British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Trump Trump Trump (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/trump-trump-trump-903743/)

caretaker Oct 14th 2021 9:34 pm

Re: Trump Trump Trump

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13061882)
Or we hope he OD's on Ivermectin and bleach before then.

Or maybe a boxy GRU agent can just poke him in the leg with an umbrella. Sorry, but every thought I have is an un-Christian thought.

Jingsamichty Oct 15th 2021 7:29 am

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 13061886)
Or maybe a boxy GRU agent can just poke him in the leg with an umbrella. Sorry, but every thought I have is an un-Christian thought.

It's more likely to be a CIA agent than a GRU agent. And I don't think it's an un-Christian thought at all... after seeing Trump posing outside that church with a Bible I think Jesus himself would have happily stabbed the bastard.

caretaker Oct 15th 2021 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 13061976)
It's more likely to be a CIA agent than a GRU agent. And I don't think it's an un-Christian thought at all... after seeing Trump posing outside that church with a Bible I think Jesus himself would have happily stabbed the bastard.

I don't think the CIA would be interested, tbh, and since they are tasked with investigating threats to the US on foreign soil, it would be up to the FBI. They couldn't put together a dream team like they used to sweep Kennedy under the rug a second time anyway; it's a different world now. It was Putin who got Trump into the White House, and he's been using the GRU (far boxier than the FSB) for hits all over the place, rubbing out anyone posing a threat or anyone whose death might send a message to opponents, in Ukraine, in England, and in Russia, and no doubt other places where they were successful and undetected.

Danny B Jan 6th 2022 3:42 pm

CNN are milking last years Jan 6th capitol storming for all it's worth today!

Paul_Shepherd Jan 6th 2022 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 13086553)
CNN are milking last years Jan 6th capitol storming for all it's worth today!

Lol. If I have to watch that same worn out clip of some yahoos running up the steps one more time....Ill will scream! typical CNN. Yawn

BristolUK Jan 6th 2022 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13086567)
.. some yahoos running up the steps...

You mean when five people were killed including a police officer helping to defend the innocent people working there, those yahoos?

BEVS Jan 6th 2022 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13086592)
You mean when five people were killed including a police officer helping to defend the innocent people working there, those yahoos?

Quite

Paul_Shepherd Jan 7th 2022 11:18 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13086592)

Isn't that what happens in riots of any kind? a bunch of unsavoury society drop outs that have no respect and consideration for property or the law colaborate and do whatever the hell they want?
It usually results in injury and or death.....nothing good ever comes out of any riot, this one was no different from any other in the past.

dbd33 Jan 7th 2022 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13086699)
Isn't that what happens in riots of any kind? a bunch of unsavoury society drop outs that have no respect and consideration for property or the law colaborate and do whatever the hell they want?
It usually results in injury and or death.....nothing good ever comes out of any riot, this one was no different from any other in the past.

Not different than kicking out the English but there's been nothing comparable in the US since. Attempts at the violent overthrow of the government don't come along every day.

BristolUK Jan 7th 2022 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13086699)

Yes but your "bunch of yahoos" comment appeared to trivialise the coverage of an event where people lost lives and for which others have received hefty prison sentences recently. An unusual event that just had its first anniversary and one which was very different from others in recent times or comparable nations.

Paul_Shepherd Jan 7th 2022 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13086707)
Yes but your "bunch of yahoos" comment appeared to trivialise the coverage of an event where people lost lives and for which others have received hefty prison sentences recently. An unusual event that just had its first anniversary and one which was very different from others in recent times or comparable nations.

For a start they are not "my" bunch of yahoos... these are extremists like all rioters are, and I am not trivialising it, there have been an endless list of riots over the years but I do agree this particular event would have been seen as unusual in the more normal times of the past, but not anymore, it occurs to me that this is the new state if society, extremism and division are the new norm, each side's ideology feeds the opposing side of the political spectrum, as a result and fueled by the media (which I have commented on before) this extremism and division grow more every day.

BristolUK Jan 7th 2022 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13086748)
For a start they are not "my" bunch of yahoos...

I referred to your yahoos comment. It was your comment.

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13086567)
Lol. If I have to watch that same worn out clip of some yahoos...

and I am not trivialising it

If I have to watchsome yahoos running up the steps one more time....Ill will scream! typical CNN. Yawn
I think most people would take the yawn as trivialising it.

When was the last time something similar - overthrowing government - was seen in the US that led to deaths and long prison sentences and demands for action against the former president who encouraged it? Is it really worthy of ho-hum?

Almost Canadian Jan 7th 2022 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13086753)
I referred to your yahoos comment. It was your comment.

I think most people would take the yawn as trivialising it.

When was the last time something similar - overthrowing government - was seen in the US that led to deaths and long prison sentences and demands for action against the former president who encouraged it? Is it really worthy of ho-hum?

One would have thought that, if "overthrowing the government" was really the intent, far more people would have been injured and those intending such actions would have gone with far more serious weapons.

Those on the left have been guilty of inciting "burn this city to the ground" type actions over the past few years and I haven't seen any credible evidence that Trump encouraged the "overthrowing" of any government, despite the media's attempts to suggest that he did.

bats Jan 7th 2022 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 13086755)
One would have thought that, if "overthrowing the government" was really the intent, far more people would have been injured and those intending such actions would have gone with far more serious weapons.

Those on the left have been guilty of inciting "burn this city to the ground" type actions over the past few years and I haven't seen any credible evidence that Trump encouraged the "overthrowing" of any government, despite the media's attempts to suggest that he did.

How many injuries would be appropriate ? What makes a weapon serious too, I read that one police office waa stabbed with a metal spike. A pipe bomb was found at another building,, can't recall which one but Kamala Harris was there.

Almost Canadian Jan 7th 2022 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by bats (Post 13086766)
How many injuries would be appropriate ? What makes a weapon serious too, I read that one police office waa stabbed with a metal spike. A pipe bomb was found at another building,, can't recall which one but Kamala Harris was there.

I don't know what you mean by "how many injuries would be appropriate?" I don't recall stating that any injuries would have been "appropriate."

I would think that, if overthrowing the government was the objective, in the land that lots of people have military grade firearms, those would have been used.

I wouldn't describe it as an attempt to overthrow a government but I accept that others may wish to.