Summer Holiday Plans

Old May 1st 2017, 4:59 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer Holiday Plans

We got back from France last Thursday, so are taking it easy for a while.

North Wales for a week in May, back to Normandy mid June where Son#2 joins us in late July and we go for a drive down the Adriatic coast of Italy for 10 days.

If the deal goes through in time, we'll likely go to Palma in late September where my BIL has just bought a penthouse flat.

So, all in all, pretty quiet this year.
Old May 1st 2017, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Regardless of whether we get off to Europe this year, I'm wondering about getting the train to Halifax for a few days and/or doing the Toronto/Niagara thing again.

Mother in law has never seen the Falls

IF you are wondering about doing that, you need to very carefully check out the cheap deals on the train.

So far as I know, they don't really advertise them but go online to the VIA site and check their Tuesday deals ...... they usually have deals for the next 2-3 weeks.

AND they have very good deals on The Ocean

It's only a 5-6 hour trip
Old May 1st 2017, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

raindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond repute

These all sound fantastic.

No holiday for us this year as we're moving province, but sort of trying to incorporate a road trip into it too so that I don't implode with the chaos factor of a uhaul self move with toddler, giant dog, other pets and a husband who has a phobia of driving on unknown roads. We should have moved a few months ago, and as I'm really looking forwards to moving i'm happy to sacrifice a holiday for it
Old May 1st 2017, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

We have no plans for the summer, daughter and grandson are coming here for a week in August.

I am thinking of trying to organise something in late August / September (?? trip to Churchill), or October (northern BC), and we have a Decmeber trip to Halifax.
Old May 1st 2017, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

We have just bought a tree farm, it has over 10,000 trees that need to be pruned by hand after the start of June and before the end of July. Plus we will be raising some baby ducks and geese and trying to train our Spaniel not to chase them - I don't think we are going anywhere.
Old May 1st 2017, 10:17 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

My Husbands cousin and her husband are arriving at the end of May for a unspecified amount of days (Usually about 4) and then in July My Stepson and his girlfriend and her son arrive for three weeks. She and her son have never been. So there will be a short Banff thing going on but a trip to Montana has been requested so I think we are going to do a couple of nights in Yellowstone - I REALLY would like to see something I haven't seen before, but nothing has been booked yet as I can't get a YAY or NAY from OH grr.
Old May 1st 2017, 10:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
IF you are wondering about doing that, you need to very carefully check out the cheap deals on the train.

So far as I know, they don't really advertise them but go online to the VIA site and check their Tuesday deals ...... they usually have deals for the next 2-3 weeks.
Thanks for the info
I often check the website and play around with dates but what usually stands out for me is the service not running every day or it's a bus when it does run.
Old May 1st 2017, 10:52 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

I'm off to Cuba in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully we'll do some camping in the summer, maybe a small road trip or 2.
Old May 1st 2017, 11:07 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Took a gamble that WDW might be a little quieter than usual this summer. Tickets are currently -35% for Canadian residents, and there are some good deals on [no frills] flights and some hotels.

Exchange rate sucks but there are deals out there that soften the blow a little (even Disney hotels are discounting up to 25% for most of the summer).
Old May 1st 2017, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Hawaii in the late summer/early fall. Supposed to be going on a romantic something with hubby soon too but we haven't figured out where yet.
Old May 1st 2017, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Took a gamble that WDW might be a little quieter than usual this summer. Tickets are currently -35% for Canadian residents, and there are some good deals on [no frills] flights and some hotels.

Exchange rate sucks but there are deals out there that soften the blow a little (even Disney hotels are discounting up to 25% for most of the summer).
The Canadian dollars seems to be keeping Canadian's away. Disneyland was offering 30% off to Canadian's most of last fall and into the winter, I think they have stopped now as they are entering peak season, but seems their winter Canadian visitors were not coming in mass.
Old May 2nd 2017, 12:40 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The Canadian dollars seems to be keeping Canadian's away. Disneyland was offering 30% off to Canadian's most of last fall and into the winter, I think they have stopped now as they are entering peak season, but seems their winter Canadian visitors were not coming in mass.
My Employer has just got back from WDW, they spent a grand at Universal - just one day, how I do no know
Old May 2nd 2017, 12:42 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
We have just bought a tree farm, it has over 10,000 trees that need to be pruned by hand after the start of June and before the end of July. Plus we will be raising some baby ducks and geese and trying to train our Spaniel not to chase them - I don't think we are going anywhere.
Congratulations, and good luck!
Old May 2nd 2017, 12:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
My Employer has just got back from WDW, they spent a grand at Universal - just one day, how I do no know
Wonder if the 1k included the admission?

Universal Orlando for a 1 day ticket is $165 US for admission to all parks or $110 US for 1 park admission per person.

A family of four could drop nearly $500 US just to walk into the place.

As much as I like Disneyland and I haven't been in 7 years, the price now just to get in is just too high to justify going. A trip for 2 for 3-4 days can be a couple grand once air fare, hotels etc are included.
Old May 2nd 2017, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I know lots of people who have declared they have no intention of going to any part of the US "for the foreseeable future" .............

that might be the reason Disneyland didn't get the number of visitors they hoped ........ plus of course the exchange rate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.