Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toronto Pan-Am games thread

The Toronto Pan-Am games thread

Old Jun 9th 2015, 4:43 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Toronto Pan-Am games thread

Depends on the women's volleyball teams.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:39 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Depends on the women's volleyball teams.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 2:38 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

As good a reason as any I guess.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 4:40 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently you cannot purchase tickets for just women or just men's volleyball. You just purchase them for volleyball. One presumes you then get to decide which one to see at the event itself.

We were discussing the commute impact at work. Someone referenced the official trip planner thing: https://www.2015gamestripplanner.ca

I thought I'd use it and see what options it presents me with. Start position was Oakville GO, end was Exhibition Stadium. The route? oh, it told me to get on a bus to islington TTC, then take that somewhere, then take another bus.

I then decided, ok, let me set the destination to Exhibition GO Station. Same result.

Umm, what about the GO Train, you know, the same one I use every weekday to commute to and from the same locations specified.

I did wonder if it was perhaps their idea of getting people to NOT use GO trains for commuting. Then I read GO's release about how they are adding in more trains. Really? Well the schedule they reference does not seem to indicate any difference, unless it's only from Union to Exhibition, which is no use to me at all.

** edit **
Just tried the trip planner for a giggle. They seem to have updated it to remove the bus option, but only if you're specifying Exhibition GO, if you specify Exhibition Stadium it still mentions Bus. But the Oakville GO to Exhibition Stadium directions tell me to take a train to toronto - Union in other words - then take a streetcar to Exhibition! Even setting destination to Exhibition GO yields the same results.

Last edited by sharkus; Jun 10th 2015 at 4:49 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 4:43 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
Apparently you cannot purchase tickets for just women or just men's volleyball. You just purchase them for volleyball. One presumes you then get to decide which one to see at the event itself.
London 2012 did the same thing.

Here's the Beach Volleyball schedule: http://www.toronto2015.org/0/beach-volleyball-schedule

You buy tickets by session number... so for example, session BV001 gets you 4 preliminary matches, two womens, and two mens.

The only ones that are women or men only are the medal matches on the last day.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 4:50 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

What's the medal for? Surviving the Pan Am games, or perhaps surviving not being attacked by annoyed commuters?