Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Tax confusion - any help would be great!

Wikiposts

Tax confusion - any help would be great!

Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:06 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax confusion - any help would be great!

Hello my lovelies,

Me and the aul fella have been here three months now and are just trying to sort out tax and stuff.

I downloaded the FD3 form and sent it with copies of WP etc to Tax Services Office in Saskatoon where they deal with internation tax issues. We were only supposed to have them verify that we were in fact resident here (obviously on WPS) so we could claim tax relief from the UK on Mr Miggs pension.

They wrote back today and said that they couldn't confirm that we are residents as we have SINs with 09 at the start. Well I bloody know that they couldn't do that, all they were supposed to do confirm that we were resident here with WPs I thought, so then the Inland Revenue would allow us relief. Technically we are also what they called "resident for tax purposes".......ie: they are taxing (the crap out of)us therefore shouldn't they be helping us out here ?

QUESTIONS..........................

Not actually filled out the correct form?

Got to swallow that we will be dual taxed on military pension?

Should I call them back and ask them to at least confirm we are temporary residents and then submit form?

Or should I just go and slam my head repeatedly with the fridge door.

Thanking you in advance
A rather peeved,
Mrs Miggins

Last edited by Mrs Miggins; Sep 20th 2007 at 12:15 pm. Reason: forgot stuff!!!!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:54 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tax confusion - any help would be great!

JUST FOUND A GREAT THREAD ON THE SUBJECT I APOLOGISE FOR BEING A MORON.

WITH THANKS AND EMBARASSMENT

MRS M
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax confusion - any help would be great!

I got a whopping great cheque from the tax office today, finally all my resident/non-resident stuff is sorted out Hope they don't take as many years to sort you out too, good luck with it!