Reload this Page >

Tamil Protest / Riot in Toronto

Tamil Protest / Riot in Toronto

Old May 15th 2009, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tamil Protest / Riot in Toronto

Originally Posted by clynnog
You'd be a great lawyer the way you can twist things to your advantage.
ooo, that was below the belt
Old May 15th 2009, 2:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
You'd be a great lawyer the way you can twist things to your advantage.
Well there's a thing. One of my children has enrolled in a law school, causing her mother, my partner, her grandparents and all and sundry to cry for her and me to take much shit for not stopping it from happening, like I can control that. Allegedly those qualities that make her lawyerly - lack of moral compass, manipulative nature, habit of twisting things to the point where truth, if once there was any, is lost - come from me.
Old May 15th 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
Allegedly those qualities that make her lawyerly - habit of twisting things to the point where truth, if once there was any, is lost - come from me.
Now there is a quote for a headstone.

Good luck in trying to talk your daughter out of being a lawyer. I've got it pretty good so far...my 8 year old boy either wants to play for Man U or be a Lego engineer...although after some of the vitriol on this board about Man U and its evil empire, maybe being a lawyer may be a better option.
Old May 15th 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all

Well there's a thing. One of my children has enrolled in a law school, causing her mother, my partner, her grandparents and all and sundry to cry for her and me to take much shit for not stopping it from happening, like I can control that. Allegedly those qualities that make her lawyerly - lack of moral compass, manipulative nature, habit of twisting things to the point where truth, if once there was any, is lost - come from me.
Has anybody ever told you that you're absolutely priceless. (I wish I could do a smiley thumbs up.) Life was very boring when you were banned but, I don't get out much.
Old May 15th 2009, 10:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GagainPEI
Has anybody ever told you that you're absolutely priceless. (I wish I could do a smiley thumbs up.) Life was very boring when you were banned but, I don't get out much.
"Worthless". Is that close?
Old May 16th 2009, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all

"Worthless". Is that close?
"Worthless", no. But after daughter's several years at Law School, probably worth less unless, of course, you up the ante. Sympathies sent. We all try to do the best for our daughters. (Smiley sent)

Valerie

PS Can anyone tell me how to do smilies?
Old May 16th 2009, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GagainPEI
"Worthless", no. But after daughter's several years at Law School, probably worth less unless, of course, you up the ante. Sympathies sent. We all try to do the best for our daughters. (Smiley sent)

Valerie

PS Can anyone tell me how to do smilies?
The box to the right of where you type your posts. If those aren't enough, click where it says [more], or got to Smileyshut.
Old May 17th 2009, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Well that ugly war in that distant land appears, in essence, to be over. The slaughter and starvation and misery seem to be coming to an end.

That is the good news.

I am sure this will come as a tremendous relief to those who can now go back to driving on their precious Toronto highways unimpeded.

Yes, all is right with the world!
Old May 17th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montreal mike
Well that ugly war in that distant land appears, in essence, to be over. The slaughter and starvation and misery seem to be coming to an end.

That is the good news.

I am sure this will come as a tremendous relief to those who can now go back to driving on their precious Toronto highways unimpeded.

Yes, all is right with the world!
Sounds good to me. All said and done the protests seem to have achieved very little, if anything of substance...other than of course, pissing a lot of Torontonians off....
Old May 17th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

agreed .. Canada could have done little or nothing .. but it shows the degree of frustration and hopelessness these Tamils underwent .. something which seems to have completely gone over the heads of those here who bellyached and voiced indignation at the fact there was highway blocked which, in the wider context, was in reality a minor inconvenience.
Old May 17th 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

agreed .. Canada could have done little or nothing .. but it shows the degree of frustration and hopelessness these Tamils underwent .. something which seems to have completely gone over the heads of those here who bellyached and voiced indignation at the fact there was highway blocked which, in the wider context, was in reality a minor inconvenience.
Only because we got lucky this time! Some mother/s pushing her kid/s in a buggy onto the highway did not get creamed... Then the irresponsibility of the action may have been viewed otherwise than a 'a minor inconvenience'.
Old May 17th 2009, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

As to the negligent mum well that was stupidity on her part .. but other than this I still contend it was a minor inconvenience
Old May 17th 2009, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

As to the negligent mum well that was stupidity on her part .. but other than this I still contend it was a minor inconvenience
With all due respect, I would suggest the 'stupidity' factor went much farther than her.....
Old May 18th 2009, 7:43 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Well according to this mornings news, the leader of the Tamils was one of the four killed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8054826.stm
Old May 18th 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

Re. Protests

Did anyone else see where a middle-aged ,grey haired , white, family doctor, who was protesting the closure of the local hospital, had his face slammed into the hood ( bonnet ) of a car, was handcuffed, and presumably arrested?
Was any Tamil treated this way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.