Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Tenuous Connections to Famous People

Tenuous Connections to Famous People

Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tenuous Connections to Famous People

My great gran and her sister used to babysit Tom Jones.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the same school as Julie Burchill but didn't know her as she was two years younger than me.

I worked in a DSS (then) that one time member of The Clash, Nick Sheppard worked in briefly before he was famous and people I worked with there worked for a short period with David Knopfler in a neighbouring DSS.

I took an Incapicity Benefit claim from Paul McGann and saw George and Mildred star, Norman Eshley, a few times after his stage accident.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

This guy is my cousin Anthony Sullivan
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

My first job was in an estate agent office. I once "served" Geoffrey from Rainbow. He was charming.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

someone my mum works with was in Frankie Boyle's primary school class

she's mentioned in one of his books

told my mum everyone at school thought he'd grow up to be a serial killer
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
And Mike Slemen ( ex England rugby player went to my school - before my time ).
Jim Waterman, ex Bath rugby and father of England International Danielle Waterman was my Maths teacher.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:33 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

i played in the same football team as Paul Ince for 2 years...bit more tenious my friend's uncle is Jasper Carrot or his cousin or something like that.

i once shared a breakfast with Adam Faith at fleet services on the M3 before he died obviously.. i dont think the breakfast and his death were connected either?

i built a hotel for Greg Dyke when he was the director general of the BBC and went to dinner with his wife (minus Mr. Dyke) she was much younger than him blonde and not half bad
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:36 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I am famous. I get quoted in the press.

My sister in law used to babysit Jimmy Page's kids.

Gilles Duceppe once stood on my foot in an elevator.

I shared a pub table with Tim Brooke Taylor and Richard O'Sullivan.

I shared another one with Maureen Lipman and whoever the bird was she did the BT ads with. One of them gave me a packet of crisps.

(Lots of slebs went into that pub. It was near a TV rehearsal studio).

I raced Ian Hislop on rowing machines at the gym.

I am related to the Royal Family, and not very distantly (that is true).

My cat sitter is the Canadian junior champion in cycling (road).
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
I am famous. I get quoted in the press.
I've met him.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I met Paris Hilton at a film premiere once. I had no idea who she was, thought she was just another B-movie actress whose parents were strange enough to name her after a hotel.

And having seen her from two feet away I've no idea why many men seem to think she's attractive, I wouldn't touch her with someone else's.

Other than that all I can think of are a few B-movie directors and space shuttle astronauts. The Queen did visit the office where I worked one day, but I didn't get invited to the garden party.

Actually, one of those B-movie directors did go on to make Shaun of the Dead and another produced Blair Witch.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:45 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I once pretended to be someone famous , does that count?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I've sung karaoke on London TV news. But you really don't want to see that video.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:47 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
i got mistaken for Gary Flitcroft (then a premiership footballer with Blackburn) milked a free lunch out of it..this was in Singapore where apparently all westerners look the same?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:48 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I was once right behind Toady from neighbours in the business class check-in queue at heathrow.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:52 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I used to get mistaken for Zoe BAll ( anyone remember her) , especially when giving my name for appointments over the phone etc.

in real life , you wouldn't mistake us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.