Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Suggestions of what to do in Calgary???

Suggestions of what to do in Calgary???

Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:05 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestions of what to do in Calgary???

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi

We had a fantastic day out in Heritage Park which is on the outskirts and is a theme type park. There are rides for the kids, a full working turn of the century town, complete with ice cream parlour and bakery so you don't need to take food unless you want to cut down on the costs. There is a Paddle Steamer and a Steam Train and people who work there are all dressed in costume reminiscent of 'Little House on the Prairie' There is a Fort and Wigwams and farms etc. It did tick all the boxes and was a good whole day out with our kids .

It is also a large area and you don't need to keep hold of the kids hands all day, just so they don't fall in the water or step onto the train track. We had a glorious sunny day and the grounds are very well cared for. The Tourist brochures will give you money off vouchers and can be got from Touristy places. I know they are in the Calgary guide.
Hope this helps. Would be ideal for your kids age group. Mine enjoyed it and they were 10 and 12.
Kindest regards
Stef and Lins
I love Heritage Park, and agree that it's great for people of all ages. However, it's closed during the winter, which I understand is the time that the OP will be coming to Calgary.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestions of what to do in Calgary???

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I love Heritage Park, and agree that it's great for people of all ages. However, it's closed during the winter, which I understand is the time that the OP will be coming to Calgary.
Oh...so sorry....we went in July....didn't think about winter opening times. Maybe it is something for the TO Do list for when you are there eventually????
Cheers
Stef and Lins