British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Summer Holiday Plans (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/summer-holiday-plans-896160/)

Piff Poff May 3rd 2017 10:42 pm

Re: Summer Holiday Plans

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 12242870)
That's a lot to pack into 4 days, as I am sure you are aware.

Yellowstone trip with Stepson in July - 6 days planned. The peeps coming in May look after themselves during the day, I just supply wine and food for the evenings ;)

Almost Canadian May 4th 2017 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Piff Poff (Post 12244065)
Yellowstone trip with Stepson in July - 6 days planned. The peeps coming in May look after themselves during the day, I just supply wine and food for the evenings ;)

If you are planning to do that, you may wish to consider continuing east to the Black Hills. If you plan the route carefully, you can take in the Battle of Little Bighorn and also see Mount Rushmore. If you are at all into "western" history there is lots to see and the scenery is fantastic.

Piff Poff May 6th 2017 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 12244650)
If you are planning to do that, you may wish to consider continuing east to the Black Hills. If you plan the route carefully, you can take in the Battle of Little Bighorn and also see Mount Rushmore. If you are at all into "western" history there is lots to see and the scenery is fantastic.

I don't think we would have time to do that as well, we are already doing a lot of travelling for just a few days. That would have to be a next time around I think.

Tootlepootle May 6th 2017 9:57 pm

Heading to New Zealand at the end of June. OH has tickets for the Lions tour! 3 weeks mainly on the South Island, but with a trip to Wellington for the Rugby!
If anyone has suggestions for places to visit in the NZ winter we'd appreciate it!

scrubbedexpat091 May 6th 2017 10:32 pm

I am thinking about maybe taking a float plane from Vancouver to Victoria and spend a day there and then fly back in the evening. Never been on a float plane and I think it would be kind of fun. Prices are pretty reasonable as well.

caretaker May 6th 2017 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12246569)
I am thinking about maybe taking a float plane from Vancouver to Victoria and spend a day there and then fly back in the evening. Never been on a float plane and I think it would be kind of fun. Prices are pretty reasonable as well.

That sounds like fun! I don't know what I'm going to do yet.

magnumpi May 12th 2017 9:49 pm

I booked our hotels today, July guna do the Sunday in Kingston, 2 nights Quebec, 2 nights on PEI and 3 nights Halifax. Not booked returns as we may want take a differing route or hotels. Taking dog so needed to book pet friendly places before they get booked up

Greenhill May 12th 2017 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12251695)
2 nights Quebec

QC?

magnumpi May 12th 2017 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Greenhill (Post 12251700)
QC?

Yes

Greenhill May 12th 2017 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12251711)
Yes

https://www.infofestival.com/en/Prog...mmation=grid2$

magnumpi May 12th 2017 10:31 pm

Wow thanks, didn't know that, and we there Monday Tuesday too, perfect

Stinkypup May 12th 2017 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Greenhill (Post 12251712)

:thumbup:
That looks a great and varied line-up

bats May 13th 2017 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12251695)
I booked our hotels today, July guna do the Sunday in Kingston, 2 nights Quebec, 2 nights on PEI and 3 nights Halifax. Not booked returns as we m ay want take a differing route or hotels. Taking dog so needed to book pet friendly places before they get booked up

Were going to do 1 night near Montreal, one in Rivière du Loup, 2 in Moncton, 3 in Nova Scotia somewhere, return trips on one night stopovers. Going to book everything in advance as it will be in June and as the schools will be out it might be tricky to find somewhere. We got stuck with a weird motel once so it's made us wary.

Greenhill May 13th 2017 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by bats (Post 12252056)
Were going to do 1 night near Montreal, one in Rivière du Loup, 2 in Moncton, 3 in Nova Scotia somewhere, return trips on one night stopovers. Going to book everything in advance as it will be in June and as the schools will be out it might be tricky to find somewhere. We got stuck with a weird motel once so it's made us wary.

On the way back from QC last July, we stayed at the Quality Inn in Rivière du Loup. Got a free upgrade to a family suite (but I'd recommend that hotel anyway).

Unless you have something planned for Moncton, I'd push on to NS or do the PEI thing. Might feel like a long journey, though, unless you're sharing the driving.

magnumpi May 13th 2017 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Greenhill (Post 12252064)
On the way back from QC last July, we stayed at the Quality Inn in Rivière du Loup. Got a free upgrade to a family suite (but I'd recommend that hotel anyway).

Unless you have something planned for Moncton, I'd push on to NS or do the PEI thing. Might feel like a long journey, though, unless you're sharing the driving.

We almost booked Moncton but found a place on PEI in Charlottetown that takes dogs so went for that instead.