Wikiposts

Taking orders for

Old May 25th 2009, 12:46 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking orders for Calgary delivery

Darned laptops posted before I was ready.:curse:

ATTENTION CALGARY EXPATS

I was at the Coombs market today and found a number of item imported from the UK. If anyone is interested I am willing to purchase some of these items and bring them back to Calgary with us should any one want me to.

Costs would be as below plus any applicable taxes.

Heinz tinned puddings.............................. $6.99
Treacle
Spotted Dick
Chocolate
Strawberry Jam

Branston Pickle:
Smooth........................................... $7.99
Small Chunk (520 g)....................... $8.99
Original (520 g)............................... $8.99

Ploughman’s Pickle
280 g.............................................. $4.99

Tunnock Tea Cakes:
6 for ............................................... $3.99
Tunnock Snowballs:
5 for ............................................... $2.99

Dairy Milk Chocolate (400 g).......... $9.99
Fruit and Nut
Dairy Milk
Whole Nut
Dairy Milk Chocolate (230 g)......... $6.99
Fruit and Nut
Dairy Milk
Whole Nut
Caramel

Robertson Blackcurrent Jam (227 g).......... $5.99
Robertson Lemon/Lime (454 g)................. $6.99
Robertson Orange (454 g)......................... $6.99

Taveners Drops.......................................... $4.99
Coffee
Sour Lemon
Tropical Fruits
Licorice

Ambrosia.......................................... .......... $3.99
Rice Pudding
Semolina
Tapioca

Nestle Fruitips (140 g).......................................... $2.49
Blackcurrent
Mixed Fruit

Last edited by Steve_P; May 25th 2009 at 1:21 pm.
Old May 25th 2009, 12:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking orders for

Eh?

Has the medication worn off?
Old May 25th 2009, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Eh?

Has the medication worn off?
Trying to use Mrs_P's laptop and obviously hit the wrong key.

In other words yes the meds have worn off.

Does the edit make any more sense?
Old May 25th 2009, 1:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Trying to use Mrs_P's laptop and obviously hit the wrong key.

In other words yes the meds have worn off.

Does the edit make any more sense?
Absolutely. A fine piece of public service for the branston starved denizens of Cowtown.

Edit: Do you really mean 520 oz bottles of Branston for $8.99? I mean thats well over 3 gallons.... should last about 2 lifetimes I'd have thought.

Last edited by Novocastrian; May 25th 2009 at 1:25 pm.
Old May 25th 2009, 1:53 pm

Edit: Do you really mean 520 oz bottles of Branston for $8.99? I mean thats well over 3 gallons.... should last about 2 lifetimes I'd have thought.
Last edit corrected to grams.
Old May 26th 2009, 2:12 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Oy vey! How desperate can some people get?
Old May 26th 2009, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Oy vey! How desperate can some people get?
What wrong with getting a little something you like and can't get in Calgary.

Obviously most not very "desperate" as nobody has asked me to get anything for them yet.

Should anyone be "desperate" enough PM me by noon BC time on Friday.

Last edited by Steve_P; May 26th 2009 at 4:49 am.
Old May 26th 2009, 10:46 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Not that I am in Calgary, but I thank you for your kind offer. I also wonder why the shops sell these items. I would only have bought the Dairy Milk when I was living in England and of the other items, I have never bought, tried, or been plied with a Tunnock's teacake. What is it? Fruitlips?? As for snowball that means something different entirely and not suitable for family entertainment.
Old May 26th 2009, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Not that I am in Calgary, but I thank you for your kind offer. I also wonder why the shops sell these items. I would only have bought the Dairy Milk when I was living in England and of the other items, I have never bought, tried, or been plied with a Tunnock's teacake. What is it? Fruitlips?? As for snowball that means something different entirely and not suitable for family entertainment.
I have no clue as to what a Tunnock teacake is but they appear to be popular with the Scots I think. According to the package the Snowballs are made by the same company as the Tunnock's they seem to be some sort of coconut covered confection.

As for the Fruit Tips I think they are Nestle's version of Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles (sp).
Old May 26th 2009, 12:08 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I have no clue as to what a Tunnock teacake is but they appear to be popular with the Scots I think. According to the package the Snowballs are made by the same company as the Tunnock's they seem to be some sort of coconut covered confection.

As for the Fruit Tips I think they are Nestle's version of Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles (sp).
http://www.tunnock.co.uk/teacake.htm

Who knew?
Old May 26th 2009, 12:25 pm

I had no clue.

You can get something similar here very easily and much much cheaper.

http://www.darefoods.com/flavour.aspx?id=13&lang=en
Old May 26th 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

As I remember, snowball is a ball of marshmallow dipped in chocolate and rolled in coconut. Used to be one of my favourites.
Old May 26th 2009, 12:50 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Largo
As I remember, snowball is a ball of marshmallow dipped in chocolate and rolled in coconut. Used to be one of my favourites.
I think you're right. I have vague memories of such things from childhood.

This has nothing to do with my bad british teeth of course.
Old May 27th 2009, 2:35 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Largo
, coconut and marshmallow. yuck hate em both. No wonder I am not familiar with these things.

PS just found some more smilies, why dont we use these ones more often?

Old May 27th 2009, 3:09 am
Born again atheist

PS just found some more smilies, why dont we use these ones more often?

Because most of us rarely jump repeatedly in and out of a wine glass in order to break down a brick wall to reach a grinning gingerbread man with a deformed hand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.