British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   The Toronto Raptors- NBA Finals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/toronto-raptors-nba-finals-925632/)

JamesM Jun 11th 2019 1:21 am

The Toronto Raptors- NBA Finals

It's been a while since I started a thread. That probably goes some way to explain the lack of excitement or intellectual stimulus down the forum at the moment. :p

Anyway who is watching the BasketBall tonight and can the Raptors get it done??? It could be a sleepless night in my neighbourhood with the obsessive car horn honking if they do win?

Did you make it to your local Hooters to watch the game?

Jerseygirl Jun 11th 2019 1:25 am

Re: The Toronto Raptors- NBA Finals

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12696277)
It's been a while since I started a thread. That probably goes some way to explain the lack of excitement or intellectual stimulus down the forum at the moment. :p

Anyway who is watching the BasketBall tonight and can the Raptors get it done??? It could be a sleepless night in my neighbourhood with the obsessive car horn honking if they do win?

Did you make it to your local Hooters to watch the game?

No prizes for guessing where you are then? :lol:

Not watching but following the score. I hope the Raptors wrap it up tonight. I would love to see them beat a US team in the finals.

We were discussing whether both teams agree to spread it out over 6 to 7 games, in order to get more $$$$ in revenue. :unsure:

JamesM Jun 11th 2019 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12696278)
No prizes for guessing where you are then? :lol:

Not watching but following the score. I hope the Raptors wrap it up tonight. I would love to see them beat a US team in the finals.

We were discussing whether both teams agree to spread it out over 6 to 7 games, in order to get more $$$$ in revenue. :unsure:

It's certainly generating a lot of advertising revenue for TSN and Sportsnet.

If the Raptors don't win tonight they may be in trouble. Kevin Durant will only get stronger now he is back in the Warriors team and I believe they head back to the Golden State for the next one.

That being said a game 7 in Toronto on Sunday would be mental. It sucks having a final on a Monday.

Too many work meetings tomorrow for me to be at Hooters tonight I'm afraid.

Are you in town at the moment?

JamesM Jun 11th 2019 1:47 am

Novocastrian was a bit of a fan if I remember correctly. He is probably in bed now though!

Jerseygirl Jun 11th 2019 1:58 am

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12696281)
It's certainly generating a lot of advertising revenue for TSN and Sportsnet.

If the Raptors don't win tonight they may be in trouble. Kevin Durant will only get stronger now he is back in the Warriors team and I believe they head back to the Golden State for the next one.

That being said a game 7 in Toronto on Sunday would be mental. It sucks having a final on a Monday.

Too many work meetings tomorrow for me to be at Hooters tonight I'm afraid.

Are you in town at the moment?

I agree, they need to win tonight.:fingerscrossed:

We are at the house down. If it goes to game 7 in town we will go to the condo.

JamesM Jun 11th 2019 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12696284)
I agree, they need to win tonight.:fingerscrossed:

We are at the house down on Humber Bay. If it goes to game 7 in town we will go to the condo.

Crunch time!

Looks like they bought Durant back too early. He's done now till next season I suspect.

scrubbedexpat091 Jun 11th 2019 3:12 am

I didn't even know Canada had a NBA team lol

Yeah I don't follow sports at all.

Jerseygirl Jun 11th 2019 3:38 am

Spoiler:
Shit!! Unbelievable

Oink Jun 11th 2019 8:48 am

A good excuse to to get naffed up midweek.

BristolUK Jun 11th 2019 1:46 pm

I saw a little bit on TV. Looked like the crowd were cheering an injury to a US team player with a couple of the Raptors players gesturing in a "hey, come on" sort of way.

Not very sporting on the fans' part.

Jerseygirl Jun 11th 2019 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12696509)
I saw a little bit on TV. Looked like the crowd were cheering an injury to a US team player with a couple of the Raptors players gesturing in a "hey, come on" sort of way.

Not very sporting on the fans' part.

They came in for a lot of criticism after the game was over and rightly so.

sharkus Jun 11th 2019 5:05 pm

I really hope KD hasn't caused himself career ending damage by playing in the game. It was bang out of order to cheer when he went out, but hey, quite a lot of sports fans are not the brightest lights in the world.

The last few conference games, and this championship run are the most basketball I've watched, and so my knowledge is limited, but for me it seemed as though the Raptors were just trying too damn hard to get 3 pointers. They should have just tried for 1 and two pointers. No idea why their coach / manger wasn't telling them to do this. I think this is really evidenced in the last minute of play, if they had tried for a 1 or 2 instead of the three, they could have won.

It was all very subdued last night downtown, unlike Friday night where there was a heck of a lot of noise.

While a win at home would have been great, I would like to see the raptors beat the warriors in oakland. Will it happen? maybe. Something does however tell me that it'll go to game 7 for a proper showdown.

Novocastrian Jun 11th 2019 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12696282)
Novocastrian was a bit of a fan if I remember correctly. He is probably in bed now though!

Out of luck there mate. Alive and well in France at the mo. Actually I was just about to post on Bristol's "Hug" thread that you spend at least £65 pounds every night at Hookers Hooters for a hug or more.

I read that KD may have ripped an achilles in game 5, probably fake news like pretty much everything these days.

magnumpi Jun 11th 2019 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12696604)
Out of luck there mate. Alive and well in France at the mo. Actually I was just about to post on Bristol's "Hug" thread that you spend at least £65 pounds every night at Hookers Hooters for a hug or more.

I read that KD may have ripped an achilles in game 5, probably fake news like pretty much everything these days.

he did, he was out for the 4 games previous and they sort of convince him to play, he was doing great, for them, and made a difference before his incident

scans today say say he be out for a year now

Jerseygirl Jun 12th 2019 9:10 pm

2 Attachment(s)
Found this creature wandering outside the stadium in Toronto. Sorry it’s a bit blurry, the original is OK. :(