British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Sunburn?!?! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/sunburn-529052/)

Gulf Stream Apr 13th 2008 5:34 pm

Sunburn?!?!

I went to Stanley Park yesterday *swoons at the views*, and it was all lovely sunshine... this morning, I noticed I've got a honking big sunburn around my neck!!! In Vancouver, in April? :rofl:

woodmanbg Apr 14th 2008 12:17 am

Re: Sunburn?!?!

You should see our sunburn - two days out in the garden with temps reaching 27 C in Bragg Creek. Lovely :)

bazzz Apr 14th 2008 1:45 am

We managed to nearly get burnt too, at Whistler, on Saturday. Ridiculous weather. Someone described the conditions as being like "a slurpee".

Alberta_Rose Apr 14th 2008 2:39 am

It rained in Vancouver this morning. .... Well I was in Guildford, Surrey, so maybe that's not a good picture of Vancouver, but frankly I couldn't wait to get back to Calgary and the proper amount of blue sky!!!! :thumbsup::rofl:

fuschiagirl Apr 14th 2008 3:17 am

Yesterday and today were beautifully sunny and warm on Vancouver Island:thumbup:

Gulf Stream Apr 15th 2008 5:20 pm

It was lovely an sunny all weekend!! Today looks good too!

woodmanbg Apr 16th 2008 12:26 am

We had a rude awakening yesterday - IT RAINED. Now we have blizzard conditions and going on for a couple of inches of snow. Still smiling tho!!

Ben W Bell Apr 16th 2008 2:19 am

We got sunburnt two weeks ago in Toronto. It was about 7 degrees and we spent three hours walking around High Park. Blam, lobsided sunburn on one side of my neck.

Gulf Stream Apr 16th 2008 5:39 pm

I went out yesterday minus a jacket cos every day so far, I've been all sweaty betty, and whatdya know it was bleeding freezing!

Judy in Calgary Apr 16th 2008 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Gulf Stream (Post 6218938)
I went out yesterday minus a jacket cos every day so far, I've been all sweaty betty, and whatdya know it was bleeding freezing!

Welcome to Canada, darling.
x

canbritdenise Apr 16th 2008 11:08 pm

While I was at hair show last sunday, youngest son got sun burnt ears which by the next morning had blistered. Feel like a failed mother, sent him to school with a floppy hat which he refuses to take off untill ears are better.

woodmanbg Apr 17th 2008 12:26 am

Originally Posted by canbritdenise (Post 6220263)
While I was at hair show last sunday, youngest son got sun burnt ears which by the next morning had blistered. Feel like a failed mother, sent him to school with a floppy hat which he refuses to take off untill ears are better.

Ah, bless him. :)

Gulf Stream Apr 17th 2008 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary (Post 6218970)
Welcome to Canada, darling.
x

Why thank you! I'm throughly enjoying the place!!

gingnut Apr 18th 2008 2:40 am

Today me and the boys hung out outside with no coats on I hung clothes out to dry. Then hubby came home bbqued some steaks while having a beer while discussing taking the boys for a bike ride on Sunday. Then the CBC weather girl came on with prophecy of doom. SNOW STORM COMMING! I am sooo over winter, I prayed for weather worthy of a DQ Blizard, not an actual blizzard.:thumbdown: