Wikiposts

Timmies UK?!

Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:08 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timmies UK?!

Originally Posted by ukleaf
I don't know, wouldn't it make sense for a company like that to change things slightly when trying to break a new market? The majority of people over in England don't know the legendary defence-man Tim Horton, let alone the fact that Tims is massive in Canada, a little re-branding never did anyone any harm.
You don't mess with something that is already working well for you.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:14 am
Just Joined

ukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really nice

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You don't mess with something that is already working well for you.
Yep I know, but what I'm saying is that in a market where small coffee chains are struggling to stay afloat it wouldn't hurt to do a little market research in that market and change your brand accordingly.

What I am saying is that it isn't out of the realms of possibility that Tim Hortons would re-brand as Timmies in another market/country, in my opinion.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:18 am

What I am saying is that it isn't out of the realms of possibility that Tim Hortons would re-brand as Timmies in another market/country, in my opinion.
No it's not out of the realms of possibility.

But consider did McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, etc change?

No they didn't. So why would Tim Horton's.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:18 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I know, but what I'm saying is that in a market where small coffee chains are struggling to stay afloat it wouldn't hurt to do a little market research in that market and change your brand accordingly.

They couldn't.

Some dude in Leeds has already got a shop called Timmies.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:21 am
Just Joined

ukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
They couldn't.

Some dude in Leeds has already got a shop called Timmies.
Nice touch.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:23 am
Just Joined

No they didn't, you're correct, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen and hasn't happened with other companies looking to make a dent in another market.

It will probably never happen, still, we never know.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:25 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

KFC is called PFK in Quebec.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Souvenir
KFC is called PFK in Quebec.
Aren't Lays crisps the same as Walkers crisps in England too, it's all about fitting in to markets.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:31 am

Aren't Lays crisps the same as Walkers crisps in England too, it's all about fitting in to markets.
Didn't Frito Lay buy Walkers?

If so, once again why mess with something that is working?

ASDA is owned by Wal*Mart no name change there either because it works for them to remain ASDA.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Didn't Frito Lay buy Walkers?

If so, once again why mess with something that is working?

ASDA is owned by Wal*Mart no name change there either because it works for them to remain ASDA.
Fair enough, don't mess with things that work.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:44 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough, don't mess with things that work.
You also do not get Carling where Molson is sold, because they are produced by the same brewer.

By the way this is a great thread you guys have going!

I did read that they are only stocking Tim Horton's donuts at the moment in selected locations in the UK and Ireland.

Apparently Hooters are going to do a big expansion here, it is a shame Tim Horton's aren't. Coffee in other outlets is soooo expensive.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:47 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

we could have a Tim Hooters!!!! he he he

sorry = shall be sensible so that I do not bring this tread into the boring housewives catagory . . . .
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
we could have a Tim Hooters!!!! he he he

sorry = shall be sensible so that I do not bring this tread into the boring housewives catagory . . . .
I'll leave any Hooters type place, be more than happy to see one of those...
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:58 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add my 2 cents. I was in my local Tesco store the other day, quietly browsing in the baked goods section. To my surprise I saw that there is now a small "Tim Horton's" shelf with a selection of donuts on it. Proper Tim's signage etc etc.

The donuts looked pretty tasty I might add - I'm planning on trying a different one each week. yum yum.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Just to add my 2 cents. I was in my local Tesco store the other day, quietly browsing in the baked goods section. To my surprise I saw that there is now a small "Tim Horton's" shelf with a selection of donuts on it. Proper Tim's signage etc etc.

The donuts looked pretty tasty I might add - I'm planning on trying a different one each week. yum yum.
I wonder what it is with Ireland and Tims, they seem to have their stuff in Spar over there too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.