Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

There's something wrong with my gin and tonic

There's something wrong with my gin and tonic

Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

sunshine81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: There's something wrong with my gin and tonic

Has anyone tried Blackwoods Gin from the Shetlands? It's currently top of my list although I am partial to a wee Tanq or two.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
OMG my Aunt mixes 7Up into her red wine - Oh well each to their own
What was that wine program on BBC...Jilly Goolden was it? She made a punch once with wine and flat lemonade.

I copied her idea on various hols in Greece with a sweetish and cheap red wine mixed 50/50 with 7Up or Sprite...adding diced apple and sliced orange storing it in the Sprite bottle (this being basic self catrering accom) in the fridge until the next day....so I was always making some for the following day.

It was bloody gorgeous, remarkably like Sangria and I got pleasanly mellow sitting on my balcony many an evening. A long, cool drink. Perfect with some olives.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:06 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
What was that wine program on BBC...Jilly Goolden was it? She made a punch once with wine and flat lemonade.

I copied her idea on various hols in Greece with a sweetish and cheap red wine mixed 50/50 with 7Up or Sprite...adding diced apple and sliced orange storing it in the Sprite bottle (this being basic self catrering accom) in the fridge until the next day....so I was always making some for the following day.

It was bloody gorgeous, remarkably like Sangria and I got pleasanly mellow sitting on my balcony many an evening. A long, cool drink. Perfect with some olives.
Perfect for those summer evenings yet to come
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gryphea
I find it strangely easy to get swayed by Galen Weston. Have no idea why!
Probably because he is one of the third richest in Canada....check the Forbes list!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Corky
Probably because he is one of the third richest in Canada....check the Forbes list!!!!
His family own Selfridges and his sister is in charge there.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
His family own Selfridges and his sister is in charge there.
Didn't know that.....................
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corky
Yes maybe ..............
Old Feb 14th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

bluefishman is an unknown quantity at this point

can't beat isle of jura whisky mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ps my pref neat.