although the outcomes are proving to be wildly different. The US has never apologised for the Vincennes incident although you can argue their system failure was worse.
Yes, you can blame the man who pulls the trigger because that simplistically draws a line under the event, but the more difficult questions, those that could prevent future events such as these, are never asked because the answers highlight who's really responsible.

I buy a hammer, I buy a nail, I pick up the hammer, I pick up the nail, I swing the hammer, I close my eyes, I hit my thumb.
Which action led to my shouting 'Ow'?
None. There is a sequence of actions from the decision to purchase of the hammer and nail to the lack of expertise in knowing how to use it that could have prevented it. Simply choosing the last act is much too simplistic.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 4:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

@ dave_j

How's your thumb now?
Old Jan 11th 2020, 4:32 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
@ dave_j
How's your thumb now?
Throbbing.. wish I'd never bought that hammer!
Old Jan 11th 2020, 4:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
It's not difficult to compare this action with the action the man on the Vincennes took and that comparison is one that bares closer examination. Each 'button pusher' was backed by a system that failed and the result and the reasoning behind the decision making that led to it are similar although the outcomes are proving to be wildly different. The US has never apologised for the Vincennes incident although you can argue their system failure was worse.
Yes, you can blame the man who pulls the trigger because that simplistically draws a line under the event, but the more difficult questions, those that could prevent future events such as these, are never asked because the answers highlight who's really responsible.
Call me stupid but what is the Vincennes incident. I googled it and all I got was travel info. Why does the US have to apologize?
Old Jan 11th 2020, 4:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Call me stupid but what is the Vincennes incident. I googled it and all I got was travel info. Why does the US have to apologize?
You're not stupid, it was a long time ago. Google Iran flight 655.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 5:01 pm
Listen to the Music

Originally Posted by Rete
Try googling "Iran Air Flight 655" or "USS Vincennes".
It was an incident where the USS Vincennes, while in Iranian waters, shot down a civilian airliner in 1988, wierdly similar to the current event. The Vincennes was a state of the art US Aegis warship. It's a classic examination of system failure, well worth a detailed read.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I think that you're in danger of seeing the event in isolation and blaming, as always, the man charged with actually doing the job. The real culprits, those who play politics, are never questioned, never put in this position. They simply give orders, they never get their clean hands dirty.
I suspect you'd agree that the 'button pusher' didn't wake up that morning with the idea of downing a civilian aircraft but found himself in a position where decisions needed to be made. Either through inadequate training, system failure, fright or simple human error, he made a decision that downed an aircraft.
Yes, you can blame the man who pulls the trigger because that simplistically draws a line under the event, but the more difficult questions, those that could prevent future events such as these, are never asked because the answers highlight who's really responsible
Exactly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.