Trump Trump Trump

Old Jul 17th 2019, 4:35 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trump Trump Trump

The issue with Trump that the democrats, and more importantly the republicans, haven't yet found an answer to is that in Trump you have a man who plays by no rules other than the one that benefits him and in this he has shown himself to be utterly ruthless with friends and foe alike. One result is that neither side knows how to react to Trump where the outcome will be guaranteed to be in their favour.
Burke once said: “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” and in the US political establishment you have a system paralysed by conflict. It's a dangerous time to bet against evil.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
The issue with Trump that the democrats, and more importantly the republicans, haven't yet found an answer to is that in Trump you have a man who plays by no rules other than the one that benefits him and in this he has shown himself to be utterly ruthless with friends and foe alike. One result is that neither side knows how to react to Trump where the outcome will be guaranteed to be in their favour.
Burke once said: “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” and in the US political establishment you have a system paralysed by conflict. It's a dangerous time to bet against evil.
Trump is evil? He's not very articulate and he appears to be somewhat childish, but I wouldn't put him in the evil category. What has he done that you would consider to be evil?
Old Jul 17th 2019, 7:55 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Trump's not completely daft, he figured out Ali G was messing with him, unlike a few other people.

Old Jul 17th 2019, 8:06 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Trump is evil? He's not very articulate and he appears to be somewhat childish, but I wouldn't put him in the evil category. What has he done that you would consider to be evil?
OK, I should have placed 'evil' in quotes. It was a direct reference to Burkes quotation.
As for whether Trump is in fact evil, that would depend on whether you've been impacted by any of Trump's dictats.
I suspect that the parent of a child lost in the chaos of the child separation policy with no idea where it is, when it'll be reunited or whether it'll die in custody might view the policy as evil as it was conceived as a form of punishment.

Old Jul 17th 2019, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
OK, I should have placed 'evil' in quotes. It was a direct reference to Burkes quotation.
As for whether Trump is in fact evil, that would depend on whether you've been impacted by any of Trump's dictats.
I suspect that the parent of a child lost in the chaos of the child separation policy with no idea where it is, when it'll be reunited or whether it'll die in custody might view the policy as evil as it was conceived as a form of punishment.
Is there any evidence that those that arrived at the border and applied for asylum at a border checkpoint with their children have been separated from their children?
Old Jul 18th 2019, 12:12 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any evidence that those that arrived at the border and applied for asylum at a border checkpoint with their children have been separated from their children?
Wiki suggests so https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_...aration_policy but I suppose supporters can argue that Trump didn't know or that it was an unintended consequence of his policies. "Evil" to me suggests a more specifically personal failing so, while Trumps vanity and petty vindictiveness could easily end the world (withdrew from the Iran agreement just because Obama signed it) that might not be considered evil. What about the rapes though? Raping his wife, probably raping children (allegations made in court in connection with the Epstein case but not tested to date) might be considered poor behaviour, combine that with callous racism "good people on both sides" "Omar was married to her brother", and he's certainly vile, if not actually evil.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Opinions on Trump depend entirely on which media organs one reads or watches. Every established MSM organ lies and frequently invents fake news to slander its chosen political victims. The term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" (TDS) has been invented for those individuals and corporations who spew bile in every Trumpian context. Every second word from his mouth is labelled "racist" or "misogynist" or "fascist", and credibility is stretched to its limit.

For instance, his comment about the four young Congresswomen was stupid, unfair, ignorant, and tribal - but it was not racist. Criticising someone who happens to have a half-ounce of non-Aryan blood in them is not racist; indeed, it is racist to label it as such. So let him who is without that sin, cast the first stone. Two of those four are by normal standards "coloured" ("persons of colour", we must say these days - SMH), the other two aren't. I don't know what percentage of AOC's heritage is off-white, but about the same as Elizabeth Warren's, by the looks of her; and Miss Tlaib looks as white as I am. Lumping all four of them together under one heading is difficult, calling Trump a racist for attempting it betrays an abysmal level of ignorance.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 2:07 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Opinions on Trump depend entirely on which media organs one reads or watches. Every established MSM organ lies and frequently invents fake news to slander its chosen political victims. The term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" (TDS) has been invented for those individuals and corporations who spew bile in every Trumpian context. Every second word from his mouth is labelled "racist" or "misogynist" or "fascist", and credibility is stretched to its limit.

For instance, his comment about the four young Congresswomen was stupid, unfair, ignorant, and tribal - but it was not racist. Criticising someone who happens to have a half-ounce of non-Aryan blood in them is not racist; indeed, it is racist to label it as such. So let him who is without that sin, cast the first stone. Two of those four are by normal standards "coloured" ("persons of colour", we must say these days - SMH), the other two aren't. I don't know what percentage of AOC's heritage is off-white, but about the same as Elizabeth Warren's, by the looks of her; and Miss Tlaib looks as white as I am. Lumping all four of them together under one heading is difficult, calling Trump a racist for attempting it betrays an abysmal level of ignorance.
Trump is a racist. The Mexican rapists, Omar marrying her brother, suggesting that the squad go back where they came from. It's textbook stuff. It's not the worst of his sins, cheating people through scams such as the Trump University is possibly worse but he's the very definition of a racist.

Old Jul 18th 2019, 2:53 am
Listen to the Music

I don't believe I mentioned asylum, but I think there is ample evidence that children have been separated from their parents at the border, there is ample evidence that such children have been held for longer periods than allowed and there is evidence that some children have died in custody.

Old Jul 18th 2019, 10:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

Racism:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/17/trump-rally-send-her-back-ilhan-oma

Sorry for the link to a quality publication, feel free to counter with something from Fox, RT or the Daily Mail.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jul 18th 2019 at 12:02 pm. Reason: Tried to fix the link, it wouldn't let me.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 12:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Racism:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/17/trump-rally-send-her-back-ilhan-oma

Sorry for the link to a quality publication, feel free to counter with something from Fox, RT or the Daily Mail.
The link didn't work. Try this one. Not that Mr Barlow will read it of course.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dbd33
Wiki suggests so https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_...aration_policy but I suppose supporters can argue that Trump didn't know or that it was an unintended consequence of his policies. "Evil" to me suggests a more specifically personal failing so, while Trumps vanity and petty vindictiveness could easily end the world (withdrew from the Iran agreement just because Obama signed it) that might not be considered evil. What about the rapes though? Raping his wife, probably raping children (allegations made in court in connection with the Epstein case but not tested to date) might be considered poor behaviour, combine that with callous racism "good people on both sides" "Omar was married to her brother", and he's certainly vile, if not actually evil.
I am not going to disagree with you that he is vile.

As for the sexual assaults, I prefer to wait until the trial of such issues before coming to a conclusion. I see that all charges against Spacey have now been dropped. As I have said before, I am of the view that nothing should be reported until the trial has finished, as there is too great a risk that someone's life can be ruined by such reporting.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 2:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The link didn't work. Try this one. Not that Mr Barlow will read it of course.
Thanks.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 3:06 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what percentage of AOC's heritage is off-white, but about the same as Elizabeth Warren's, by the looks of her; and Miss Tlaib looks as white as I am. Lumping all four of them together under one heading is difficult, calling Trump a racist for attempting it betrays an abysmal level of ignorance.
Idiot. Are you high or just being willfully stupid? If you don't know who these people are maybe you should find out before making up your mind, and definitely before posting about them and exposing your abysmal level of ignorance.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 3:20 pm
Listen to the Music

As for the sexual assaults......
I understand the reluctance to condemn, the assumption of innocence, the claim of fake news etc etc... but..
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's very probably a duck and claims that it's an elephant should be met with shaking heads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.