Terror attack in NZ

Old Mar 15th 2019, 5:03 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Terror attack in NZ

Old Mar 15th 2019, 5:36 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terror attack in NZ

I think there should be exceptions for giving the death penalty in countries where it is not legal. This is one of those times.

I purposely haven't read all the gory details, but I am amazed the suspect was captured alive.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 5:48 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

News here says they captured 3, also had two bombs, a well thought out planned terrorist attack

lots of injuries too I just heard

Last edited by magnumpi; Mar 15th 2019 at 6:10 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 7:20 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

My mother had a phrase that she'd wheel out on occasions, 'There are more out than in', meaning that not all disturbed people get put away.
In this case, you have an obsession, no doubt fed by utterances from those who should know better, that immigration and antipathy towards some religions, is something to be resisted by slaughtering anyone who fits the description.
The madness behind this doctrine is made even more obscene since it seeks to explain the actions of a white australian supposedly defending his european heritage and you must ask yourselves how such ideas germinate in the first place.
You don't have to dig deep into australian, canadian or US, history for that matter to unearth the inhuman actions of white 'settlers' against anyone not considered white enough or who just happened to live where white invaders wanted to be.
As a white boy growing up in england, I was intrigued by a world covered in pink and the legacy of an empire over which the sun never set. My geogaphy books were full of pictures of the masai tending herds in africa or the tattooed maori in far off new zealand. The history books were full of the exploits of Clive of India and General Gordon. The world was described as being peaceful under the benevolence of empire.
But, as we now understand, this was an exercise in propaganda, not so much to hide the truth, as to ignore it completely.
I've often said that not enough people understand their own history, If they did they might take a different view of the iraqi fleeing from a country invaded once again by a western power, running from a country whose borders were drawn by other westerners irrespective of tribal boundaries, or the syrian running from a civil war encouraged and supported by anti-Assad westerners.
We, whites, we descendants of those invaders who, even now find ourselves immigrants in other conquered lands, should realise that we should tread lightly in the hope that those who were here before us don't behave as badly as this australian bigot has.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Seemingly the guy had plans to attack a third mosque "if he could make it there"
Old Mar 18th 2019, 3:13 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, quite a contrast between Jacinda and Trump...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-and-integrity
Old Mar 21st 2019, 1:14 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

The hypocrisy of New Zealand's "this is not us" claim.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 1:38 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know enough about to NZ to judge. Incredibly impressed with Jacinda, she is putting so many world leaders to shame with her empathy and her effectiveness on dealing with the gun issue. There certainly seems to be an outpouring of grief and solidarity. This tragic event elevated my impression of NZ as peaceful and inclusive society, but who knows there may be cracks in it. Many countries have a negative history with indigenous peoples which they are only now confronting. Hypocrisy seems quite a heavy charge for a young country.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

jeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
personally i dont like the NZ Pm's reaction,

it most likely will result in a to fast knee jerk policy that will be put place

and i have seen no mention on the tv clips ( i have seen ) about what they are going to do to counteract the threat of the ied's the attacker had occuring again

cheers
jerry
Old Mar 21st 2019, 3:56 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by jeremy brewer
Hi
personally i dont like the NZ Pm's reaction,

it most likely will result in a to fast knee jerk policy that will be put place

and i have seen no mention on the tv clips ( i have seen ) about what they are going to do to counteract the threat of the ied's the attacker had occuring again

cheers
jerry
What aspect do you not like? Gun control?
Old Mar 21st 2019, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

jeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
What aspect do you not like? Gun control?
Hi
no probs with gun control

hicap magazines should only be in govenment controlled hands

as j understand NZ has no gun registry, they dont know who has what

my logic is register them all first, know who has what then decide what to ban

the only sure way of not creating 'ghost' guns

laws done correctly not by what appears to me to be a political knee jerk government reaction

cheers
jerry
Old Mar 21st 2019, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
no probs with gun control

hicap magazines should only be in govenment controlled hands

as j understand NZ has no gun registry, they dont know who has what

the only sure way of not creating 'ghost' guns

laws done correctly not by what appears to me to be a political knee jerk government reaction

cheers
jerry
Because, of course, those that wish to use such weapons to injure people are well known for wanting to have their weapons registered.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 5:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see that at all. In the video we see shot after shot being blasted and magazines being changed in a moment. No one, outside of a war, needs that firepower. The NZ government's new policy seems sensible and the phase in process reasonable. No guns will be created by it.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 6:00 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't see that at all. In the video we see shot after shot being blasted and magazines being changed in a moment. No one, outside of a war, needs that firepower. The NZ government's new policy seems sensible and the phase in process reasonable. No guns will be created by it.
Did you actually watch that video? I certainly didn't.

I think the NZ immediate ban is also a good signal to the US, that gun control does not need to be a tortuous process. Britain should know, post Dunblane.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Did you actually watch that video? I certainly didn't.

I think the NZ immediate ban is also a good signal to the US, that gun control does not need to be a tortuous process. Britain should know, post Dunblane.
The US already knows that but doesn't care enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.