Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toon Army / EPL thread

The Toon Army / EPL thread

Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:00 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
The playoff system for the third spot is silly IMHO
I've often planned to write a letter to those in charge, telling them to turn the playoffs into a more elaborate summer cash-cow event. The top four teams could play each other way more than once, perhaps twice or even six or seven times in as many consecutive days. With aggregate scores there could be comedy value here, too.

Or (slightly less silly idea), I say relegate four teams but put them all in a summer cup or league with the top four Championship teams- all playing for the four premiership places. This would gave the clubs a bit more cash (parachute or golden handshake), give us some extra entertainment and could mean the better teams stay/go up.

Edit: having said that I think Cardiff deserve it more.
Yes, or just promote Cardiff. Keep things simple. Increment the count of Welsh teams in the EPL to two , good.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:11 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
I've often planned to write a letter to those in charge, telling them to turn the playoffs into a more elaborate summer cash-cow event. The top four teams could play each other way more than once, perhaps twice or even six or seven times in as many consecutive days. With aggregate scores there could be comedy value here, too.

Or (slightly less silly idea), I say relegate four teams but put them all in a summer cup or league with the top four Championship teams- all playing for the four premiership places. This would gave the clubs a bit more cash (parachute or golden handshake), give us some extra entertainment and could mean the better teams stay/go up.
You should apply for the job of NHL Commissioner. This one is the pits.

Yes, or just promote Cardiff. Keep things simple. Increment the count of Welsh teams in the EPL to two , good.
Just promote Cardiff yes, then we could call it the WELP.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:57 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I have devoted quite sometime on improving the English game and these were my suggestions for bringing value back to the competitions.

1/ Get rid of the 4th Champions League spot and give it to the FA Cup. Make 4th and 5th Premier League spots UEFA Cup.

2/ Teams in Europe are kept out of the League Cup. That way they have less fixtures to focus on Europe and a team not in Europe has the chance to qualify for the UEFA Cup- thus making sure there is a new English club in Europe on the adventure every season. Some one like Birmingham City would appreciate the UEFA Cup more than say City, United or Spurs.

You would be surprised how long that took me- but I genuinely feel all 3 competitions would be more interesting if the above was done.

Lastly I wish they would just call it Division 1, 2, 3 and 4 again. It is bizarre that the Championship is a better name than the Premiership for the second tier and that the first division is infact the third tier.
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:01 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Well done the Canaries!!!

Paul Lambert has done a great job at Norwich.
Old May 4th 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

How did he get away with this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...yer-video.html
Old May 5th 2011, 1:56 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Well done the Canaries!!!

Paul Lambert has done a great job at Norwich.
He's done an amazing job.

Good to have Norwich back in the Premiership!
Old May 8th 2011, 7:30 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Just to show how magnanimous I can be when I choose:

Congratulations to Manchester United and their fine fans everywhere.

A deserved record breaking title. Well done.
Old May 8th 2011, 7:35 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Not won just yet

I can't believe i wanted manure to win today, but they did, and fingers crossed they can seal the EPL next week and play the reserves against Blackpool on their last game.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:26 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

A special shout out to Southampton who have successfully returned to the Championship. Semi relevant to this thread as the Championship supplies the Premiership with 3 teams a season.
Old May 10th 2011, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Checks for "invisible words"

Like these.

Cheers.

Unless you're trying to jinx us: the season's not over yet!
Old May 10th 2011, 12:04 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Checks for "invisible words"

Like these.

Cheers.

Unless you're trying to jinx us: the season's not over yet!
Hi, long time no see. No I meant it. Good job well done.

Of course I'm in a good mood because The Lads did quite well and live to fight again.
Old May 10th 2011, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

And you get to beat Chelsea too!
Old May 10th 2011, 12:28 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Thanks!

And you get to beat Chelsea too!
That would indeed be nice (however unlikely). More important though is that your reserves beat Blackpool in the last match.

I have my reasons.
Old May 10th 2011, 12:53 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Boooo Hissssss
Old May 10th 2011, 12:54 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Boooo Hissssss
Oh, are you from Blackpool? How was I to know?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.