Teatime Choices

Old Feb 8th 2021, 7:51 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

We've discovered an absolute gem of an Indian takeaway about 15 minutes from the house... typical, just as we expect to be leaving Norfolk for good next month!! It's so good that we've used it every Saturday for the past 3 weeks. Pick up the takeaway and scoff it while watching The Masked Singer

On Saturday we had king prawn bhuna, vegetable balti, tarka dhal, sag paneer, pilau rice and garlic naan. Perfect way to wind down after watching Scotland completely own England in the rugby.
Old Feb 8th 2021, 10:13 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Husband made a delicious apple and pear crumble with real custard so we didn't bother with a savoury course.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 8:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I had a reuben just because all the stuff was right there. I mixed mayo and Dijon this time and it was very good. Tonight I might have sausage and eggs since I'll be browning sausages for slow cooker soup. I planned on doing that last night but ran out of steam.
edit; one frozen spinach pizza left, and that might be a healthier option. There's dry Roquefort salami to top it with, and it's still good to be king.

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 10th 2021 at 8:16 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 9:58 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Sausage soup. I'll have to freeze some of this.

Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:06 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Steamed Basa with garlic, served with couscous (with garlic and red chilli 'jam'); broccolli, cauliflower, sprouts and also carrots - which are from the garden (I dug them up in October then put them in dry soil in a cold dark place, surprisingly they are keeping really well - albeit trying to grow!) and beets from the garden, which I roasted then froze, amazed that they have retained their texture and flavour.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

That sounds good; not only extremely healthy but colorful. I haven't tried basa or tilapia yet, but the day is probably coming. I had meatballs and fettuccine Alfredo, finishing up the burger I mixed for last night's cheeseburger and chips.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 9:58 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm going to order a 2 topping pizza and my friend will go pick it up. Tandoori chicken and butter paneer. I'm curious to see how the $12 pie from the special menu compares to the expensive one I ordered from the gourmet menu when I got out of hospital.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 12:19 am
Stand-up Philosopher

It's good, and worth doing again.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 11:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Duck with home made bbq sauce and stuffing is in the works.

Old Apr 10th 2021, 1:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by caretaker
Duck with home made bbq sauce and stuffing is in the works.

Old Apr 27th 2021, 10:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Yesterday I made the sauce, and grated in a bunch of hard old Reggiano rind, and today I baked big meatballs with grated parmesan and had them simmering in the sauce all afternoon. I'm having spaghetti.

Old Apr 28th 2021, 1:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Except for the color and the meatballs, it looks like my husband version of spaghetti gravy with onions, peppers, mushrooms, ground beef and lots and lots of garlic with crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce and celery seed.
Old Apr 29th 2021, 10:49 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Hamberders.

I'm full after one, so the other gets wrapped and stored for a treat tomorrow.
Old May 1st 2021, 8:33 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Meateorites.

Last edited by caretaker; May 1st 2021 at 8:52 pm.
Old May 6th 2021, 5:39 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

HID has banned tea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.