British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Teatime Choices (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/teatime-choices-726714/)

caretaker May 8th 2015 11:02 pm

Re: Teatime Choices

Pork tenderloin mashed potatoes and red onion gravy. mmmmm's

BristolUK May 10th 2015 11:37 pm

Roast Lamb, roast spuds, green beans and carrots, braised onion and gravy.
Nice glass of Pinot Noir.

The lamb was by no means expensive. $12 for a chunk, plenty for four. Boneless leg and not even on sale. :confused:

BEVS May 10th 2015 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 11642328)
Roast Lamb, roast spuds, green beans and carrots, braised onion and gravy.
Nice glass of Pinot Noir.

The lamb was by no means expensive. $12 for a chunk, plenty for four. Boneless leg and not even on sale. :confused:

Wow ! *drools in an unbecoming way*

I'm coming to your gaff. I couldn't buy a bit of scrag end for that here. Lamb is mega $$ per kilo.

BristolUK May 11th 2015 1:01 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11642333)
... I couldn't buy a bit of scrag end for that here. Lamb is mega $$ per kilo.

It was a surprise for me too. Sometimes I see it in the flyer and it sounds not too bad but when I pick it up in the store there's no way I'm paying it and it's been years since I found one half price approaching the BB date.

My stepdaughter picked one up expecting to read about $30 on the label. She showed me, we looked and then she said she'd buy me "this one" for $12 as it looked enough for three. She doesn't like it. There was more than I thought.

I regret not buying more as I've just been thinking about the weight and it must have been priced as if it had the bone in.

Ah well, at least I had one.

Oink May 11th 2015 3:51 am

As HID is away and I couldn't bothered to order in, and as I only wanted a light tea, I turned to one of my foundational culinary projects, Scooby Doos' on toast. :thumbup:

Edited to note: Add a squirt of Sriracha sauce to any of Heinz character based tinned pastas and it really picks them up.

Greenhill May 25th 2015 8:14 pm

A small bag of Doritos and half a dozen raw chicken wings :sick:

BristolUK May 31st 2015 9:48 pm

Herbed Turkey thighs, roast spud, beans, carrots and my gravy. Glass of Chardonnay.

Kraft stove top stuffing....comes way behind PC, Ben's and Compliments versions.

caretaker May 31st 2015 10:14 pm

Sausages chips gravy peas, a few drinks. Nothing to see here, move along. I've adopted some of the gravy technique from Oink's Oyama Sausage bangers and mash recipe link and my gravy has improved. It was already pretty good so I'm quite pleased.

caretaker Jun 11th 2015 11:43 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Oh we had some bread and whipped butter and hot pickled peppers and gouda and brie and garlicy bruschetta and cucumber and tomatoes and bbq'd duck.
We're camping. ;)
The Englander I'm camping with is a Cordon Bleu chef and owns a big catering company and when I make something and he likes it I'm really pleased. And it is good, it"s a fact.

BEVS Jun 12th 2015 2:13 am

Toad in the Hole and I have to hope that it doesn't morph into sausage biscuit.

Oink Jun 12th 2015 3:59 am

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 11673159)
Oh we had some bread and whipped butter and hot pickled peppers and gouda and brie and garlicy bruschetta and cucumber and tomatoes and bbq'd duck.
We're camping. ;)
The Englander I'm camping with is a Cordon Bleu chef and owns a big catering company and when I make something and he likes it I'm really pleased. And it is good, it"s a fact.

Bbq goose?

caretaker Jun 19th 2015 1:52 am

1 Attachment(s)
First day back in the Wine Capital of Canada and after unloading the van and a little shopping can't be bothered to cook (+ it's too hot) so got jalapeno & sausage and yummy veg slices from Pizza 97.

BristolUK Jun 28th 2015 10:13 pm

Braised Lamb Shanks.

Yummy.

caretaker Jul 2nd 2015 11:22 am

Duck confit tacos.

BristolUK Jul 2nd 2015 11:55 am

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 11690106)
Duck confit tacos.

Lottery win this month? :lol: