Trump Trump Trump

Old May 15th 2018, 11:25 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trump Trump Trump

Originally Posted by carcajou
You don't think comparing Trump to Pol Pot and howling about Jews is extremist thought?
I think that's quite harsh. Mind, elsewhere in the internet people are waiting for him to "go the full Caligula - marry his daughter, abolish elections, appoint a horse as secretary of state, eat a baby ..."
Old May 15th 2018, 3:36 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
You don't think comparing Trump to Pol Pot and howling about Jews is extremist thought?
I suspect that you may be deliberately avoiding the arguments I'm attempting, perhaps not very well, to make.

I definitely have not been 'howling about jews' simply making the self evident case that Trump has acted to attract support from the jewish diaspora. Current events should indicate the truth of the matter and I wonder for what reason you choose to think otherwise..

The Pol Pot, et al, argument goes a little deeper. It makes the case that there have always been leaders who have chosen to behave outside the norm. These people have been allowed to do what they do because they surround themselves with others who. for whatever reason, decide not to act against them. Trump has shown himself to be self serving and ruthless where he deems allegiance to himself to be questionable. The two are alike in thought and deed except with Pol Pot the phrase 'You're Fired' was just that. In a more authoritarian US, Trump might even now be rounding up 'illegals' with who know what results. I concede that I might be stretching a point, but at the moment it's only the US constitution that holds this man in check, his party isn't.

Last edited by dave_j; May 15th 2018 at 3:39 pm.
Old May 15th 2018, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
That's simply not true. The "liberal media"; the NY Times, The New Yorker, the Washington Post, the BBC criticise Trump in moderate terms every day. Even the Graun has run a number of articles suggesting that tearing up the Iran deal just because Obama negotiated it, without having anything to put in its place, is foolish. Foolish, not the world risking antics of a day glo halfwit, just foolish.

You do have to allow though that Trump is the exemplar of someone who plays golf; he's fat, he's old, he's badly dressed and he's dishonest; he lies about his strokes and his taxes and he lies to his wives. As any golfer, he's destroying the environment. His embrace of people of colour in America is that of the golfing clubhouse and, indeed, the Masters; they're welcome to cut the grass. When commenting on a narcissistic, nepotistic, misogynist carpetbagger such as Trump it risks inaccuracy to use language as moderate as one might use in describing reasonable people such as Ian Paisley, Marine Le Pen or Nigel Farage.
I am not sure I understand your post - are you being sarcastic? My sarcasm detector has gone down given that I now live in Canada where they seem oblivious to it.

The sheer volume of commentary by those august publications is absurd and the content, I'm afraid, no less so. See adjectives I listed above. As for the Graun... they are more shrill than the DM, aside from the likes of Harris and one or two others on a good day.

This is to say nothing about the comments on social media about Trump where absurdity ... n+1 (you get the drift) ... is, in my view, entirely accurate. I come back to the safe spaces and puppies, ffs. Just cos Trump got elected????

My opening comment on this thread was about Iran being foolish, as is the Jerusalem embassy thing. But American presidents have, certainly since the second world war, been pulling nonsense like this all the time. So I do not see Trump as anything to get excited about... he is an American president.
Old May 15th 2018, 7:42 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tumbling_Dice
I am not sure I understand your post - are you being sarcastic? My sarcasm detector has gone down given that I now live in Canada where they seem oblivious to it.

The sheer volume of commentary by those august publications is absurd and the content, I'm afraid, no less so. See adjectives I listed above. As for the Graun... they are more shrill than the DM, aside from the likes of Harris and one or two others on a good day.

This is to say nothing about the comments on social media about Trump where absurdity ... n+1 (you get the drift) ... is, in my view, entirely accurate. I come back to the safe spaces and puppies, ffs. Just cos Trump got elected????

My opening comment on this thread was about Iran being foolish, as is the Jerusalem embassy thing. But American presidents have, certainly since the second world war, been pulling nonsense like this all the time. So I do not see Trump as anything to get excited about... he is an American president.

My last sentence wasn't serious.

Moderate piece from the Gruaniad today: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ight-jerusalem I'd say this is typical. I don't see shrill pieces there but then I don't know what this puppies and safe space stuff is about either.
Old May 15th 2018, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
My last sentence wasn't serious.

Moderate piece from the Gruaniad today: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ight-jerusalem I'd say this is typical. I don't see shrill pieces there but then I don't know what this puppies and safe space stuff is about either.
I am pleased my sarky meter is still sort of working then.

The rest of it is a matter of opinion, on which I have opined sufficiently, I think. More pressing matters, such as what to have for tea, are weighing upon me.
Old May 16th 2018, 9:21 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Trump is about get played by Little Rocket Man.
Old May 16th 2018, 12:37 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I skimmed an article yesterday the precis of which is that the evangelical christians, the very people you'd think would despise Trump for multiple reasons, are strongly supportive, particularly of his move to destabilize the Middle East through the Jerusalem embassy move. Apparently that'll likely provoke armageddon shortly followed by the rapture so everything will be just ticktey-boo for them and the rest of us obviously are screwed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8352961.html

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; May 16th 2018 at 12:42 pm.
Old May 16th 2018, 6:28 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I skimmed an article yesterday the precis of which is that the evangelical christians, the very people you'd think would despise Trump for multiple reasons, are strongly supportive, particularly of his move to destabilize the Middle East through the Jerusalem embassy move. Apparently that'll likely provoke armageddon shortly followed by the rapture so everything will be just ticktey-boo for them and the rest of us obviously are screwed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8352961.html
It's a good example of how the hocus pocus of religion can have enormous real world impacts.
Old May 19th 2018, 3:10 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Disliking Trump I seldom see or hear him as I break out in a rash -but I saw him speaking about this latest school abomination (about which he will Do Nothing others than offer 'thoughts and prayers)!

What on earth has happened to his face his eyes have turned a completely different colour....he looks terrible, actually he looks just like a badger. Has this just recently happened?
Old May 22nd 2018, 4:32 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
He looks terrible, actually he looks just like a badger.
My name's Brock and.... yep, I'm a badger.
Now I know that I've got a bad name and that every farmer and his dog's been trying to convince you kind people that I'm infected with.. sorry, gotta cough and throw up a little.
Ah that's better.. now where was I?
Ah yes, you thought I looked like Trump. Well it's just not true!
If you look at Wikipedia you'll read that badgers "have rather short, wide bodies, with short legs for digging. They have elongated, weasel-like heads with small ears."
OK OK, I know that Trump has those as well, but let's be serious, it also says that us badgers "have black faces with distinctive white markings, grey bodies with a light-coloured stripe from head to tail, and dark legs with light-coloured underbellies".
Oh.. I see what you mean.
But here's something you might not know. Did you know that " The European badger is one of the largest; the American badger, the hog badger, and the honey badger are generally a little smaller and lighter." so Trump can't be a badger because as we all know, the american Trump won't allow himself to be smaller than any european equivalent.
But.. he does look like me after all...
Old Jul 17th 2018, 9:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ahem. Nobody?
Old Jul 17th 2018, 9:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 18th 2018, 1:50 pm
Oscar nominated

All is okay. He didn't not mean could or wouldn't or would but couldn't, he meant to not say something or other differently to the way he didn't not say it.

Or it could have been something else. Or not.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 2:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
All is okay. He didn't not mean could or wouldn't or would but couldn't, he meant to not say something or other differently to the way he didn't not say it.

Or it could have been something else. Or not.
He's a ****ing moron.
Old Oct 5th 2018, 8:30 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Another huge win for Trump is expected tomorrow #kavanaughconfirmation

The US unemployment rate is at a 48-year low
When does Trump stop winning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.