Trump Trump Trump

Old Jan 7th 2022, 7:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trump Trump Trump

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I would think that, if overthrowing the government was the objective, in the land that lots of people have military grade firearms, those would have been used.
Well, we know where you stand. https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/97787...-say-they-used
Some supporters of former President Donald Trump have argued that the dangerousness of the Capitol rioters has been overblown. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., has said, for example, "This didn't seem like an armed insurrection to me."

Others have echoed that view, and conservative and pro-Trump media, like Breitbart, The Epoch Times and the Washington Examiner
Ron Johnson - pushes conspiracy theories
Breitbart - much of its content has been called misogynistic, xenophobic, and racist by liberals and traditional conservatives alike. The site has published a number of conspiracy theories
The Epoch Times - The Epoch Media Group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccine misinformation
The Washington Examiner - conspiracy theory pusher, climate change deniers.

I know this won't bother you but it might help others pick out reasonable positions to take in these matters.
Old Jan 7th 2022, 11:53 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what you mean by "how many injuries would be appropriate?" I don't recall stating that any injuries would have been "appropriate."

I would think that, if overthrowing the government was the objective, in the land that lots of people have military grade firearms, those would have been used.

I wouldn't describe it as an attempt to overthrow a government but I accept that others may wish to.
to quote you
"One would have thought that, if "overthrowing the government" was really the intent, far more people would have been injured and those intending such actions would have gone with far more serious weapons."
So in that sentence you said far more people would have been injured so you must have looked at how many were injured and decided that wasn't a sufficient amount, to decide this you must have had an idea of the appropriate amount of injuries.

Last edited by bats; Jan 8th 2022 at 12:12 am.
Old Jan 8th 2022, 4:32 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Isn't that what happens in riots of any kind? a bunch of unsavoury society drop outs that have no respect and consideration for property or the law colaborate and do whatever the hell they want?
It usually results in injury and or death.....nothing good ever comes out of any riot, this one was no different from any other in the past.
It was more than a riot though. It was an attempt to take political control by force, and that's unprecedented in the USA. I understand your comment on CNN "milking it" but by the same token Fox is whipping up outrage and lies by promoting the "steal" agenda. American politics is so dirty post-Obama, it really is a shame.
Old Jan 8th 2022, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
to quote you
"One would have thought that, if "overthrowing the government" was really the intent, far more people would have been injured and those intending such actions would have gone with far more serious weapons."
So in that sentence you said far more people would have been injured so you must have looked at how many were injured and decided that wasn't a sufficient amount, to decide this you must have had an idea of the appropriate amount of injuries.
Well, I am not an expert on overthrowing governments but, if one's intent was to overthrow the US government, I would have been expecting to hear about far more injuries than have been posted above as evidence of such a course of action/intent.
Old Jan 8th 2022, 12:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
For a start they are not "my" bunch of yahoos... these are extremists like all rioters are, and I am not trivialising it, there have been an endless list of riots over the years but I do agree this particular event would have been seen as unusual in the more normal times of the past, but not anymore, it occurs to me that this is the new state if society, extremism and division are the new norm, each side's ideology feeds the opposing side of the political spectrum, as a result and fueled by the media (which I have commented on before) this extremism and division grow more every day.

On the media's absurd deference to the right:
Old Jan 8th 2022, 12:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am not an expert on overthrowing governments but, if one's intent was to overthrow the US government, I would have been expecting to hear about far more injuries than have been posted above as evidence of such a course of action/intent.
I think the objective is not to overthrow the government by force but by stealth and the force is incidental. The evil figures in the US, Hawley, Cruz, Gym Jordan, Perry, Gaetz, Graham, etc. intend to rig future elections by gerrymandering and by taking control of the electoral bodies. Trying to stop the inauguration (by having a mob murder the vice-president) was a sideshow, an opportunity that developed with minimal planning. They're not organizing and armed overthrow because that would spark a reaction problematic to them; provoking and exploiting a mob at arm's length is less obvious to the public at large, especially when a compliant news network is direct engaged (see text messages to/from Hannity).
Old Jan 8th 2022, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think the objective is not to overthrow the government by force but by stealth and the force is incidental. The evil figures in the US, Hawley, Cruz, Gym Jordan, Perry, Gaetz, Graham, etc. intend to rig future elections by gerrymandering and by taking control of the electoral bodies. Trying to stop the inauguration (by having a mob murder the vice-president) was a sideshow, an opportunity that developed with minimal planning. They're not organizing and armed overthrow because that would spark a reaction problematic to them; provoking and exploiting a mob at arm's length is less obvious to the public at large, especially when a compliant news network is direct engaged (see text messages to/from Hannity).
Possibly. It will be interesting to see if the investigation turns up anything concrete in support of such an opinion or if if turns into as much of a damp squib as the previous investigation into Trump's alleged conduct did.
Old Jan 8th 2022, 2:45 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

You've replied by rephrasing your original comment so I'll ask the same question. You'd "expect far more injuries", what's your cut off amount for a sufficient amount of injuries?
Old Jan 8th 2022, 4:16 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we need to hear from the investigation
As there have been dozens of court cases already. A number of those convicted have said that they were there at the behest of Trump (those involved thought Trump wanted them to do this, the investigation might tell us if that was Trump's intent) to get the election results over turned.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 12:23 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Takeaway: the solution to helping those captured by the cult is empathy.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You've replied by rephrasing your original comment so I'll ask the same question. You'd "expect far more injuries", what's your cut off amount for a sufficient amount of injuries?
"Sufficient amount of injuries for what?" Where have I ever stated that there would be a "sufficient amount of injuries"?
Old Jan 10th 2022, 1:45 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Can I recommend Gabriel Gatehouses excellent (& disturbing) podcast "The Coming Storm"? https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001324r

Traces the intersection between batshit crazy conspiracy theories & right wing groups success in weaponising them. The truth isn't important, its our version of it that is. Compelling stuff.
That the Q-anon and Evangelical nutjobs think that Trump is their saviour, still staggers me but there you go, that's Americans (or 50% of them) for you.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 1:48 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It is the drive by the Trumpian right to take over the mechanics of government - from school boards, to state electoral commissions etc that is more of threat than armed insurrection IMHO.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 1:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

"Sufficient amount of injuries for what?" Where have I ever stated that there would be a "sufficient amount of injuries"?
How typical.
I shall re-quote Bats
to quote you
So, for clarity, if there weren't enough people injured or killed for the intent of overthrowing, how many would have been enough?

I mean you're not that stupid or is it that you expect others to be stupid? If you believe a number is not high enough for something you must believe a number that would be high enough. It needn't be specific, just an approximation.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 2:49 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The October Revolution in Russia overthrew the Kerensky government, by storming the Winter palace, on November 7th. To the best of my recollection, no one was killed during this event.
​​​​Probably the most famous revolution in history had a zero death count on it comparable day to Jan 6th.

Last edited by kimilseung; Jan 10th 2022 at 2:57 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.