Teatime Choices

Old Sep 10th 2020, 7:55 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Is that served in wine or just marinated?
"Au naturel".

Seriously though, I made a tartiflette for the first time in yonks (pre-empting an early winter ) and will be doing "Veau a la BĂ©richonne" this weekend.

I wouldn't bother <search-engining> the veal dish, the results are well iffy, I'll post a real recipe soon-ish.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 10:06 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The steak will have to defrost for tomorrow, so it's shrimp cocktail for me!

Old Sep 11th 2020, 11:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
The steak will have to defrost for tomorrow, so it's shrimp cocktail for me!

Celebrating something?
Old Sep 11th 2020, 11:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Celebrating something?
No, but that bottle was taking up space in the fridge for too long. You have to draw a line somewhere.
Edit: Here, I'm celebrating a modest gambling win from my morning beer break.

Just one reason why this place has no Michelin stars:

Shrimp are chilling in top of the fridge so the timing should be right to leap out and set them around the dish, pour out some sauce, and dust with the green onions and parsley, in between Jeopardy! and Last of the Summer Wine.

Last edited by caretaker; Sep 12th 2020 at 12:18 am.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 12:10 am
Stand-up Philosopher

the doors are open
steak is frying in the pan
the fan is whirring

and now the question
do I mash spuds and carrots
the meat is resting

the butter and salt
beckon to the side dish
like the sun waves to the sea
medium rare, and beer
Old Sep 13th 2020, 10:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I loaded a Dr Oetker spinach pizza up with bell pepper, red onion, prosciutto, and brie. Forgot the tomato, damn.

Last edited by caretaker; Sep 13th 2020 at 10:43 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 7:38 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs. Jings served up a cracker last night... whole trout stuffed with lemon and herbs, with roast baby potatoes and roast sprouts. Oh yes.
Old Sep 18th 2020, 5:26 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Mrs. Jings served up a cracker last night... whole trout stuffed with lemon and herbs, with roast baby potatoes and roast sprouts. Oh yes.
Stoked, living the dream.
Old Sep 18th 2020, 5:18 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Shepherds Pie last night (well cottage pie really as it was beef not lamb) with extra veggies (cauliflower) cunningly hidden in the potato crust. Kids didn't notice!
Old Sep 19th 2020, 1:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Scouse and I had planned to go out for dinner tonight, but we had a last minute invitation from his son and son's girlfriend for dinner at their place so off we went.

His girlfriend cooked, baked chicken breasts wrapped in prosciutto, a jug of creamy mushroom sauce, barley and mushroom risotto and broccolini. Dessert was apple crumble and double cream. All perfectly cooked from scratch and all delicious. We've been invited to her family's Thanksgiving dinner (they're African American), about 50 people attend and various family members vie for the 'best turkey' award - smoked, brined and other ways that I forget. Mashed potato, candied yams, bean casserole - it'll be a first for us. Looking forward to it!
Old Sep 19th 2020, 10:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Scouse and I had planned to go out for dinner tonight, but we had a last minute invitation from his son and son's girlfriend for dinner at their place so off we went.

His girlfriend cooked, baked chicken breasts wrapped in prosciutto, a jug of creamy mushroom sauce, barley and mushroom risotto and broccolini. Dessert was apple crumble and double cream. All perfectly cooked from scratch and all delicious.

I did my first risotto the other day and my second (and much improved) frittata today.

We've been invited to her family's Thanksgiving dinner (they're African American), about 50 people attend and various family members vie for the 'best turkey' award - smoked, brined and other ways that I forget. Mashed potato, candied yams, bean casserole - it'll be a first for us. Looking forward to it!
Is 50 allowed?
Old Sep 20th 2020, 1:01 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

I did my first risotto the other day and my second (and much improved) frittata today.

Is 50 allowed?
Well done, a good frittata is a joy I've only ever used arborio rice to make risotto but the barley one was delicious so I'm going to give that a try.

There are very few covid-19 related restrictions in Western Australia now, and they only apply to gatherings of over 500 people. It's been well over two months since we've had a case of community transmission, the only cases we're getting are people returning from overseas and they're quarantined for 2 weeks. Oh, there is one quite large restriction, our State and national borders are still closed That means we can't leave Australia without applying for an exemption, and only citizens and permanent residents are allowed in (if they can get a flight).

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Sep 20th 2020 at 1:08 am.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 1:34 am
Stand-up Philosopher

I had chicken wings, and later some bread and butter and pate'. Not a vegetable in sight.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 4:23 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I had chicken wings, and later some bread and butter and pate'. Not a vegetable in sight.
I thought you were watching the debate
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:43 pm
Oscar nominated

I had a beautiful Chicken curry with great naan.

I now have a third Indian option for delivery quite near to me. It's more a cafe than a restaurant and a more limited selection than the first two but the basics are there. Very good and quite a bit cheaper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.