Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Suitable role models?

Suitable role models?

Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suitable role models?

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Few women would disagree with you.
I would.

<ducks>
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:32 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
I would.

<ducks>
Er, you're not a woman. Certainly not a fat one.

<retreats to bunker>
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:32 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I would.

<ducks>
i think there is a world of difference between super skinny/ anorexic

Normal
and fat!

unfort a lot of girls and women now have the idea that they must be Super skinny and have lost sight of "normal!.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Granted. I think Kate Moss is about right. Posh a bit stick insecty.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:37 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Granted. I think Kate Moss is about right. Posh a bit stick insecty.
Kate Moss is good as a model - but considerably smaller than the average normal size

nowadays 10 /12 uk isconsidered large - which really it isnt.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:41 pm
half a century

and now as a fantastic role model for my 13 yr old I am off for a lie down before end of term church service as I partook in too much champagne this afternoon at lunch for my friends 40th! oops!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Kate Moss is good as a model - but considerably smaller than the average normal size
I don't think one should differentiate between models and women in general, I do think an attractive figure is one that's considerably smaller than average normal sized.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:42 pm

Normal
and fat!

unfort a lot of girls and women now have the idea that they must be Super skinny and have lost sight of "normal!.
Come to Canada poppet. You will find that "normal" is for a teenage girl to have a gut like a darts player and still stretch tight tops over the torso.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:44 pm
half a century

I don't think one should differentiate between models and women in general, I do think an attractive figure is one that's considerably smaller than average normal sized.
yes but in reall life she really is vv tiny - and short! and unless you are borm with such genes no anountof dieting or excecise will get you to that size without makingyourself ill - anorexic!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:45 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Come to Canada poppet. You will find that "normal" is for a teenage girl to have a gut like a darts player and still stretch tight tops over the torso.
nope - got that in the local high street - chavtastic and sooo attractive - am all of r being at one with yr body - but do we all have to see it!!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:01 pm

yes but in reall life she really is vv tiny - and short! and unless you are borm with such genes no anountof dieting or excecise will get you to that size without makingyourself ill - anorexic!
Bollocks.

Souvette has been large in the past. I've seen the photos.

She is currently 125lbs, is five foot five and a 34c-26-34. This is because of a proper diet and regular exercise; she jogs a lot. She will be 46 in a couple of weeks and still turns the heads of men young enough to be her kids.

The "gene" excuse is weak, unless there is a gene that makes people eat Big Macs for lunch every day.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Height one can do little about but, if one doesn't care to balance calories and exercise, liposuction will resolve a variety of volume issues.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:08 pm
half a century

sensible eating will get you to a healthy weight for your height and excercise will tone the muscles but only severe calorie retsriction will get most people to a supermodel size. That will not result in a healthy body.

I can turn heads and am not large -BUT am def not supermodel sized!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:54 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

That will not result in a healthy body.
What exactly is unhealthy about it? Granted, it might not be useful in the event of a famine or for keeping warm in winter, but those aren't really concerns for most people.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:59 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
What exactly is unhealthy about it?
For starters increased likelihood of osteoporosis. Reduced effectiveness of the immune system, Anemia, Menstrual irregularity and infertility problems...

A certain level of body fat is required for many critical hormonal functions.

There are of course numerous other serious health effects from reaching an underweight condition through extremely low food intake (rather than just having a naturally high metabolism rate), including Heart, Kidney and Liver damage.

Last edited by iaink; Jul 17th 2008 at 8:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.