Trump Trump Trump

Old Jan 24th 2021, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trump Trump Trump

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Well...just like Trump she's full of hate... she stands there flinging venom and vitriol about the state of the environment.
What hate? What venom and vitriol, exactly?

She has certainly made dire predictions about the future historical reputations of major world leaders who are failing to act to avert the climate change crisis.

But that has always struck me as an expression of 'bitter disappointment' in those who were elected to lead, but have not, rather than 'hatred' of them--and there is a critical difference between the two sentiments.

Indeed, she has often shown a sense of humour in dealing with her opponents, most recently in the "Pittsburgh" vs "Paris" exchange with Ted Cruz.

Last edited by abner; Jan 24th 2021 at 7:49 am.
Old Jan 25th 2021, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Scilly.... this is my point, another one that is doing something, instead of just complaining, I hadn’t heard of her no, which again backs up the point I am trying to make, and good for her! She should be applauded.

I said in one of my earlier posts, it’s the media that decides who is going to be heard or not heard, the people that are actually doing something are not newsworthy enough for the sensationalist political media .....but these are the people that I have admiration for. As I keep saying anyone can complain and preach, it’s the doers that interest me. The media jumped on to the Greta bandwagon as they knew her attitude would sell "newspapers" or whatever the modern equivalent is, or garner air time.

It’s just an observation of mine, in return I appear to have had sections of my posts taken out of context and a patronising spell check!.... (which was correct anyway). Never understood the need for people to do that. I’ve always found it’s only something done from behind a computer screen never face to face.

All I’m saying is that if I feel strongly about something I will act, like Autumn Peltier and Boyon Slat (spelt correctly yet again) have both done so. I can relate to these two young people, but I don’t see how Greta brings anything to the table, give anyone a microphone and they can do what she is doing. Of course this is just my opinion, I am not asking anyone to agree with it, I think I have put my point across of why I feel the way I do perfectly well, and there are many that agree with me.

Old Jan 25th 2021, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Scilly.... this is my point, another one that is doing something, instead of just complaining, I hadn’t heard of her no, which again backs up the point I am trying to make, and good for her! She should be applauded.

I said in one of my earlier posts, it’s the media that decides who is going to be heard or not heard, the people that are actually doing something are not newsworthy enough for the sensationalist political media .....but these are the people that I have admiration for. As I keep saying anyone can complain and preach, it’s the doers that interest me. The media jumped on to the Greta bandwagon as they knew her attitude would sell "newspapers" or whatever the modern equivalent is, or garner air time.

It’s just an observation of mine, in return I appear to have had sections of my posts taken out of context and a patronising spell check!.... (which was correct anyway). Never understood the need for people to do that. I’ve always found it’s only something done from behind a computer screen never face to face.

All I’m saying is that if I feel strongly about something I will act, like Autumn Peltier and Boyon Slat (spelt correctly yet again) have both done so. I can relate to these two young people, but I don’t see how Greta brings anything to the table, give anyone a microphone and they can do what she is doing. Of course this is just my opinion, I am not asking anyone to agree with it, I think I have put my point across of why I feel the way I do perfectly well, and there are many that agree with me.

Old Jan 25th 2021, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least he's getting the same coverage as Greta now.

Old Jan 25th 2021, 10:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

give anyone a microphone and they can do what she is doing.
Actually that is not true is it. Give people a microphone and most will mumble and bumble, be wooden or not wish to use the thing. No different to being great at DIY, the arts or sport. She actually has an exceptional talent and skill in being able to speak to and for many. I really do hope she continues and that more find their own voices now through her work.
Old Jan 25th 2021, 10:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Generally speaking that phrase is used in a negative way however teachers are, in my opinion, incredibly important and we can't do without them. Greta isn't vitriolic, she's passionate and can verbalise that passion which is just as important as being able to create something. Just my opinion but there are many who agree with me.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Moneypenny ........ you forgot the 3rd part of that saying

those that can't teach, teach teachers
Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:04 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

... I don’t see how Greta brings anything to the table, give anyone a microphone and they can do what she is doing. Of course this is just my opinion, I am not asking anyone to agree with it, I think I have put my point across of why I feel the way I do perfectly well, and there are many that agree with me.
Your opinion seems to be shared by quite a few people I know, they also have other reactionary and conservative views in common. It seems to be a default reaction... when someone challenges their established ideas, they automatically attack the person rather than the message. It's a depressingly consistent approach.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 1:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
...automatically attack the person rather than the message...
Not to mention trying to sound 'reasonable' at the same time.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 3:12 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Actually that is not true is it. Give people a microphone and most will mumble and bumble, be wooden or not wish to use the thing. No different to being great at DIY, the arts or sport. She actually has an exceptional talent and skill in being able to speak to and for many. I really do hope she continues and that more find their own voices now through her work.
I know a few kids her age who also have Asperger's, and none of them would dare ask a stranger for the time, let alone speak in public.

I agree with her message, but I can't help think that she has been manufactured.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 8:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Danny B
I know a few kids her age who also have Asperger's, and none of them would dare ask a stranger for the time, let alone speak in public.

I agree with her message, but I can't help think that she has been manufactured.
That is a shame for those kids. There are ways to hrlp with that.
I have worked with Asperger children and teenagers in a school specifically for those with Asperger . Just like everyone , they are all very different and much depends where on the spectrum they are plus what level and type of behavior help they may or may not have recd.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Yes many would mumble and bumble, but the world is a big place with a huge population, (another issue but I won’t go into that now) I think there are many out there that could do what she has done its not ground breaking, or is the message she is conveying. Ok Greta, got you,, now that you have scolded us all, and made us all feel like we are terrible people, what now? Any suggestions? Im open to ideas? I can't help feeling she is only where she is because of sensationalist media... as Danny B says..maybe a bit manufactured?.

Your opinion seems to be shared by quite a few people I know, they also have other reactionary and conservative views in common. It seems to be a default reaction... when someone challenges their established ideas, they automatically attack the person rather than the message. It's a depressingly consistent approach.
We already know the message, and agree; but more importantly, what are we going to do about it? Governments are already acting. but its not something that can happen overnight. The whole Greta thing kind of reminds me of a Fawlty Towers scene, when Cybil phones Basil from the hospital to ask him to hang the picture which he is already doing and has to stop to answer the phone….. and I quote “Im doing it! Im doing it!!! What is the point of phoning me to tell me to do something I am already doing, I mean what is the bloody point! “ end quote. Lol thought Id inject a little humour into it. What is life without humour after all?!

Old Jan 27th 2021, 3:49 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Greta is just pissed off at people who aren't taking climate change seriously, and if someone is offended by her scolding them for putting her generation at risk, I'm sure she can handle it. She may not have invented a trash-removing barge, but not many have, and she isn't an engineer anyway so that comparison is silly. What she has done is raise global awareness to a degree nobody else has. If she's scared of her detractors (which include some powerful people), she hasn't let it show. Greta and Boyan Slat have both made great contributions, even if she's the one getting all the press. Ask Boyan what he thinks of her. He'd probably say he admires her.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 7:58 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Yes many would mumble and bumble, but the world is a big place with a huge population, (another issue but I won’t go into that now) I think there are many out there that could do what she has done its not ground breaking, or is the message she is conveying. Ok Greta, got you,, now that you have scolded us all, and made us all feel like we are terrible people, what now? Any suggestions? Im open to ideas? I can't help feeling she is only where she is because of sensationalist media... as Danny B says..maybe a bit manufactured?.
Well, there were many people out there who could have, for example, decided that racial segregation was wrong but it took a brave person like Rosa Parks to galvanise the moment. If it weren't for people like Rosa Parks, or Emmeline Pankhurst, or Nelson Mandela, or countless others, most people will simply shrug their shoulders, agree that something should probably be done, and get on with their lives as though nothing has happened. We need agitators to keep us from complacency.

We already know the message, and agree; but more importantly, what are we going to do about it? Governments are already acting. but its not something that can happen overnight. The whole Greta thing kind of reminds me of a Fawlty Towers scene, when Cybil phones Basil from the hospital to ask him to hang the picture which he is already doing and has to stop to answer the phone….. and I quote “Im doing it! Im doing it!!! What is the point of phoning me to tell me to do something I am already doing, I mean what is the bloody point! “ end quote. Lol thought Id inject a little humour into it. What is life without humour after all?!
Governments are not acting, that's the point. Or not acting quickly enough. You're in Canada, I bet you could go out today and buy yourself a V8 hemi truck for commuting to work, getting sub-20mpg probably, and nobody would so much as bat an eyelid.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

You're in Canada, I bet you could go out today and buy yourself a V8 hemi truck for commuting to work, getting sub-20mpg probably, and nobody would so much as bat an eyelid.
My B-I-L in the GTA would sell you one and convince you that you need such a behometh for the mean streets of the GTA. Needless to say I haven't bought one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.