Stuck at Pearson

Old Jul 27th 2018, 1:25 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stuck at Pearson

too
Old Jul 27th 2018, 6:42 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Just landed at Heathrow.
spent more time in airport than on plane
Old Jul 28th 2018, 9:26 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Just landed at Heathrow.
spent more time in airport than on plane
I hope your visit isn't too hard, well what else can it be, daft thing to say. Just you know.

My cousin was 14 hours late last year on an Air Transat flight and they got in at 4am. i say "they" as Siouxie's sister was on the same flight so we met in Arrivals. Which was nice.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 9:54 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Dad's doing ok. He's at home and his usual self at the moment
his speech gets a little slurred towards the end of the day but otherwise fully recovered from stroke.

I appreciate all the kind wishes.i don't want to mislead , hesby no means on deaths door yet but the timeline is uncertain
Old Jul 29th 2018, 5:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Dad's doing ok. He's at home and his usual self at the moment
his speech gets a little slurred towards the end of the day but otherwise fully recovered from stroke.

I appreciate all the kind wishes.i don't want to mislead , hesby no means on deaths door yet but the timeline is uncertain
You'll find he gets very tired, easily .. and needs to rest more than before.. even now - 4 months later, I still get very tired at the end of the day - it's normal after a stroke.

Sorry you had such a crap journey - do approach the airline and ask about compensation; my sister flew on Air Transat (and yes bats, it was lovely to meet you!) and was still able to get the compensation for their delayed flight.

Hang in there.. you'll be in our thoughts.
x
Old Jul 29th 2018, 8:14 am
Professional Cat herder

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You'll find he gets very tired, easily .. and needs to rest more than before.. even now - 4 months later, I still get very tired at the end of the day - it's normal after a stroke.

Sorry you had such a crap journey - do approach the airline and ask about compensation; my sister flew on Air Transat (and yes bats, it was lovely to meet you!) and was still able to get the compensation for their delayed flight.

x
Yeah dads oncologist told us that he's gradually going to get tireder and tireder

He's hanging in at the moment though.
The good news is that his doctor has given him the ok to fly. They were planning on visiting me in September. That might now happen.
Provided they can get some kind of medical repatriation insurance.
They know it'll cost anarm and a leg but as he said " what else am I going to spend it on?"
Old Jul 29th 2018, 1:52 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

x
the compo was because the flight started in Europe, the airline isn't relevant.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 2:02 pm
limey party pooper

Yeah dads oncologist told us that he's gradually going to get tireder and tireder

He's hanging in at the moment though.
The good news is that his doctor has given him the ok to fly. They were planning on visiting me in September. That might now happen.
Provided they can get some kind of medical repatriation insurance.
They know it'll cost anarm and a leg but as he said " what else am I going to spend it on?"
try Staysure. My mum has just booked with them,
Old Jul 29th 2018, 2:56 pm
Professional Cat herder

Thanks going to give them a go
Old Jul 31st 2018, 11:31 am
Professional Cat herder

Stay sure wanted 1500ukp
we found all a company called all clear travel insurance coverage for 800 ukp if we forgo the last minute cancellation coverage.

They have flexible tickets so not needed.

Happy this is sorted
Old Jul 31st 2018, 11:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Stay sure wanted 1500ukp
we found all a company called all clear travel insurance coverage for 800 ukp if we forgo the last minute cancellation coverage.

Happy this is sorted
Wow that is very good. 10 years ago it cost £1K to insure my MIL. for a couple of weeks. She was in her early 80’s, took BP/chol/bloodthinner meds.

If your dad is prescribed a new prescription for even an existing condition...you will most likely have to let the insurance company know. The insurance company I originally used dropped the insurance because the doc had changed MIL’s BP meds.
Old Jul 31st 2018, 12:22 pm
Professional Cat herder

The one good thing about this situation is that his treatment isn't going to change anytime soon. Until he starts palliative pain relief.
Old Jul 31st 2018, 4:50 pm
limey party pooper

Stay sure wanted 1500ukp

Happy this is sorted
yes it's a relief. Mums was £450, she's 89 but has no previous.