Trudeau

Old Sep 18th 2019, 7:44 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trudeau

Spot on.
Old Sep 18th 2019, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Spot on.
Yup!
Old Sep 18th 2019, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I once wore a sombrero and a droopy moustache-am i ashamed or embarrassed? NO. It was a party, it was fun.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 12:34 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
The National Council of Canadian Muslims responded angrily to the report.

Executive director Mustafa Farooq said: "Seeing the prime minister in brownface/blackface is deeply saddening. The wearing of blackface/brownface is reprehensible, and hearkens back to a history of racism and an Orientalist mythology which is unacceptable.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49749851
The brown faced masses in this room, some of them mat wielding, overtly praying, Muslims, giggled at this but then "Mind Your Language" is remembered fondly in this crowd. People who have a lot of real causes to be offended seem able to draw a line.

Trudeau's a twat but it's not worse to dress up as an Arab than in a wedding dress in India.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 2:01 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
The brown faced masses in this room, some of them mat wielding, overtly praying, Muslims, giggled at this but then "Mind Your Language" is remembered fondly in this crowd. People who have a lot of real causes to be offended seem able to draw a line.

Trudeau's a twat but it's not worse to dress up as an Arab than in a wedding dress in India.
Quite. Dressing up as an Aladdin character for a themed end-of-year revue (FFS, though, why would a presumably overwhelmingly white school administration decide to to "Arabian Nights" as a revue theme) is stupid, insensitive and inexcusable. It speaks to pretty poor judgement: sure, if this was the 2001 yearbook one imagines the party had been in May or June of that year, before the 9/11 attacks and all the anti-brown-people sentiment that erupted thereafter. But, as he has said to journalists in the 18 hours or so since this story broke, he should have known better, and shouldn't have worn brown-face makeup. It's not the costume that offends (although there's still a great deal of debate about "cultural appropriation," no sensible person would be offended by this costume worn in the context of a themed event), it's the makeup that is clearly wrong.

Compare this with some of the allegations against others, though (I'm thinking particularly about Brett Kavanaugh) and it pales into insignificance - if you'll excuse the insensitivity of that pun. Trudeau has not sexually assaulted anyone here, hasn't got his pecker out in public (thank the gods) and seems to have owned his error of judgement and apologized for it.

I have a feeling it won't move the needle much in the election campaign.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 2:07 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
I once wore a sombrero and a droopy moustache-am i ashamed or embarrassed? NO. It was a party, it was fun.
You should be ashamed.

With the right preparation you could have grown the mustache and sported it for months.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 2:08 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
What offends me the most is all the time he spends in white face.
I'm waiting for the pig f**king ritual allegations to come out!
Old Sep 19th 2019, 2:11 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

"Wrong" by today's standards, but not necessarily by the standards of 2001. I remember people doing that kind of thing, and most people just viewed it as a bit of fun or a bit weird, but not overtly racist. Not even sure if Justin needed to apologise so seriously, he could have just laughed it off as Donald or Boris would.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 2:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

and black...

Old Sep 19th 2019, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JamesM
You should be ashamed.

With the right preparation you could have grown the mustache and sported it for months.
LOL. Not into steroids I'm delighted to say.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 2:36 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica

"Wrong" by today's standards, but not necessarily by the standards of 2001. I remember people doing that kind of thing, and most people just viewed it as a bit of fun or a bit weird, but not overtly racist. Not even sure if Justin needed to apologise so seriously, he could have just laughed it off as Donald or Boris would.

Exactly. I once put on heavy makeup and wore an off the shoulder dress and a rose in my hair - for a fancy dress party --- but apparently that's no longer allowed as it's 'cultural appropriation'... there was nothing bloomin racist about it, it was a bit of fun - no different than dressing up as a vampire... I've also draped myself in scarves to resemble arabian nights for parties - oh can we no longer dress in a bellydancing costume for fear of upsetting some eejit??? !!!

What a load of old bollocks... has everyone lost their haha??

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 19th 2019 at 2:40 am.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 3:27 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

"Wrong" by today's standards, but not necessarily by the standards of 2001.
Well isn't that a slippery slope.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 3:40 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of the Arab states or Jamaica threatened to close their embassies here because of this blatant cultural appropriation?
Old Sep 19th 2019, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

It’s a pretty gormless attention seeking thing to have done any time. At least the photo means he couldnt try the initial “I don’t recall any negative interactions that day” line.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-case-reporter
He was 28 or 29 at the time of these incidents.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 4:25 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
It’s a pretty gormless attention seeking thing to have done any time.
Attention seeking to dress up in costume at a costume party? Surely that would be going in plain clothes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.