Wikiposts

Todays Senior Moment

Old Nov 25th 2015, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Todays Senior Moment

Couldn't find the car, to the point i started to panic. It didn't help that i was carrying three pots of orchids and looked like a complete loon.
A lovely lady who just happened to come from Mansfield offered to drive me around the parking lot until I found it. I know its a Mini but not minuscule!

Anyone else suffering from such stupidity?!!
Old Nov 25th 2015, 3:39 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Todays Senior Moment

Yer daft puddin- when were you driving round the car park ..in the Mansfield saviours car, with the orchidspoking out through her sunroof? I seem to remember a Top Gear episode with them building an ideal pensioner's car with a useful automatic feature which released a balloon at the press of a button when you set the device remotely- I couldn't find the link- I found the episode but not that bit- no doubt someone will. You could easily spot it- ideal for you Tootle!! And in answer to your question...... Nope
Attached Thumbnails Todays Senior Moment-image.jpg  
Old Nov 25th 2015, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

paw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond repute

I just press the lock twice and the horn will beep. The only way to find a car that someone moved :-)
Old Nov 25th 2015, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paw339
I just press the lock twice and the horn will beep. The only way to find a car that someone moved :-)
Mine doesn't peep!!
Old Nov 25th 2015, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Yer daft puddin- when were you driving round the car park ..in the Mansfield saviours car, with the orchidspoking out through her sunroof? I seem to remember a Top Gear episode with them building an ideal pensioner's car with a useful automatic feature which released a balloon at the press of a button when you set the device remotely- I couldn't find the link- I found the episode but not that bit- no doubt someone will. You could easily spot it- ideal for you Tootle!! And in answer to your question...... Nope
Nice bird!!
Old Nov 25th 2015, 6:05 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
Nice bird!!
Yes, it's a real loon,.

When I was showing dogs a friend used to tie a brightly coloured piece of cloth to the radio aeriel (remember them?), so he could see his car among the around 500 or so in the temporary car park.
Old Nov 25th 2015, 6:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go Stinky!

http://www.topgear.com/videos/jeremy...s-19-episode-5

At 5 minute mark.

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 25th 2015 at 6:31 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2015, 6:45 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Cheers Siouxie - I think I was being a bit lazy
I think the flare might draw a little too much attention though if we ransack Oink's boat we could find a few flares and probably a few beers!
Tootle stick to the balloon marker- it is a more genteel method of vehicle location.
Oh, and btw, Minis are small and so your senior lapse was forgivable
Old Nov 26th 2015, 12:22 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

@Tootlepootle

I thought you were going to say you forgot you'd taken the bus and the car was at home.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 1:11 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I make coffee either using my drip machine - with the remaining 5 cups being reheated in the microwave as and when wanted.

Sometimes I'll have the odd instant - Taster's Choice Dark is acceptable and I take the hot water from the Keurig which I use for the occasional pod.

I've been known to make a variety of mistakes.

I leave the spoon in the cup for the water from the Keurig and once I put the cup into the microwave instead of the Keurig - with the spoon in the cup. Sparks

I've moved to put the jug onto the Keurig instead of the filter machine.

I have turned the drip machine on without having filled up with water or without having put coffee grounds in.

I've even done all those bits and turned on, only to be alerted by the sound of running water - well, coffee - before realising I hadn't put the jug in place.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stinkypup

Cheers Siouxie - I think I was being a bit lazy
I think the flare might draw a little too much attention though if we ransack Oink's boat we could find a few flares and probably a few beers!
Tootle stick to the balloon marker- it is a more genteel method of vehicle location.
Oh, and btw, Minis are small and so your senior lapse was forgivable
Old Nov 26th 2015, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BristolUK
@Tootlepootle

I thought you were going to say you forgot you'd taken the bus and the car was at home.
I did think I had brought the other car for a moment!!
Old Nov 26th 2015, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I make coffee either using my drip machine - with the remaining 5 cups being reheated in the microwave as and when wanted.

Sometimes I'll have the odd instant - Taster's Choice Dark is acceptable and I take the hot water from the Keurig which I use for the occasional pod.

I've been known to make a variety of mistakes.

I leave the spoon in the cup for the water from the Keurig and once I put the cup into the microwave instead of the Keurig - with the spoon in the cup. Sparks

I've moved to put the jug onto the Keurig instead of the filter machine.

I have turned the drip machine on without having filled up with water or without having put coffee grounds in.

I've even done all those bits and turned on, only to be alerted by the sound of running water - well, coffee - before realising I hadn't put the jug in place.
Thankyou for your support, feel free to emoticon away!!
Old Nov 27th 2015, 12:12 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
Thankyou for your support, feel free to emoticon away!!
Old Nov 27th 2015, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I take it back!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.