UK Xbox 360 in NS

Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:23 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Xbox 360 in NS

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
nothing on house, had reply from NS today though need some more info so back to courier tomorrow with the stuff they have asked for then back to the waiting game again
Ah thats a shame mate, you'll get there won't be long and we'll be "doing coffee" before you know it!!
xx
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:28 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellanova
Ah thats a shame mate, you'll get there won't be long and we'll be "doing coffee" before you know it!!
xx
I really hope so
Old Aug 13th 2008, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

glenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the rough

we brought our uk xbox 360 and it works well with a transformer..some of our uk games play on our new canadian xbox ( god knows how or why )
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:45 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glenn wilson
we brought our uk xbox 360 and it works well with a transformer..some of our uk games play on our new canadian xbox ( god knows how or why )
I think its to do with what ever tv set is used,our son brought his and it works with a transformer on his tv set we bought,yet our friends could not get theirs to work until we tried it on our sons tv and it worked.then another friend their son had his game here 2 years and could not get it to work,yip same story only thay had an older tv and tried it on that and it worked with a transformer.sod it if I can rememer the name of the tv set the xbox worked onwill find out when the walking dead rises from his sleep
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future

will my xbox work if i take a little telly with me

chris
Old Aug 15th 2008, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

glenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the rough

maybye if you use a transformer for both. we bought a small tv/dvd combi and it works fine with a transformer. p.s. the xboz games are a little cheaper out here....thats the good news....oh and gears of war 2 comes out soon.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

craig_hoxton is an unknown quantity at this point

I've gone through the same thing - I sold my UK console before I left and now I have to cancel my UK subscription and get a refund because I can't use it in North America.

Good news, though - you can still use your UK Gamertag in North America, you just need to buy an Xbox Live subscription in North America (I'd use a prepaid card you can get in Futureshop etc. instead of a credit card) and then attach it to your Gamertag. The points from games you built up stay with the Gamertag, not with the subscription.

Getting an Xbox 360 for Xmas and will update here if this works out!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:12 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craig_hoxton
I've gone through the same thing - I sold my UK console before I left and now I have to cancel my UK subscription and get a refund because I can't use it in North America.

Good news, though - you can still use your UK Gamertag in North America, you just need to buy an Xbox Live subscription in North America (I'd use a prepaid card you can get in Futureshop etc. instead of a credit card) and then attach it to your Gamertag. The points from games you built up stay with the Gamertag, not with the subscription.

Getting an Xbox 360 for Xmas and will update here if this works out!
Yes, but you can't buy points in North America, you'll have to buy them from the UK. Also you can't buy things from the NA stores, only the UK store if you keep the GamerTag. GamerTags cannot have their country changed once set.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute

We brought our X box with us, set up on Uk TV with a scary looking amount of transformers attached. Spent copious amount of time and $$ gettingset up, only to get the red rings off death 3 weeks later:curse: So, Canadian Xobx we now have. Games will play - all except Ea according to the oracle that is my son. Might be easier (and cheaper) to buy one here and just start COD again from scratch!!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

Speaking of COD I feel like I am under attack from gunfire at the moment! My husband just bought a PS3 as he gave his PS2 and Xbox to his brother before we left. We brought our UK Wii though and have set that up after a few adjustments.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

akitared is on a distinguished road

Hi all, I read with interest as mine arrives tomorrow after clearing customs in Calgary.

I am guessing that the power block is all that needs changing as all voltage conversion is done there? Is the connector from the back of the XBOX to the power supply unit generic??? If so, I will only need a North American XBOX power supply?

Can I go on Live if I retain my UK Subscription? Can you not just change the system locale to show Canada and not the UK?

Where is the best place to get a transformer if required?

Sorry for all the questions, just suffering from XBOX Live withdral symptoms!

Please advise............................................ .....................................
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:44 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by akitared
Hi all, I read with interest as mine arrives tomorrow after clearing customs in Calgary.

I am guessing that the power block is all that needs changing as all voltage conversion is done there? Is the connector from the back of the XBOX to the power supply unit generic??? If so, I will only need a North American XBOX power supply? Correct

Can I go on Live if I retain my UK Subscription? Can you not just change the system locale to show Canada and not the UK? Yes, I have done this - BUT, when it comes to renewal time, you won't be able to buy the pre-paid cards available here, you'll have to use a credit card

Where is the best place to get a transformer if required? Ebay

Sorry for all the questions, just suffering from XBOX Live withdral symptoms!

Please advise............................................ .....................................
Answers in red
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

akitared is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the prompt reply G77.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:49 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MICROSOFT-XBOX-360-2PC-POWER-CORD-SUPPLY_W0QQitemZ310105824055QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVid eo_Games_Accessories?hash=item310105824055&_trksid =p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|3 9%3A1|240%3A1318
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gary123
We brought our X box with us, set up on Uk TV with a scary looking amount of transformers attached. Spent copious amount of time and $$ gettingset up, only to get the red rings off death 3 weeks later:curse: So, Canadian Xobx we now have. Games will play - all except Ea according to the oracle that is my son. Might be easier (and cheaper) to buy one here and just start COD again from scratch!!
if you get red rings of death.. wrap the machine in a couple of towels. turn it on.. it will overheat & and cutout. leave it in garage to go stone cold. switch back on it WILL work.. or if its less than 2 yrs old they will replace it..

chris.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.