For the TV streamers

Old Feb 12th 2014, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For the TV streamers

Very strange - I didn't do anything different at all apart from add the Mashup repository and Ice Films / 1channel are working perfectly now
Old Feb 12th 2014, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
Mashup on and working nicely - just got to figure out why 1channel and icefilms don't want to play the game

1channel working well now - just played a Cam copy of the lego movie
Well i am struggling with Mashup. I installed it no problem but hardly any link seems to work they just end up either saying broken link or file not working or something. I have searched stuff then found maybe 15 links and not one works yet 1 channel seems to be perfect. Any hints??
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:18 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Animal
I've CAT 6 cabled the house in every room (and RG6 if it comes to that) and have a 1Gb service to each room through a switch. Wireless is crap TBH although I do have a wireless bridge in the garage and out the back which gives us a better service. Each room has a PC hooked up to the TV. I have 3 servers but only 1 hooked up at a time as it costs a fortune to keep the bloody things running 24/7. It's a nice, basic home network that is relatively inexpensive. It also should be fairly advanced for the next decade at least
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:30 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Without using mumbo jumbo jargon please, what causes juddering of the streamed images? It's worst on CBS and Channel 4. Never happens on Netflix.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:41 am

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

My interpretation is that it's all down to whether the servers used can handle the traffic. Try driving from Pontypool(server1) to Abergavenny(server2) on market day(well at least it used to be a Tuesday). By the time you got to the Hardwick roundabout, the town was practically gridlocked. Too much trying to do too much. Same as a bin or a pint glass will hold no more than full(currently working on the pint glass thing).

BBC live TV was buffering like a bastard for me on the weekend, matchday of course, so I gave up and used firstrowsports for the matches. They never fail to stream for me. ITV and C4 never an issue or BBC catchup either. It just used to be BBC2 that I had a problem with buffering. Now it's 1 & 2 that give me grief by the looks of it.

I did read somewhere that keep a regular check on your browser cache and make sure you delete the cookies. Apparently it can have an adverse effect on live streaming. For that I use CCleaner.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:59 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Bean
My interpretation is that it's all down to whether the servers used can handle the traffic. Try driving from Pontypool(server1) to Abergavenny(server2) on market day(well at least it used to be a Tuesday). By the time you got to the Hardwick roundabout, the town was practically gridlocked. Too much trying to do too much. Same as a bin or a pint glass will hold no more than full(currently working on the pint glass thing).

BBC live TV was buffering like a bastard for me on the weekend, matchday of course, so I gave up and used firstrowsports for the matches. They never fail to stream for me. ITV and C4 never an issue or BBC catchup either. It just used to be BBC2 that I had a problem with buffering. Now it's 1 & 2 that give me grief by the looks of it.

I did read somewhere that keep a regular check on your browser cache and make sure you delete the cookies. Apparently it can have an adverse effect on live streaming. For that I use CCleaner.
I'll try CCleaner. Thanks.

Not sure how the traffic analogy works when it's always the same sites regardless of the time of day. Still it sounds as if therr isn'tmuvh i can do about it..
Old Feb 12th 2014, 12:19 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I've CAT 6 cabled the house in every room (and RG6 if it comes to that) and have a 1Gb service to each room through a switch. Wireless is crap TBH although I do have a wireless bridge in the garage and out the back which gives us a better service. Each room has a PC hooked up to the TV. I have 3 servers but only 1 hooked up at a time as it costs a fortune to keep the bloody things running 24/7. It's a nice, basic home network that is relatively inexpensive. It also should be fairly advanced for the next decade at least
Nice set-up

When we extended the house in the UK I made sure there was Cat 6 cable going to every room - both for the PC's and also I had speakers in every room controlled centrally.

Came here and nothing I've got a wireless bridge set-up as we had a dead spot on one side of the house but the powerline works great for us without putting the cable through the house.

We struggled this weekend with buffering for some reason too. We don't normally get it and been great since. With XBMC there is a choice of various add ons for live streaming and if one is pretty crap quality, I'll just use a different add on and all is good.

I'll likely reboot the router evey week or so also. No idea why, but that seems to help also.

I changed the settings in the router last night also so that the Streaming devices get the priority over the bandwidth (using QOS - Quality of Service) than my sons PC that he has 2 monitors on - One he'll be playing a game on and skypeing his mates he's playing online with on the other. Seems to work great.

Last edited by Animal; Feb 12th 2014 at 12:22 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 12:24 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Mashup on and working nicely - just got to figure out why 1channel and icefilms don't want to play the game

1channel working well now - just played a Cam copy of the lego movie
Good news - enjoy

Sad to say - that's a film I fancy watching and my 'kids' are grown up !

Very strange - I didn't do anything different at all apart from add the Mashup repository and Ice Films / 1channel are working perfectly now
Some of the addons add other files that are required to work. It may have installed those or updated to the latest files also.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 12:26 pm
I said what ?!

Originally Posted by printer
Well i am struggling with Mashup. I installed it no problem but hardly any link seems to work they just end up either saying broken link or file not working or something. I have searched stuff then found maybe 15 links and not one works yet 1 channel seems to be perfect. Any hints??
Do the links in Hackermil section work in Mashup ?

When you search in mashup it searches through a whole host of other sites and if they need a specific add on to play the file, you may get this error.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 12:59 pm

changed the settings in the router last night also so that the Streaming devices get the priority over the bandwidth (using QOS - Quality of Service) than my sons PC that he has 2 monitors on - One he'll be playing a game on and skypeing his mates he's playing online with on the other. Seems to work great.
I'll try that later this week. Good idea.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
I just had a play around with mashup - I tried 6 movies on the hackermil channel and they were all good - I checked out the live streaming box - All 4 sky sports channels were good as was the BT Sports and "At The Races" - The showtime channel I checked a few tv series (walking Dead and Dexter ) on there and they were all working well .
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:59 pm
I said what ?!

Anybody who's interested in getting the XBMC set-up running easily and inexpensively Amazon has the Ouya streaming box on offer with $20 off at $79.99 and free shipping.

Ouya on Amazon.ca

I'm tempted even though I don't need one yet but it'll also play some old adventure games I used to play years ago (Monkey island ) which would be fun on a big TV

Last edited by Animal; Feb 12th 2014 at 5:02 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 5:08 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Pacific Rim is on PSN this weekend for $2 (HD).

Quite a bargain compared to the $190,000,000,000 billion it cost to make.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1663662/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Old Feb 15th 2014, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Do the links in Hackermil section work in Mashup ?

When you search in mashup it searches through a whole host of other sites and if they need a specific add on to play the file, you may get this error.
Yes i tried Hackermill and all was good with those links
Old Feb 15th 2014, 11:23 pm

Nice set-up
I should say that if anyone wants any advice on this to PM me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.