Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

transport calgary 2 edmonton

transport calgary 2 edmonton

Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future
Default transport calgary 2 edmonton

hi all.. whats the best way 2 get from calgary airport 2 edmonton with luggage & 2 kids, one way car hire is a bit pricey.. thanks chris
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:18 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: transport calgary 2 edmonton

Originally Posted by chris kim
hi all.. whats the best way 2 get from calgary airport 2 edmonton with luggage & 2 kids, one way car hire is a bit pricey.. thanks chris
Have you considered the possibility of a connecting flight, although with two adults and two kids one way to Edmonton it's likely cheaper to rent the car.

Otherwise your only other options are Greyhound bus or Red Arrow bus neither one of those is an option I would want to choose with two kids after an eight hour flight.

I would have to say, it may be pricey but bite the bullet and rent the car.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I would have to say, it may be pricey but bite the bullet and rent the car.
I'd have to agree - it's a three hour drive on THE most boring road - but it's quick and efficient and any other option involving children and luggage is likely to involve way more time and stress and just not be worth the hassle, compared to a one-off drop off fee for the car.

Out of interest, what is the drop-off fee ? I'm paying about £25 for a Heathrow/Gatwick combination next week.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by ann m
I'd have to agree - it's a three hour drive on THE most boring road - but it's quick and efficient and any other option involving children and luggage is likely to involve way more time and stress and just not be worth the hassle, compared to a one-off drop off fee for the car.

Out of interest, what is the drop-off fee ? I'm paying about £25 for a Heathrow/Gatwick combination next week.
S'not the most boring, you just have to take time to look at and enjoy your surroundings.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Well OK - Jasper to Edmonton is pretty awful - it goes on forever and as soon as you lose the mountains, you lose the will to live

Calgary to Drumheller is pretty awful too - I guess just flat prairie land doesn't float my boat.

Gasoline Alley is quite interesting I suppose
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:23 pm

Well OK - Jasper to Edmonton is pretty awful - it goes on forever and as soon as you lose the mountains, you lose the will to live

Calgary to Drumheller is pretty awful too - I guess just flat prairie land doesn't float my boat.

Gasoline Alley is quite interesting I suppose
I'd far rather have something to look at in near and far distance than just nothing but bl**dy 100 foot plus pine, fir and spruce trees lining the road like in B.C.

I've become a true Alberta boy, I like my blue skies and wide vistas.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:34 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest the Red Arrow.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I would suggest the Red Arrow.
But in order to catch the Red Arrow bus you have to get a cab to some industrial area in NE Calgary that is not really anywhere close to the airport terminal or take a cab downtown.

See the attached Google map.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:27 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have to agree - it's a three hour drive on THE most boring road - .
WRONG
Try Jasper to Edmonton
Calgary to Med Hat.
Fargo to Minot (North Dakota)
Regina to Swift Current
ALL way more boring
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
WRONG
Try Jasper to Edmonton
Yep - I did later quote that one - quite awful. I'll pass on the others you "suggested"
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:53 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - I did later quote that one - quite awful. I'll pass on the others you "suggested"
Oh come on Live Dangerously
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chris kim
I've got FOC 1 way drop off from Calgary to Edmonton at www.carrentalsite.com - the quote was the best as well.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsara
I've got FOC 1 way drop off from Calgary to Edmonton at www.carrentalsite.com - the quote was the best as well.
Scottandsara

Hi!

What is happening? Are you finally coming over?

Gryph
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:55 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

mmmm will admit Calgary to Drum is a tad tedious! However Drum to Rocky Mountain House wasn't the best (Three Hills, Red Deer way tho I also like Gasoline Alley probably cos the name reminds me of the Hollies song)

However Mr MMC went a different route on his way back up there yesterday - went Sundry, Caroline way and said it was much more interesting with nicer scenery.

Steve you old prarie dog you!!!!!!! Sometimes driving across here reminds me of those bad dreams where you seem to be on a long straight road and never actually get anywhere.

Wait did I say that was a dream

In answer to the ops question I join the hire a car gang, you will be glad you did!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
Scottandsara

Hi!

What is happening? Are you finally coming over?

Gryph
Hi Gryph,

Yep. We're coming on 8th August - we got another job, and then a standard lmo in 6 weeks (after the 10 month wait last time!!!!). Funny how things work out, huh?

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.