Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Trudeau lies about effectiveness of vaccination in Britai

Trudeau lies about effectiveness of vaccination in Britai

Old Jul 1st 2021, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trudeau lies about effectiveness of vaccination in Britai

Originally Posted by Siouxie
YAWN.

Yes, the UK faced a serious 3rd wave (and now a 4th) - so what you wrote is blatently untrue.
I agree with the “Yawn”. UK did not face the third wave at the time when when Trudeau’s BS statement was made (months ago). It is facing it now. Even though second vaccine uptake is still low, the number of people in the hospitals is low. Vaccination is working. Trudeau’s attempt to deflect was based on a lie.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 5:53 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mordko
I agree with the “Yawn”. UK did not face the third wave at the time when when Trudeau’s BS statement was made (months ago).
Yes it did. People posted a ton of links to it. Why not just apologise for your error and we can stop yawning.

All that twisting can't be good for your back.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the “Yawn”. UK did not face the third wave at the time when when Trudeau’s BS statement was made (months ago). It is facing it now. Even though second vaccine uptake is still low, the number of people in the hospitals is low. Vaccination is working. Trudeau’s attempt to deflect was based on a lie.
Oh Lord, do you still not believe that Trudeau did NOT lie.

I have friends and family in England that suffered through that blasted 3rd and 4th wave, never leaving home because of restrictions.
Old Jul 4th 2021, 12:10 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yes it did. People posted a ton of links to it. Why not just apologise for your error and we can stop yawning.

All that twisting can't be good for your back.

YAWN.......... are you really so dismissive of the facts?
Old Jul 18th 2021, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

YAWN.......... are you really so dismissive of the facts?
Because they don't fit the 'facts' the poster believes in...

Old Jul 28th 2021, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute

Debates on April 13, 2021.

Question: “How many Canadian have been infected with Covid 19 because of this government’s slow and confused rollout of vaccines?”

Trudeau’s answer: “It’s really important that we work from facts. We know for example that UK is ahead of everyone else on vaccines and yet they maintain very strong restrictions and are facing the third wave. Vaccinations on their own are not enough to keep us safe…” Followed by another deflection about “conservatives”.

Fact 1: Trudeau did not answer the question.

Fact 2: "To face" = "To have a problem". In mid-April there was no information about the Delta variant. The number of cases did not start to creep up until June. At the time of Trudeau's answer Britain was seeing a massive reduction in cases due to rapid rollout of vaccination. Would Trudeau be considered honest had he responded with: "UK is facing a market crash"? Nope. Yes, there will be a market crash in the UK at some point. But it's irrelevant and a lot of things will happen first.

But Trudeau isn't just deflecting. Crucially, when asked about the damage from delaying vaccination, Trudeau is effectively saying that vaccines make no difference. That's a harmful lie. They really do and we are seeing the massive difference vaccines make both the the number of cases among the vaccinated (even for the new variant) and to the consequences of contracting Covid-19.

So, I am sorry; I realize this seems to upset you (for whatever reason) but the fact is that earlier vaccination would have reduced the number of cases dramatically and opened up the economy earlier. And Trudeau lied in his response.

And it wasn't an accident. Trudeau still does not grasp the benefits of vaccination. Federal government should have introduced a vaccine passport. It's basic common sense. Only by officially shunning those in society who choose to put everyone else at risk will this thing ultimately be defeated. Britain has a vaccine passport. Europe. Australia. New Zealand. Canada desperately needs one; more so than others given what's happening south of the border. The fact Federal government is doing sweet f all about it while passing the buck to the provinces is causing more harm.

Last edited by Mordko; Jul 28th 2021 at 9:02 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 9:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't you run out of spades yet? That's a mighty deep hole you've dug.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 12:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Debates on April 13, 2021.

Question: “How many Canadian have been infected with Covid 19 because of this government’s slow and confused rollout of vaccines?”

Trudeau’s answer: “It’s really important that we work from facts. We know for example that UK is ahead of everyone else on vaccines and yet they maintain very strong restrictions and are facing the third wave. Vaccinations on their own are not enough to keep us safe…” Followed by another deflection about “conservatives”.

Fact 1: Trudeau did not answer the question.

Fact 2: "To face" = "To have a problem". In mid-April there was no information about the Delta variant. The number of cases did not start to creep up until June. At the time of Trudeau's answer Britain was seeing a massive reduction in cases due to rapid rollout of vaccination. Would Trudeau be considered honest had he responded with: "UK is facing a market crash"? Nope. Yes, there will be a market crash in the UK at some point. But it's irrelevant and a lot of things will happen first.

But Trudeau isn't just deflecting. Crucially, when asked about the damage from delaying vaccination, Trudeau is effectively saying that vaccines make no difference. That's a harmful lie. They really do and we are seeing the massive difference vaccines make both the the number of cases among the vaccinated (even for the new variant) and to the consequences of contracting Covid-19.

So, I am sorry; I realize this seems to upset you (for whatever reason) but the fact is that earlier vaccination would have reduced the number of cases dramatically and opened up the economy earlier. And Trudeau lied in his response.

And it wasn't an accident. Trudeau still does not grasp the benefits of vaccination. Federal government should have introduced a vaccine passport. It's basic common sense. Only by officially shunning those in society who choose to put everyone else at risk will this thing ultimately be defeated. Britain has a vaccine passport. Europe. Australia. New Zealand. Canada desperately needs one; more so than others given what's happening south of the border. The fact Federal government is doing sweet f all about it while passing the buck to the provinces is causing more harm.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FAKE NEWS

This is getting tedious and boring in the extreme.

Perhaps return to the UK if you despise the leadership and country so much.. why did you come to Canada in the first place - presuming you are actually here now?
Old Aug 5th 2021, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FAKE NEWS

This is getting tedious and boring in the extreme.

Perhaps return to the UK if you despise the leadership and country so much.. why did you come to Canada in the first place - presuming you are actually here now?
Perhaps I can decide where to live without you telling me where I should go? How is the reason for me coming to Canada relevant here? I came because I was offered a job and it was a great opportunity. I am in Canada which happens to be a free country where we are permitted to criticize our dear “leadership”. Hope that’s alright with you. Alternatively, you can try North Korea. Sorry, if simple facts cause you so much pain that you engage in personal attacks which are irrelevant to the subject being discussed.

Last edited by Mordko; Aug 5th 2021 at 2:18 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 1:58 am
Banned

Perhaps I can decide where to live without you telling me where I should go? How is the reason for me coming to Canada relevant here? I came because I was offered a job and it was a great opportunity. I am in Canada which happens to be a free country where we are permitted to criticize our dear “leadership”. Hope that’s alright with you. Alternatively, you can try North Korea. Sorry, if simple facts cause you so much pain that you engage in personal attacks which are irrelevant to the subject being discussed.

No personal attack was made. I asked a question and suggested if you were/are truly unhappy in Canada and with the current leadership perhaps you would be happier returning to the UK or where-ever.

Old Aug 11th 2021, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

No personal attack was made. I asked a question and suggested if you were/are truly unhappy in Canada and with the current leadership perhaps you would be happier returning to the UK or where-ever.
Telling someone to get out of the country for criticizing the government is a personal attack.

Governments change. In a democratic country a good time to “advise” someone to leave because they are criticizing the PM is… Literally “never”.

Last edited by Mordko; Aug 11th 2021 at 2:26 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 2:38 pm
Banned

Telling someone to get out of the country for criticizing the government is a personal attack.

Governments change. In a democratic country a good time to “advise” someone to leave because they are criticizing the PM is… Literally “never”.
I repeat. I did NOT tell you to get out of the country... I wondered if you would be happier elsewhere, that was all! You are reading into my comment something that isn't there.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perhaps return to the UK if you despise the leadership and country so much.”

That’s what I am reading. Irrelevant to the topic. Nonsensical in a democratic country. Personal. And nasty. Not ok.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 4:13 pm
Oscar nominated

Personal. And nasty. Not ok.
Those are words better directed at someone making false allegations.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't understand why the OP is being given such a hard time about this post. Yes, since he made the post, cases in the UK have risen, but at the time of the post and Trudeau's comments cases in the UK were about as low as they had been and didn't start to rise for over a month after the comments were made, The UK government were, understandably, somewhat aggrieved by the statement and I am forced to wonder whether this has something to do with why Canada is being ignored as the UK opens up to travel from other countries. Here is a link to an article in The Independent at the time of the statement.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/justin-t...G0dnVC8EwkmRZi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.