Trump Trump Trump

Old Sep 11th 2020, 12:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trump Trump Trump

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It's not so much an answer but this brief comment is an indication of the mindset. https://britishexpats.com/forum/take.../#post12908489
The poster, a well established RWNJ, is sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting "I can't see you". I don't think most voters are going to do that so, unless another Electoral College fluke saves Trump, a strategy of:

- disrupting the voting process (stopping mail in votes, disrupting the post office, hacking voting machines)
- intimidating voters at the polling stations
- calling "foul" on the election result by claiming victory on the day when only in-person votes have been counted
- refusing to leave office and calling for support from the armed forces

is going to be needed.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 12:36 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33

Still, nothing to be smug about, Boris Johnson, Brexit, it's not just the Americans who've lost their minds.
You're absolutely correct there. I genuinely cannot believe the idiots who support this moron, and there are plenty of them.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 2:27 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

He's not running on his record, his campaign acknowledges that the country is in a bad way and attributes that to Democrat Mayors and Governors and to the Chinese.

His pitch this time around is that he'll keep those frightening black people out of the suburbs. The argument requires that voters feel safe in their white enclaves, hence fomenting riots downtown and demonizing border crossers. It's a stance that would work better if the opposition was running Mike Tyson and not Kamala Harris backed by Michelle Obama, the very picture of desirable neighbours. It'd also work better if only white people voted.

I don't think he expects to win but he can't leave office or he'll go to jail for all those tax frauds so he has to de-legitimise the election, throw the country into chaos and hope that the military takes his side. I can't see it but you never know.

Still, nothing to be smug about, Boris Johnson, Brexit, it's not just the Americans who've lost their minds.
I have relatives who dont like to visit Seattle, they have a level of fear when they do, and this was before the whole city was destroyed by fire and roving mobs of terrorists. One described Seattle as an "abomination"; when you add this preexisting fear, on to what they think the protests are, rather than what they actually are, you have a high level of fear of what they are almost completely ignorant about. The cities are diverse, LGBT communities are open. It freaks them out, and they think Trump will continue to stomp it all out.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 3:13 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I've been wondering about Trump's election decision strategy.
One argument he puts forward is the need to declare a winner on election day.
Am I correct is assuming that Trump ceases to be president the day following the election if no winner is declared?
If so, is one of Trump's concerns that all legal arguments based claims of immunity as president disappear during this interregnum?
I'm also wondering whether there are queues of investigators outside offices of friendly judges waving indictments with the name Trump at the top.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 3:20 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I've been wondering about Trump's election decision strategy.
Am I correct is assuming that Trump ceases to be president the day following the election if no winner is declared?
If so, is one of Trump's concerns that all legal arguments based claims of immunity as president disappear during this interregnum?
I'm also wondering whether there are queues of investigators outside offices of friendly judges waving indictments with the name Trump at the top.
The handover doesnt happen until January
Old Sep 11th 2020, 3:25 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
The handover doesnt happen until January
Of course, thanks for helping put my head back on. It had obviously fallen off overnight.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 3:30 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

This is the only real reason Trump wants a second term. To time-bar the very many cases that he would otherwise face - the statute of limitations means that after 6 years the cases expire, i.e. during his second term. He could exit after a second term facing none of the cases that are waiting for him should he be kicked out in November. It's the only thing he cares about.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 3:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

He may want to do that because in-person votes are more likely to be Trump votes than mail-in votes. Of course, claiming to have won after Florida declares only works if you've won Florida.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 3:42 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I have relatives who dont like to visit Seattle, they have a level of fear when they do, and this was before the whole city was destroyed by fire and roving mobs of terrorists. One described Seattle as an "abomination"; when you add this preexisting fear, on to what they think the protests are, rather than what they actually are, you have a high level of fear of what they are almost completely ignorant about. The cities are diverse, LGBT communities are open. It freaks them out, and they think Trump will continue to stomp it all out.
I understand fear of certain cities. I'm nervous in Baltimore, New Orleans and even Jersey City. I'm scared all the time in East Saint Louis and in Gary. I find it odd, not frightening but odd, to be the only white person on a crowded train in St. Louis or Chicago. It's hard to fathom fear of diversity though, Seattle has lots of D-Fens Foster types, it's a defense industry hub, so however conservative you may be, there are others like you and there's no overwhelming majority of a single type of others.
Old Sep 12th 2020, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I simply can't fathom that any sane person could go into a voting booth and decide that Donald Trump is the kind of leader that the USA needs. It seemed madness to do so in 2016, it seems exponentially more mad do so again in 2020.

Please would a Trump supporter explain why?
Not a Trump supporter, quite liked Biden in his time as VP - although I do question his ability to be president this time round, which may cause an issue for him in the upcoming elections, I believe Trumps victory in 2016 wasn't so much about people wanting to Vote for Trump, but a lot of it was about people not wanting to vote for Hilary.

I believe that's why we've got Boris- in the UK in 2019 and the US in 2016 a lot of people didn't necessarily vote for who would be the best leader, they voted against the "enemy" and in some instances even those who would normally vote democrat or labour, chose not to because they didn't like the leader as they didn't want a pro war, anti middle east spokesperson representing them and their government (swap pro war and anti middle east, for pro IRA anti semitic/UK armed forces for the UK) as the media portrayed them.

Believe this may be Trumps tactic in the coming weeks, to make Biden look unsuitable to lead the opposition, so that some of those who may be democrat, don't want a democratic government led by Biden.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would anyone vote for Trump ?
Lets see.
Biden doesn’t know what day of the week it is, what state he is campaigning in and even got his missus and sister mixed up at one rally.
It’s elder abuse putting him up there.
He’s done f—k all for 47yrs In Gov, except become very rich from holding his position.
I can’t wait for the one on one debate with Trump, it’ll be Trump vs Chump.
Add to that, the amount of Democrats supporting the months of peaceful rioting & looting with no condemnation until this week when even CNN came out and said the polls are swinging towards Trump because of the troubles.
A lot of moderate Dems and independents are going to swing to the right when they look to see how far left the Dems are going.
This is going to be a big landslide victory for Trump.

Last edited by neilg14; Sep 13th 2020 at 9:53 am.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 10:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
Biden doesn’t know what day of the week it is, what state he is campaigning in and even got his missus and sister mixed up at one rally.
There's a far longer list with Trump and his endless gaffes though, for some reason Trump supporters conveniently forget about those. He has the vocabulary and knowledge of a 5 year old.

with no condemnation until this week
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-fa...-idUSKBN25V2O1
Old Sep 13th 2020, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There's a far longer list with Trump and his endless gaffes though, for some reason Trump supporters conveniently forget about those. He has the vocabulary and knowledge of a 5 year old.
Trump supporters will forget his issues, Biden supporters will forget his issues - its the impartials/those that may traditionally vote one way but don't like their current leader where this election will be lost. (as its not about winning votes, its about the other guy losing votes)

Old Sep 13th 2020, 12:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Why would anyone vote for Trump ?
Lets see.
It’s elder abuse putting him up there.
He’s done f—k all for 47yrs In Gov, except become very rich from holding his position.
I can’t wait for the one on one debate with Trump, it’ll be Trump vs Chump.
Add to that, the amount of Democrats supporting the months of peaceful rioting & looting with no condemnation until this week when even CNN came out and said the polls are swinging towards Trump because of the troubles.
A lot of moderate Dems and independents are going to swing to the right when they look to see how far left the Dems are going.
This is going to be a big landslide victory for Trump.

I don't think the attacking Biden approach really works as it invites comparison of the candidates and Trump is corrupt, a racist, a misogynist, probably a rapist and is mentally and physically unstable. Walking on ramps is too much for him now. Trump is also so camp he could work as a drag queen and shits himself routinely; hence the adult diapers. I would think he'd do well to avoid physical comparisons and, especially, drug tests.

They are, of course, both too old and that prompts comment on their stand-ins. Pence is a religionist beholden to the provisional wing of christianity. Harris seems a sensible sort, if a bit aggressive in pursuit of law and order. Trump, of course, has to stay in office until he dies so as to avoid jail no matter how unfit he becomes. Biden could step down if he became ill.

Biden has released his tax returns so we can at least see that he hasn't stolen from the government and hasn't put his children and their dreadful spouses on the government's dime.. If he had done absolutely nothing in government that would make him a better choice than Trump who's primary achievements have been to advance Russian foreign policy and to put children in cages. 200,000 Americans dead is, I suppose, also an achievement of sorts - many of them would be alive today if anyone else had been President.

Trump is, of course, stirring up trouble in the cities with, for example, his tear gassing in Lafayette Square and his credential-less goons deployed in Portland. Biden has consistently condemned the rioting.

The Democrats, even AOC, are so far left that, in the UK, they'd be wet tories so, in Canada, that demonization should only work on Albertans, aren't you English?
Old Sep 14th 2020, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the attacking Biden approach really works as it invites comparison of the candidates and Trump is corrupt, a racist, a misogynist, probably a rapist and is mentally and physically unstable. Walking on ramps is too much for him now. Trump is also so camp he could work as a drag queen and shits himself routinely; hence the adult diapers. I would think he'd do well to avoid physical comparisons and, especially, drug tests.

They are, of course, both too old and that prompts comment on their stand-ins. Pence is a religionist beholden to the provisional wing of christianity. Harris seems a sensible sort, if a bit aggressive in pursuit of law and order. Trump, of course, has to stay in office until he dies so as to avoid jail no matter how unfit he becomes. Biden could step down if he became ill.

Biden has released his tax returns so we can at least see that he hasn't stolen from the government and hasn't put his children and their dreadful spouses on the government's dime.. If he had done absolutely nothing in government that would make him a better choice than Trump who's primary achievements have been to advance Russian foreign policy and to put children in cages. 200,000 Americans dead is, I suppose, also an achievement of sorts - many of them would be alive today if anyone else had been President.

Trump is, of course, stirring up trouble in the cities with, for example, his tear gassing in Lafayette Square and his credential-less goons deployed in Portland. Biden has consistently condemned the rioting.

The Democrats, even AOC, are so far left that, in the UK, they'd be wet tories so, in Canada, that demonization should only work on Albertans, aren't you English?
Hilarious, so Biden wasn’t corrupt in China when he took his son with him and son comes back with $1.2B for his company or the same son after Biden visits Ukraine gets a top job on the board of an oil company for $89K/mth, that was being investigated for corruption.
Then Biden holds back money for Ukraine until the investigator has been fired, and goes on TV bragging about it.
And the bloke is creepy as hell, always touching and kissing children, smelling women & childrens hair and talking about children touching his hairy legs and in the same breath learning about cockroaches.
Obama & Biden started the locking up of children btw.
Harris is another left lunatic, slept her way to the Prosecutors office and then went crazy locking people up, particulary blacks for minor crimes.
She says this week on MSNBC, ‘the riots and looting are not going to stop and nor should they.’
These BLM & Antifa terrorists need more than a drop of teargas, they need to be stopped by any means necessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.