Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Stationary Folders - all 3 ring ?

Stationary Folders - all 3 ring ?

Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future
Default Stationary Folders - all 3 ring ?

Hi

after a quick visit to Staples - cant see any 2 or 4 ring folders
as we have in the UK

is n. america into 3 ring folders ?

looks like i need another type of hole punch . . .

also - no A4 paper just something similar size but cant remember its name

thanks

p.s. - found this - http://ask.metafilter.com/140523/3Ring-A4sized-Binders

Last edited by 2008orbust; Apr 27th 2010 at 10:51 pm. Reason: a4 paper addition
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:52 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stationary Folders - all 3 ring ?

Originally Posted by 2008orbust
Hi

as we have in the UK

thanks
Basically yes.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

as we have in the UK

thanks

Yep, buy the new hole puncher.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

as we have in the UK

You'll need a metric to imperial voltage converter and bigger paper. Or a scanner and a USB stick.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 11:16 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

As said above. Yes.

It is letter size. Don't forget to change the default settings of you printer and in Word etc.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 11:33 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Well the folders will be stationary stationery while on the shelf in the store. One you move them they will become just stationery
Old Apr 28th 2010, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future

Auld Yin

i set it up and you went for it . . .

only joking - that's what happens when you post a late night
question after a beverage or three . . .

very nice though

Old Apr 28th 2010, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

Auld Yin

i set it up and you went for it . . .

only joking - that's what happens when you post a late night
question after a beverage or three . . .

very nice though

It's a three ring circus here
Old Apr 28th 2010, 1:22 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Duotang.... I love that word. Had absolutely NO idea what it was I'd been sent to buy when I first arrived. Might as well have been tartan paint or some magnetic copper as far as I was concerned...

Why does a "Duo" Tang have THREE tangs.. one of lifes enduring mysteries
Old Apr 28th 2010, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iaink
Duotang.... I love that word. Had absolutely NO idea what it was I'd been sent to buy when I first arrived. Might as well have been tartan paint or some magnetic copper as far as I was concerned...

Why does a "Duo" Tang have THREE tangs.. one of lifes enduring mysteries
Because it's Canadian! hah. maybe it's from the USA though, probably made in China though. I like saying binder. That's better than folder isn't it? Binder twine doesn't bind binders though it binds straw and hay. Useful stuff though.

Day off today. Off to get new tires from the CT place. wish me luck
Old Apr 28th 2010, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud of

YOu would not beleive the trouble I have had with this!!! Endless hole punching the canadian stuff to fit in English ring binders.

This was during the past 3 years while becoming eligible to practice as a midwife. I have got boxes and boxes of papers, they dont seem to have mastered the art of the PDF!!! or if they do send something via email then it is difficult to print as the settings are all wrong. Luckily my Dad had a load of old fashioned foolscap paper and that I beleive is the same as NA sizing.

Yes it is the little things that are such a pain!!!

Sarah
Old Apr 28th 2010, 1:41 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Day off today. Off to get new tires from the CT place. wish me luck
Might want to check they put all the bolts in before you drive off... one hears horror stories about CTs work from time to time!
Old Apr 28th 2010, 1:45 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Madwife
YOu would not beleive the trouble I have had with this!!! Endless hole punching the canadian stuff to fit in English ring binders.

This was during the past 3 years while becoming eligible to practice as a midwife. I have got boxes and boxes of papers, they dont seem to have mastered the art of the PDF!!! or if they do send something via email then it is difficult to print as the settings are all wrong. Luckily my Dad had a load of old fashioned foolscap paper and that I beleive is the same as NA sizing.

Yes it is the little things that are such a pain!!!

Sarah
Wouldnt the smart thing to do have been:

Scan everything and toss the paper

failing that, get some three ring binders?

Foolscap isnt quite letter paper, letter is 8.5 x 11" Foolscap, or "Folio" is 8.5 x 13.5, pretty close to Legal here, which is 8.5 x 14" which is the alternate size usually found in the office printer here.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 28th 2010 at 1:47 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink
Wouldnt the smart thing to do have been:

Scan everything and toss the paper

failing that, get some three ring binders?

Foolscap isnt quite letter paper, letter is 8.5 x 11" Foolscap, or "Folio" is 8.5 x 13.5, pretty close to Legal here, which is 8.5 x 14" which is the alternate size usually found in the office printer here.
Yes I know but I didn't have a scanner then and also so much of it was hard copy forms to fill in, and stuff to study. I like to sit and read printed paper when I am studying with a marker pen and a cup of tea. I did get some 3 ring binders and now have to transport them all to Canada!!! This is a new problem, alot of the stuff I need straight away and cannot wait to be shipped. So looks like I will be scanning for England and putting it all on my usb stick.

Sarah
Old Apr 28th 2010, 2:38 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

as we have in the UK

thanks

Enough to put one off emigrating altogether. Having to buy a new hole punch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.