TELUS Sky building

Old Jul 8th 2013, 3:01 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TELUS Sky building

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Try negotiating the PATH system in Toronto, then we can talk again.
I recently re-read some Jules Verne. Journey to the ............

I thought of the PATH. It's like a black hole.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 6:06 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Eh? The downtown is hardly massive; there are maps throughout and pictures informing the public whether they are travelling north (fish - the river), south (the train lines), west (the mountains) or east (the fort)
It's not to do with size it's to do with layout.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
It's not to do with size
So why do I get 75 spam e-mails every day?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 6:10 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Try negotiating the PATH system in Toronto, then we can talk again.
I did live there briefly, I have used it, as I recall it was better laid out although it is much larger. There was more consistency to it. In Calgary using the +15 each building just connects to it and they have their own idea of how to go about it so there is no consistency. Eventually you get the hang of it but I do sometimes feel like a rat in a maze, opening doors, climbing stairs, going around a corner, through a tunnel, etc. And they all look different.

Bit like the Deerfoot, every exit and on-ramp works differently.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 2:48 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Bit like the Deerfoot, every exit and on-ramp works differently.
That's my bugbear too!
Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:20 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by Shard
Haven't seen or heard of that movie. Is it set in Calgary?

Despite the core being in a grid, the lack of exterior reference points does make it more difficult to navigate. But I suppose now there's an app for that!
Yes it is.

What I do so love is conversations where people give you directions.

"Well, walk down this corridor, take the stairs down to the +15, walk across, there's a red door on the right, go through there, walk up two flights of stairs, exit out of the door on that floor, walk across to the door on the other side, go up one flight of stairs, walk down the corridor then there's a brown door and that's where it is."

So you get lost and go back for clarification.

"I ended up in a parkade, I think I took a wrong turn."

"Was it parkade A or B?"

"Errr... B I think"

"Oh you must have gone through the wrong door on the other side of the corridor, the door you need to go through is next to the pipe."

You go back. Pipes everywhere.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:11 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is.

What I do so love is conversations where people give you directions.

"Well, walk down this corridor, take the stairs down to the +15, walk across, there's a red door on the right, go through there, walk up two flights of stairs, exit out of the door on that floor, walk across to the door on the other side, go up one flight of stairs, walk down the corridor then there's a brown door and that's where it is."

So you get lost and go back for clarification.

"I ended up in a parkade, I think I took a wrong turn."

"Was it parkade A or B?"

"Errr... B I think"

"Oh you must have gone through the wrong door on the other side of the corridor, the door you need to go through is next to the pipe."

You go back. Pipes everywhere.
Perish the thought of actually going outside for a block or two...
Old Jul 11th 2013, 5:38 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

But that's what you do end up doing and then you walk through some freezing puddle.

This is the movie I mentioned.

There's a scene in it where one of the characters gets so depressed he decides to break a window and jump out, so he throws a jar of pennies at the window and it bounces back and knocks him out.

A scene you will be thinking about when you are well and truly lost.

Last edited by Steve_; Jul 11th 2013 at 5:42 am.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 5:44 am
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Perish the thought of actually going outside for a block or two...
That's what cars are for surely?...