Stewing Hen

Old Sep 26th 2016, 5:55 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stewing Hen

Here's a few more - there are shall we say less desirable colours which are sometimes on sale- l do like the classic flame colour- like Ferraris which must be red and Retrievers which must be golden (well dirty cream anyhow )
They are expensive but if you look after yhen, they will last forever
Attached Thumbnails Stewing Hen-20160925_175651.jpg  
Old Sep 26th 2016, 11:50 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Here's a few more...
What are you, a collector?
You have more than one for each day of the week.

The coq au vin was a qualified success. The leg/thigh parts were great but I was less impressed with the breast and, thinking back, I now believe it was the breast that wasn't good when I tried roasting one normally.

It might make a difference doing it upside down (or cutting it up and adding the breast later). Maybe the breast will be moist that way?

There was an unexpected bonus. The Naked Grape wine was actually pretty decent. Ice wine and Jackson Triggs rosé aside (and they don't have the latter in NB now) I've never had a Canadian wine that was close to being drinkable.

I opened it around 9.30am, used what I wanted, then 'vacuumed' the rest and had a glass at 5.30.

@ $10.29 I can see having it again and finding a good match for it. It was certainly no worse than the stuff I'd been paying up to $17 for.

If it remains drinkable with some foods it will take the edge of paying $25 for Kim Crawford PN.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 12:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You can buy them here (but they're not cheap!)

Where To Buy | Le Creuset Canada

The outlet mall at highway 89 and the 400 has an shop that sells them, still not cheap and usually in weird colours, like orange, but not bank breaking. I acquired a set from there, one at a time, but they, er, moved away.

Homesense offers serviceable knock offs from time to time, we have one like this:

Cuisinart - 2.8 L Red Classic Collection Enameled Cast Iron Cookware (3 QT) - CI630-20CRC

that's used for baking bread several times a week as well as curries and whatnot and is standing up well after several years, iirc it was $40.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 12:42 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Does the meat come off well?

I've bought Turkey legs (drumsticks) before and while good value, they've always been full of tendons and whatnot in a way that drumsticks on an actual turkey don't seem to be.

If the meat came off easy, I can imagine doing them a bit like lamb shanks.
Well enough. After simmering for 45 mins or so I took the legs out and was able to cut the meat off the tendons & bones pretty easily. I discarded the tendons, cleaned up the bones and returned them to the soup while I added the veggies. Oh yes, I had skinned the legs before I started.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:06 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=dbd33;12061792]The outlet mall at highway 89 and the 400 has an shop that sells them, still not cheap and usually in weird colours, like orange, but not bank breaking. I acquired a set from there, one at a time, but they, er, moved away.

What, the volcanic flame? The original classic and most popular colour which has been around since 1925 whilst others have come and gone..weird?
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

What, the volcanic flame? The original classic and most popular colour which has been around since 1925 whilst others have come and gone..weird?
To me it speaks of the 1970s, I'd expect to take a volcanic flame pot from an avocado cupboard and place in on a doily.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:25 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by dbd33
To me it speaks of the 1970s, I'd expect to take a volcanic flame pot from an avocado cupboard and place in on a doily.
Each to their own but given that it is the most popular colour, you seem to be in the minority.

Colours | Le Creuset Canada

I've looked at the colours and think, nope still haven't improved on it... Maybe red at a push...
Blues may suit your more wintry climate
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Each to their own but given that it is the most popular colour, you seem to be in the minority.
Oh no!
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:33 pm
I need a walk

Oh no!

I think Bonbon is more you
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I think Bonbon is more you
I purchased Cherry but rather care for Marseille. I couldn't deal with Bonbon, the contradictory notes of softness and striking vibrancy would confuse me and I'd never get the spuds bashed.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:42 pm
I need a walk

I purchased Cherry but rather care for Marseille. I couldn't deal with Bonbon, the contradictory notes of softness and striking vibrancy would confuse me and I'd never get the spuds bashed.
You could make some amazing soufflés though

My three colours would be flame, cherry and Marseilles, I do like that one myself. Pale green and yellow remind me of Abigail's Party. They might look good in the Caribbean..

Last edited by Stinkypup; Sep 26th 2016 at 2:58 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 5:43 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You could make some amazing soufflés though

My three colours would be flame, cherry and Marseilles, I do like that one myself. Pale green and yellow remind me of Abigail's Party. They might look good in the Caribbean..
This sounds like some sort of Posh Nosh wank off.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 6:05 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Oink
You are only jealous, having no doubt rubbed shoulders with Will and Kate
Old Sep 26th 2016, 7:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I've looked at the colours and think, nope still haven't improved on it... Maybe red at a push...
Blues may suit your more wintry climate
Yes I reckon proper kitchen red would do nicely.
Attached Thumbnails Stewing Hen-71mh0cfhdml._sl1500_.jpg  
Old Sep 27th 2016, 12:54 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I think Oink has just come up with the name for the Beeb's competitor programme to GBBO now that C4 has stolen it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.