Stewing Hen

Old Sep 29th 2016, 8:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stewing Hen

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Pour the turkey mixture into the centre and serve...
Now that's more like it. I knew there must be more to it.

I had a quick look at recipes before going to watch football and the first ones I looked at were a bit plain.

I shall have a go at this soon.
Old Sep 30th 2016, 2:53 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Building a hen house and keeping chickens is one of my "one day" projects. I have the space, and some of the timber, I just need the time to build then hen house, and the time to care for the chickens.
I brought an Eglu Cube ( google it - it's fun and mine is purple) a long way here and now realize that I can't bear the thought of putting a chicken in it for six solid frozen months. I'm thinking of rare breed quail perhaps?
Old Sep 30th 2016, 11:45 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I brought an Eglu Cube ( google it - it's fun and mine is purple) a long way here and now realize that I can't bear the thought of putting a chicken in it for six solid frozen months. I'm thinking of rare breed quail perhaps?
There was an article in the local paper last winter about a woman here keeping chickens. Winter didn't seem to be an issue to be concerned about. Not even for her
Old Sep 30th 2016, 12:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
There was an article in the local paper last winter about a woman here keeping chickens. Winter didn't seem to be an issue to be concerned about. Not even for her
You have to heat their water and a powered Eglu seems unlikely.
Old Sep 30th 2016, 1:29 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by dbd33
You have to heat their water and a powered Eglu seems unlikely.
I don't think she had one. Not that I'd heard of one back then.
Old Sep 30th 2016, 2:19 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people don't know how to regulate the heat lamps and go out in the morning to a coop full of dead chickens. Too high and they freeze, too low and they crowd in and suffocate. It may be easy to keep a few but it's also easy to lose 50 or 100.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 1:34 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Stinky, they now have a whole shop dedicated to your middle class tat.
Attached Thumbnails Stewing Hen-wp_20161008_003.jpg  
Old Oct 9th 2016, 1:41 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink

And look what colour is the most prominently displayed tat..
Old Oct 9th 2016, 1:50 am
Oscar nominated

I just looked at that on streetview. Real live shops on the street. It's a long time since I saw that.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 2:00 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked at that on streetview. Real live shops on the street. It's a long time since I saw that.
And "flame" was out there in front...was it not?
Old Oct 9th 2016, 2:03 am
I need a walk

I dunno, this lot want to cook with Walmart pans and slag me off for using pans that will last forever and look good.. Having said that, I'm drooling over the stainless steel Le Creuset (at least it won't rust )
Old Oct 9th 2016, 2:15 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I dunno, this lot want to cook with Walmart pans and slag me off for using pans that will last forever and look good.. Having said that, I'm drooling over the stainless steel Le Creuset (at least it won't rust )
HID was banging on about how good these are and we should get a set but she wants them in all different colors. I did remind her that she doesn't cook and in fact can barely make a sandwich.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 2:15 am
Oscar nominated

And "flame" was out there in front...was it not?
Yes, I saw the orange pots. I used 'ours' again today

But I was nostalgically looking at shop fronts though.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 2:19 am
I need a walk

HID was banging on about how good these are and we should get a set but she wants them in all different colors. I did remind her that she doesn't cook and in fact can barely make a sandwich.

Yes, I saw the orange pots. I used 'ours' again today

But I was nostalgically looking at shop fronts though.

That's like looking at at a beautiful woman but saying " Oh, what a lovely blouse she is wearing!
Old Oct 9th 2016, 2:39 am
Oscar nominated

We really don't have much in the way of shops on actual streets.

They are almost all in the Mall, strip malls, retail parks.

The Downtown, Main St consists largely of restaurants, bars, coffee bars, banks, theatres, hotels, offices etc

A couple of streets have antique shops, independent pharmacy, computer shop, gift shop, Optician, cheese shop.

You want book shops, clothing shops, record store, toy store, whatever, you need a mall or retail park.

I saw Le Creuset in that pic and my mother in law who was passing asked me where it was. I guessed Vancouver, googled to make sure, looked at Streetview and it was just lovely to see a normal street with normal/traditional shops. Like in Bristol and Montreal.

There are some clothing places here that operate from what appear to be houses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.