Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Trudeau lies about effectiveness of vaccination in Britai

Trudeau lies about effectiveness of vaccination in Britai

Old Apr 17th 2021, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trudeau lies about effectiveness of vaccination in Britai

Originally Posted by Mordko
Perhaps its a language issue. When I read “UK faces third wave” and look at numbers, I see a blatant lie.

When I read “Canada faces third wave”, I see fact. Trudeau may have confused UK and Canada. So not a lie. Geographic misunderstanding. Can happen to anyone.
When you face something, it's usually in front of you.

Meanwhile -

Old Apr 17th 2021, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
When you face something, it's usually in front of you.
Did you complain to the Times? https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...wave-g5cbkxjbj

Trudeau himself seems to think “Canada faces third wave”. https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/ameri...ave/index.html

Old Apr 17th 2021, 2:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Did you complain to the Times?
That's interesting you mention the Times. You might recall that when you started this nonsense I posted a link to a Times report about that third wave that you call a lie. There have been several reports about the UK facing a third wave also in the Times.

Have you complained to them?
Old Apr 17th 2021, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute

Lets cut the sophistry and demagoguery, please. Here is what actually happened:

1. Canada screwed up vaccine rollout. Our numbers are now much worse than in Britain and the healthcare system isn’t coping. The economy has been shut down yet again.

2. UK made lots of mistakes early on but got the vaccine rollout right. Their Covid numbers are down, the economy has reopened, people are getting haircuts and are going to the pubs.

3. Anything can happen. New variants could develop. Britain might yet screw up the second set of jabs. Meanwhile vaccination has been proven to be a massive success, if rolled out efficiently. Israel has opened up, after a huge wave. The numbers are right down. Britain is next.

4. When asked about Canadian rollout problems, Canadian Prime Minister in Canada said “Britain vaccinated but is facing a third wave”.

Yes, its a lie. Or spin/demagoguery/deflection if you prefer.
Old Apr 17th 2021, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Canada screwed up vaccine rollout. Our numbers are now much worse than in Britain and the healthcare system isn’t coping. The economy has been shut down yet again.

2. UK made lots of mistakes early on but got the vaccine rollout right. Their Covid numbers are down, the economy has reopened, people are getting haircuts and are going to the pubs.

3. Anything can happen. New variants could develop. Britain might yet screw up the second set of jabs. Meanwhile vaccination has been proven to be a massive success, if rolled out efficiently. Israel has opened up, after a huge wave. The numbers are right down. Britain is next.

4. When asked about Canadian rollout problems, Canadian Prime Minister in Canada said “Britain vaccinated but is facing a third wave”.

Better idea, forget the semantics.
Old Apr 17th 2021, 4:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

But it's not what he said is it. You are paraphrasing for your anti-Trudeau agenda. As I said earlier and quoted from your link, what Trudeau said was
“Vaccinations on their own are not enough to keep us safe.”
and
“More contagious and dangerous variants are spreading and threatening the progress we’ve made,”
Neither of those two statements is a lie and saying the UK could still face a third wave is repeating what very many UK experts have been saying in very many UK media sources.

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

You mean, 'here's my spin on what happened'...

I'm going to try and keep this simple.

The Canada vaccine rollout isn't great, the UK's rollout is better. There are reasons for that.

1a. There are multiple vaccine production sites in the UK.
1b. The UK is geographically smaller than Canada, and consider that the UK would fit inside Ontario 4 times.
1c. The UK has much better transport links.
1d. The UK is more densely populated than most of Canada.

It's not surprising there are issue with getting Canadians vaccinated, and it's not all down to the Canadian government.

You're suffering from a common misperception.

England has reopened pubs, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland haven't. Each of those set their own lockdown dates, restrictions and reopening schedule because health is a devolved matter. When the UK government issues statements regarding lockdowns, they are actually only speaking for England, which should be made clearer by those reporting it.

Israel also had a big lockdown to bring the numbers down. But they're also lagging behind in vaccinating anyone who isn't Israeli. There is a large Arab population in Israel who are apparently facing difficulty in getting vaccinated.

And the UK government is currently facing a choice as to whether to keep up the rate of 1st vaccinations and delay 2nd vaccinations past the recommended 12-week maximum between shots, or to delay the 1st vaccinations for those down the list in favour of keeping to the 2nd dose schedule for priority groups. They can't do both.

I believe Trudeau was trying to make the point that even countries with high vaccination rates still have to be careful.

I'm not sure what it is, but as someone living in the UK, at high risk of hospitalisation if I catch Covid, and working in retail, I make myself very aware of the facts and the potential for an future wave.
Old May 16th 2021, 9:28 am
Oscar nominated

One month on...same warnings being expressed

Johnson ‘must think again on plans to relax Covid rules’ Top adviser warns of India variant impact as scientists urge delay in lockdown changes
Boris Johnson was under mounting pressure on Saturday to reconsider Monday’s relaxation of Covid rules in England because of the threat posed by the India variant. His own advisers and independent health experts raised fears that it could lead to a surge in hospital admissions, especially among young adults....there are fears the new India variant could trigger a third wave
India variant could lead to serious third wave of Covid in UK
Analysis: If B.1.617.2 proves highly transmissible, hospitalisations could peak again, models show
I think the OP owes Mr T an apology.
Old May 16th 2021, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
There is a large Arab population in Israel who are apparently facing difficulty in getting vaccinated.
This is completely and utterly false. Certain groups of Israelis, including Arabs and ultra orthodox Jews were more reluctant than others to vaccinate. Israeli government encouraged them to vaccinate by various means of “incentivization” (bribes and the green pass system).
Old May 16th 2021, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think the OP owes Mr T an apology.”

Not at all. Trudeau lied about effectiveness of vaccination in Britain to cover up his own failures. Risks exist for sure but British vaccination has been tremendously successful and saying oh, it does not matter that we lag because it does not change anything when asked a question about his own country = lie.
Old May 16th 2021, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

This is completely and utterly false. Certain groups of Israelis, including Arabs and ultra orthodox Jews were more reluctant than others to vaccinate. Israeli government encouraged them to vaccinate by various means of “incentivization” (bribes and the green pass system).
I did say apparently, according to the sources I was reading at the time.

Now, how about letting the Palestinians get the vaccines Israel won't be using..
Old May 16th 2021, 4:38 pm
Oscar nominated

I think the OP owes Mr T an apology.”

Not at all. Trudeau lied about effectiveness of vaccination in Britain to cover up his own failures..
I see you are wriggling again. Your thread title speaks for itself. Your first post included an article in which Trudeau said the UK faced a third wave and was still applying restrictions, which they were. It was pointed out to you that dozens of media sources and UK experts and officials were all saying the same thing and I just showed how they are still saying the same thing.

And you're still wriggling. Just apologise like an honourable person would.
Old May 17th 2021, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Canada does seem to be catching up vaccine wise, I hear that in some provinces they are now doing 18 year olds and over.
Old May 17th 2021, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Canada does seem to be catching up vaccine wise, I hear that in some provinces they are now doing 18 year olds and over.
Unlike Matt Gaetz, allegedly...
Old May 17th 2021, 12:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Newfoundland opened the booking portal for vaccines to 12 and over today. Appointments are booking a month out at this stage but I'll take that for my 12 year old.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.