Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Subaru Legacy/Outback

View Poll Results: Do you own or lease a Subaru Legacy or Outback?
Yes.
22.73%
No, but I own/lease another model of Subaru.
18.18%
No, but I would have if I could of.
4.55%
No, I don't have a car/drive something else.
54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Subaru Legacy/Outback

Old Jul 26th 2011, 12:22 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subaru Legacy/Outback

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Rather appropriate for a mechanic.

Fix Or Repair Daily.
OR

Found On Road Dead
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:08 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

We had a Saab 9-2X for a couple of years (tweaked Impreza)..

Very fun little car & stuck to the road like sh*t to a blanket but hopelessly unreliable both in mechanics & build quality..

We looked at getting a Forester but ended up with a V8 Explorer & very happy with it (Despite it's chronic drinking problem). The 7 seats are handy & we've saved bundles on delivery charges...
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:16 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joe_Sleepy
We had a Saab 9-2X for a couple of years (tweaked Impreza)..

Very fun little car & stuck to the road like sh*t to a blanket but hopelessly unreliable both in mechanics & build quality..

We looked at getting a Forester but ended up with a V8 Explorer & very happy with it (Despite it's chronic drinking problem). The 7 seats are handy & we've saved bundles on delivery charges...

Never pay the delivery charge. They'll always take it off if you negotiate.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:19 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
My pet peave is how weedy the electric windows are, is it a safety feature or are they just crap?
Can't say I've had a problem with mine. Not as good as my old Audi I'll grant you but I wouldn't say they're crap.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:23 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
Mine is the fit/finish/quality of the interior in general.
Can't say I've had a problem with the interior, I love the seats on mine, super comfortable on long drives. One of the rear passenger windows always looks as though it's going to leak when I take it through the car wash but it never quite does. But definitely there's a fitting problem there.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:27 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
Can't say I've had a problem with mine. Not as good as my old Audi I'll grant you but I wouldn't say they're crap.
You dont think them slow and underpowered? Maybe they are better in the new models, but my civic puts the legacy to shame in that respect.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:28 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Never pay the delivery charge. They'll always take it off if you negotiate.
Even on a 4x8 sheet of plywood worth $8? Somehow I doubt it.

Having said that, you dont need an Explorer day in day out, you just need to know someone who will lend you their truck when the need arises.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:31 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

You dont think them slow and underpowered? Maybe they are better in the new models, but my civic puts the legacy to shame in that respect.
Mine's an '07 too, so it would be identical. Not a big window opener to be honest, I wouldn't say they bring tears of appreciation to my eyes but they're okay.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:41 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Mine's an '07 too, so it would be identical. Not a big window opener to be honest, I wouldn't say they bring tears of appreciation to my eyes but they're okay.
Ah, but now you will never be able to open them again without thinking how crap they are... sorry
Old Jul 27th 2011, 12:05 am
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

Even on a 4x8 sheet of plywood worth $8? Somehow I doubt it.

Having said that, you dont need an Explorer day in day out, you just need to know someone who will lend you their truck when the need arises.
We live on a dirt road that's all but impassable in Winter, we need the 7 seats & hauling our garbage/recycling to the end of the road requires a drive..

It wouldn't be for everyone but we are really pleased with it (thirst aside)..
Old Jul 27th 2011, 5:52 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Ah, but now you will never be able to open them again without thinking how crap they are... sorry
Actually I had a play with them after you mentioned it, they work fine, up down, up down. Maybe you've got crap motors in yours, genuinely mine are perfectly good and I used to drive an Audi previously.

What mileage did you have when you got the gasket problem?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:24 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Actually I had a play with them after you mentioned it, they work fine, up down, up down. Maybe you've got crap motors in yours, genuinely mine are perfectly good and I used to drive an Audi previously.

What mileage did you have when you got the gasket problem?
Both the 07 and 97 had the same motors then Oh well.

The engine work was done just over 100k, the service manager, a prince among men, fudged the numbers in order to have it done under warranty.