View Poll Results: How many Tim Horton's are there within 3km of where you live?
None.
43.48%
One.
14.49%
Two.
13.04%
Three.
10.14%
Four or more.
18.84%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Tim Horton's

Old Jul 2nd 2013, 4:42 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tim Horton's

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
How many that post on this board have never consumed something from Tim Horton's?

Like Auld Yin, I don't understand the constant belittling of Timmies or the praise of other establishments. One assumes that people eat and drink what they enjoy eating and drinking. As I have said before, to belittle the choice of another says more about the person belittling than it does about the other.
I've eaten from Tim Horton's, of course I have. It's a fast-food shop, no issues there... it's the national veneration of that fast-food shop that irritates me.

The UK likes it's fish and chips, for example, but it doesn't venerate a particular brand of fish and chip vendor.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 4:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem with Tim Hortons. The one coffee I had from there was very nice.

Their donuts are better than Dunkin Donuts (which aren't here) but Superstore's are better.

What I do find odd is the number of people buying a coffee to drink upon arrival at work (and arrival at home) when they could surely make a nice cup at work (or home) for a fraction of the cost and without risk of burning by steam or liquid.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 4:45 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
How many do you have?
Unlike many on this site I choose to not expose my private life to all and sundry.
Suffice to say "they" won't need to hold a flag day fo me.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 5:10 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

There are numerous MD's and Timmies close to me. I never go into them. We use ones at truck stops because they have bogs. I do not partake of the produce.

My missus recently bought a can of TH coffee, instead of our usual Van Houtte French blend. She wanted to see if I noticed. After the first sip, I asked if the milk had gone off. The coffee was undrinkable.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 5:13 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

How many that post on this board have never consumed something from Tim Horton's?

Like Auld Yin, I don't understand the constant belittling of Timmies or the praise of other establishments. One assumes that people eat and drink what they enjoy eating and drinking. As I have said before, to belittle the choice of another says more about the person belittling than it does about the other.
+1

It's only coffee, there are plenty worse and some better. The fact that a Canadian fast food chain can compete in scale with the big American chains is something positive, surely.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 5:17 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
+1

It's only coffee, there are plenty worse and some better. The fact that a Canadian fast food chain can compete in scale with the big American chains is something positive, surely.
Positive? Are you nuts?!

"Woo-hoo, we've got our very own chain to pump our people full of fat, sugar and HFCS! And we've convinced them that it's almost their patriotic duty to get diabetes! But at least it's Canadian diabetes! Aren't we great?!"
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 5:36 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Because the narrative of TH represents a wider manifestation of cultural mediocrity and that a society would so intimately identify and internalize such characterless dross as a symbol and representation of Canadian identity is puzzling.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 5:37 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Positive? Are you nuts?!

"Woo-hoo, we've got our very own chain to pump our people full of fat, sugar and HFCS! And we've convinced them that it's almost their patriotic duty to get diabetes! But at least it's Canadian diabetes! Aren't we great?!"
Well, it is fast food, and budget fast food at that. You have to consider it in context. As with any fast food menu, there are (somewhat) healthy choices too. But I would concede that Britain has done much better with Pret a Manger.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 5:37 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Oink
Because the narrative of TH represents a wider manifestation of cultural mediocrity and that a society would so intimately identify and internalize such characterless dross as a symbol and representation of Canadian identity is puzzling.
It's all in the advertising, innit.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I have no problem with Tim Hortons. The one coffee I had from there was very nice.

Their donuts are better than Dunkin Donuts (which aren't here) but Superstore's are better.

What I do find odd is the number of people buying a coffee to drink upon arrival at work (and arrival at home) when they could surely make a nice cup at work (or home) for a fraction of the cost and without risk of burning by steam or liquid.
and the queue up in a 40 car line, often out into the road, for the privilege.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 6:42 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeterF
and the queue up in a 40 car line, often out into the road, for the privilege.
No wonder Canadians are fat.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I've eaten from Tim Horton's, of course I have. It's a fast-food shop, no issues there... it's the national veneration of that fast-food shop that irritates me.

The UK likes it's fish and chips, for example, but it doesn't venerate a particular brand of fish and chip vendor.
Are there any national fish and chip vendors? I can't think of any.

I understand all that you are saying. I just don't understand the obsession with this particular coffee or another. I assume people drink what they like and I am happy for them to do so.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 6:52 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Ditto for UK soccer.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 7:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Ditto for UK soccer.
Football doesn't define the UK and it's not synonymous with the UK. Morris dancing might be a better comparand, something specifically British that leaves the rest of the world nonplussed.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 7:45 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I once spat out a ham and swiss sandwich with honey and mustard dressing. On another occasion I sipped at a TH "coffee" at a meeting and then had to go home.

I've owned up before that in the past the OH had a liking for an Iced Capp when on a longish drive in the heat of summer. I've sipped that too without ill-effect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.