Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

telus mobility and vodafone

telus mobility and vodafone

Old Sep 10th 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light
Default telus mobility and vodafone

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems receiving international texts from Vodafone users in the UK to their Telus cell phones? I had intermittent problems with Aliant (local network for Nova Scotia) but since swapping to Telus I can send texts but cannot receive them from Vodafone mobiles (other networks work ok). Vodafone say its a Telus issue as the messages appear in Vodafone outboxes and Telus say its a Vodafone problem -aghhh, hence after lots of rages and hair pulling i'm posting on here to see if anyone else has experienced problems....
Old Sep 11th 2006, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: telus mobility and vodafone

Originally Posted by h_henry
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems receiving international texts from Vodafone users in the UK to their Telus cell phones? I had intermittent problems with Aliant (local network for Nova Scotia) but since swapping to Telus I can send texts but cannot receive them from Vodafone mobiles (other networks work ok). Vodafone say its a Telus issue as the messages appear in Vodafone outboxes and Telus say its a Vodafone problem -aghhh, hence after lots of rages and hair pulling i'm posting on here to see if anyone else has experienced problems....
Doesn't help you but it all seems a bit unreliable when non-GSM to GSM texting. If texts are important, stick with Rogers/Fido. I've noticed a lot of Orange problems in the forum before, haven't seen Vodafone's name crop up as often.

I think Chipotle had probs with this recently too, maybe he can tell us if he solved the problem?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Doesn't help you but it all seems a bit unreliable when non-GSM to GSM texting. If texts are important, stick with Rogers/Fido. I've noticed a lot of Orange problems in the forum before, haven't seen Vodafone's name crop up as often.

I think Chipotle had probs with this recently too, maybe he can tell us if he solved the problem?
Thanks for the reply! Orange seems to be the only network that I can reliably send to and receive...it's all very odd. Unfortunately i'm tied into the Telus contract now. Has anyone used a company called ipipi? It claims to be able to allow you to send and receive texts from any phone to any carrier in the world for 10 cents a text. I shouldn't have to pay for another service to provide one I'm already paying for with Telus but I'm wondering if it's worth considering?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 7:00 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

What model of phone are you using out of curiosity henry?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

I have a Motorola Razr but bizarrely I'm having the exact same problem with my cheap Nokia with Aliant (although previously I have been able to receive from Vodafone with Aliant). I gather Telus and Aliant use the same towers in this area...coincidence?