British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Teeth, yellow and British (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/teeth-yellow-british-645687/)

fledermaus Dec 21st 2009 7:56 am

Teeth, yellow and British

Some ruddy Canadian, a stranger that I was talking to in the waiting room at Sunnybrook told me that I should get my yellow English teeth whitened as it would make me look younger...

:(:huh:

Oink Dec 21st 2009 7:58 am

Re: Teeth, yellow and British

Originally Posted by fledermaus (Post 8189967)
Some ruddy Canadian, a stranger that I was talking to in the waiting room at Sunnybrook told me that I should get my yellow English teeth whitened as it would make me look younger...

Did you tell them they should get their broken nose fixed as it'll stop the pain?

fledermaus Dec 21st 2009 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8189977)
Did you tell them they should get their broken nose fixed as it'll stop the pain?

She already had a bandage round her head....

Butch Cassidy Dec 21st 2009 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8189977)

Where as I was just going to say didyatwatthebassa

R I C H Dec 21st 2009 8:12 am

I was in a department store once with friends. Friend 'A' is not a tolerant shopper, and his OH was taking a long time choosing a blouse.

After several minutes or boredom, he picked out a vivid yellow top and yelled across the store "This'll do, love - it matches your teeth."

Silence fell as similarly bored husbands tried to suppress giggles, and wives looked on in horror. I don't think they spoke for several days.

Fled - who wants to look pre-pubescent anyway? ;)

mandymoochops Dec 21st 2009 8:14 am

How rude :frown:

MrGreen Dec 21st 2009 8:14 am

I've said it before, I'll say it again...teeth aren't meant to be brilliant white, they're naturally a creamy colour that north americans think is yellow. Crazy.

Oink Dec 21st 2009 8:17 am

Originally Posted by greenbwoy (Post 8190023)
I've said it before, I'll say it again...teeth aren't meant to be brilliant white, they're naturally a creamy colour that north americans think is yellow. Crazy.

While I think it was well out of order for the person to be that rude to Fledamouse, I'm sort with Americans on the white teeth bit.

Alan2005 Dec 21st 2009 8:20 am

This is why I don't talk to strangers. They invariably turn out to be twats.

iaink Dec 21st 2009 8:23 am

Yellow teeth, or long term enamel damage, even tongue cancer from the peroxide...Hmm... not too hard to choose which I would prefer to take my chances with.

At the risk of thread drift what's with modern societies obsession with youthful appearance anyway? It seems so shallow, and why do otherwise sane and intelligent people subject themselves to unnecessary procedures just for cosmetic ends. And why are doctors allowed to get away with performing, even encouraging so many unnecessary procedures...

Butch Cassidy Dec 21st 2009 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 8190040)
This is why I don't talk to strangers. They invariably turn out to be twats.

I used to enjoy a strange twat every now and then

Alan2005 Dec 21st 2009 8:27 am

Originally Posted by iaink (Post 8190052)
Yellow teeth, or long term enamel damage, even tongue cancer from the peroxide...Hmm... not too hard to choose which I would prefer to take my chances with.

At the risk of thread drift what's with modern societies obsession with youthful appearance anyway? It seems so shallow, and why do otherwise sane and intelligent people subject themselves to unnecessary procedures just for cosmetic ends. And why are doctors allowed to get away with performing, even encouraging so many unnecessary procedures...

it's marketing. create the need, sell the product. we lap it up.

fledermaus Dec 21st 2009 8:27 am

1 Attachment(s)
The offending dentition

Butch Cassidy Dec 21st 2009 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy (Post 8190059)
I used to enjoy a strange twat every now and then

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 8190061)
lap it up.

Not everytime, but often enough yes

dollface Dec 21st 2009 8:28 am

Flippin cheek of it:frown: