Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toronto Raptors- NBA Finals

The Toronto Raptors- NBA Finals

Old Jun 17th 2019, 8:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Toronto Raptors- NBA Finals

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
2 stabbings too. 1 life threatening, 1 not, both taken to hospital.

The crowds were incredible, city closed down all day. Drake’s 767 was flying around the city.
Old Jun 17th 2019, 11:59 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
2 stabbings too. 1 life threatening, 1 not, both taken to hospital.

The crowds were incredible, city closed down all day. Drake’s 767 was flying around the city.
I was up in Markham all day.

The traffic was unusually light. With the parade and presentation running hours behind I expected a tonne of traffic but got home in the quickest time ever.

The violence isn't good but Toronto has a gun problem and with that many people out there was always going to be an idiot who was "tooled" up.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 12:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I was up in Markham all day.

The traffic was unusually light. With the parade and presentation running hours behind I expected a tonne of traffic but got home in the quickest time ever.

The violence isn't good but Toronto has a gun problem and with that many people out there was always going to be an idiot who was "tooled" up.
I haven’t been in town today. Even if I was , nothing would make me wait around for hours and hours. Fortunately it didn’t rain and it wasn’t hot.

Traffic/shops in Etobicoke were very quiet. I think almost all of Toronto must have been in town for the parade.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 1:02 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

It would seem that the length of time of the parade was woefully underestimated. We did hang around for a few hours, until the busses turned up. Yes, slightly nuts, but we felt that this was something that you're not that likely to see again for a while. The stabbing and shooting, well, they're unfortunately expected given the morons who think carrying a knife or gun is an ok thing to do. Given the massive number of people, I had actually expected more incidents.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 1:08 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

World champions lol. It’s only played in USA and a town just x the border !! They NBA champions not world

Does this mean Man City are world championships too
Old Jun 18th 2019, 1:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by magnumpi
World champions lol. It’s only played in USA and a town just x the border !! They NBA champions not world

It is so annoying. Smacks of the US news and sports commentators who say America is the best at everything under the sun. Politics/education/sports/healthcare etc etc etc
Old Jun 18th 2019, 5:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you're saying but why Man City? Europe is top continent for footie, so that would make it Liverpool.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:35 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I know what you're saying but why Man City? Europe is top continent for footie, so that would make it Liverpool.
Yes you are correct. Champions League is like the play-offs of all the top leagues so Liverpool are now crowned best team in the world
Old Jun 21st 2019, 10:19 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Basketball is widely played all over the world. I don't think there is another "club" team that could beat the Raptors. Therefor in this case it holds true.

City aren't world champions. The mighty Tottenham Hotspur knocked them out of the Champions League!