Summer plans

Old Jul 12th 2019, 1:21 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Summer plans

This year my wife and I will have our very first holiday sans enfants since they were born. Eldest is already away at uni, youngest is mid-A levels.

We're planning a 10-day road trip around Andalucia, and meeting friends for a weekend villa party in the middle to celebrate everyone's 50th this year.

What are you lot up to?
Old Jul 12th 2019, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer plans

My daughter and her daughter (13) are having their annual 2 week stay with us here in Italy, this time they're also allowed to bring my eldest grandaughter (15) with them so we'll meet in Rome and spend 2 nights there then spend the rest of the time at the beach, going out for pizza etc and having barbecues up on campo imperatore.
Have fun in Andalucia.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
This year my wife and I will have our very first holiday sans enfants since they were born. Eldest is already away at uni, youngest is mid-A levels.

We're planning a 10-day road trip around Andalucia, and meeting friends for a weekend villa party in the middle to celebrate everyone's 50th this year.

What are you lot up to?
My wife and I are around 2 years away from that stage - cannot wait!

We have around a mile and a half of fencing that needs to be replaced so, when I am not working, I am pulling up the old stuff and post pounding in the new. I'll have arms like Popeye when I am finished.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 2:52 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

What are you lot up to?
And there was me thinking you were older than me... Happy Birthday for whenever. I passed that milestone last year.

We're coming over to your part of the world, avec enfants (cos ours are 7 & 10) plus un extra enfant to boot. Three weeks with my folks (who, since they haven't seen us as a whole family for 3 years, probably don't know what they are letting themselves in for), interspersed with 4 nights on a houseboat on the Norfolk Broads & 2-3 nights in London. Kids are very much looking forward to it, as are their grandparents and cousin in Blighty. Now that Brexit has been postponed until October, it'll be nice to experience a British summer, strawberries and cream, proper beer, reasonably priced food, beaches, etc before the dystopian, post apocolyptic hell that Boris will inevitably inflict upon you all. I imagine the Hunger Games, but with queueing...
Old Jul 12th 2019, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

No plans for the summer. Wanted to try and go somewhere in BC do a little road trip but that isn't going to happen, just mostly staying around the apartment.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 5:10 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
My wife and I are around 2 years away from that stage - cannot wait!

We have around a mile and a half of fencing that needs to be replaced so, when I am not working, I am pulling up the old stuff and post pounding in the new. I'll have arms like Popeye when I am finished.
Happy holidays!!
Old Jul 12th 2019, 5:14 pm
Lowering the tone

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
And there was me thinking you were older than me... Happy Birthday for whenever. I passed that milestone last year.

We're coming over to your part of the world, avec enfants (cos ours are 7 & 10) plus un extra enfant to boot. Three weeks with my folks (who, since they haven't seen us as a whole family for 3 years, probably don't know what they are letting themselves in for), interspersed with 4 nights on a houseboat on the Norfolk Broads & 2-3 nights in London. Kids are very much looking forward to it, as are their grandparents and cousin in Blighty. Now that Brexit has been postponed until October, it'll be nice to experience a British summer, strawberries and cream, proper beer, reasonably priced food, beaches, etc before the dystopian, post apocolyptic hell that Boris will inevitably inflict upon you all. I imagine the Hunger Games, but with queueing...
Norfolk will be alright after Brexit, it usually takes about 50 years before what's happening in the rest of the UK reaches Norfolk. Mind you, last time I was having lunch in that distillery I mentioned on the other thread, our local MP and diabolical witch Liz Truss was also having lunch in there. My wife and I commended each other on our civility and self-restraint in not emptying the soup cauldron over her smug head.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 5:15 pm
Lowering the tone

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
No plans for the summer. Wanted to try and go somewhere in BC do a little road trip but that isn't going to happen, just mostly staying around the apartment.
Make sure you get out for a walk every day, being outdoors is good for the soul.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 5:46 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

We are all going on a family trip to the Philippines. Can't wait.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 7:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am staying home and enjoying the summer weather here. I prefer to visit warmer climes when the weather changes.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

We got a 40 foot shipping container delivered on Monday which needs to be converted into a honey extraction facility by September ready for the harvest. So far I have primed the floor and filled in all the screw holes, so still someway to go. In the midst of that there are several hundred trees that need to be pruned by hand, acres of weeds to be removed and the rodent wars continue. I suspect that by the end of the summer I shall be an expert in ways to kill a rat that don't work. Andalucia sounds lovely - enjoy!

Last edited by HGerchikov; Jul 12th 2019 at 7:39 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 7:55 pm
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

I just started a new job so I'll actually have time off this summer for the first time since 2014. I will also NOT be working any festivals so I'm really looking forward to spending some time with my family.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 2:01 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Just posted this for FB friends, seems relevant here too!:

"Well that day-long drive home successfully concludes our (effectively third) visit to Quebec for the Quebec City Summer music festival (FEQ). If you've not been to Quebec City, and plan to visit there some day, I definitely recommend going while the festival is on. Quebec city is a beautiful, clean, "safe" city with a real European feel and an incredible vibe during the festival. Weather is usually good (typically very hot and humid during July). If you've been there before, and like music, put FEQ on your bucket list.
Without a pass, you still get access to some venues and there's always something going on on a nearby street. With passes, this year, we saw many main stage performances, including headliners such as Chet Faker, alt-J, A Boogie wit da Hooodie, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Twenty One Pilots, Slipknot, Diplo, Kygo and Logic. All for $100 per pass that grants access to all venues (I think there were 10 venues this year) for every night of the 11 day long festival. Crazy value!
On the way home, we all agreed that the pass price was worth it just for the Yungblud/ Twenty One Pilots night alone - Yungblud and Tyler Joseph emerging as the real full-on rock stars - doing some pretty crazy stuff and controlling the crowd for the entire set.
Memorable moments: pretty much the entire 21 pilots performance (we were wondering why they're so popular live, and now we know!), getting a high five from Slipknot's 'Clown', eating some traditional French dishes in a traditional French restaurant while the resident musician played his accordion and sang songs with many of the guests, alt-J's reaction when they realized they had about 90,000 people watching and signing along with them, getting into an after-party and seeing Village People (who put on a surprisingly good performance)... and so much more! Shocking moment, you'd have thought there would be crowd carnage during the Slipknot set, but that award went to Loud Luxury and Diplo - so be warned if you plan to see either of them this summer! Final thought, if you get the chance, go see Yungblud and Twenty One Pilots - no matter what the cost, you won't be disappointed."
Old Jul 14th 2019, 2:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you get out for a walk every day, being outdoors is good for the soul.
Will try.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 3:19 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

On Friday I booked a trip to Ontario in August WOOHOO! I will fly out on the Thursday, spend time with my Pops (DD), OH will fly out on the Sunday, he hasn't been for 4 years, we will reacquaint ourselves with the place for a week. Can't wait to see my daughter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.