British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Spring in Sooke already :) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/spring-sooke-already-852627/)

james.mc Feb 13th 2015 1:27 am

Spring in Sooke already :)

Crocuses are out, grass is starting to grow faster than the deer can eat it!. The last time we saw snow was sometime back in December. This weekend will be 11-12 degrees and yet we still get people back in Europe asking us how we are managing with the Canadian winters! I tell them we just have to deal with it and get on with our daily lives ;)

Jerseygirl Feb 13th 2015 1:32 am

Re: Spring in Sooke already :)

It's -14C in Toronto...wind chill takes it to about -20C. Part of Lake Ontario in front of us is frozen. No Crocuses...no green grass...just white and more white. :blink:

Zoe Bell Feb 13th 2015 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by james.mc (Post 11564066)
Crocuses are out, grass is starting to grow faster than the deer can eat it!. The last time we saw snow was sometime back in December. This weekend will be 11-12 degrees and yet we still get people back in Europe asking us how we are managing with the Canadian winters! I tell them we just have to deal with it and get on with our daily lives ;)

I hate you!

james.mc Feb 13th 2015 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell (Post 11564397)
I hate you!

I hate me too ;)

james.mc Feb 13th 2015 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11564070)
It's -14C in Toronto...wind chill takes it to about -20C. Part of Lake Ontario in front of us is frozen. No Crocuses...no green grass...just white and more white. :blink:

Oh! I knew it was colder around the country but wasn't paying too much attention as to how cold!!

Jerseygirl Feb 13th 2015 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by james.mc (Post 11564781)
Oh! I knew it was colder around the country but wasn't paying too much attention as to how cold!!

It was -20 at 8 am...-30 if you add in the wind chill. I haven't ventured outside. :D

Zoe Bell Feb 13th 2015 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11564792)
It was -20 at 8 am...-30 if you add in the wind chill. I haven't ventured outside. :D

I did , it wasn't pretty

Teaandtoday5 Feb 13th 2015 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11564792)

I had to put the bins out. Takes about 30 seconds to walk to the road from the garage. It seemed a lot longer.

Shirtback Feb 13th 2015 5:39 pm

It's a bit nippy, very windy & quite white over here. Cats are refusing to go outside.

Former Lancastrian Feb 13th 2015 6:10 pm

I have 2 words for you. Guess how many F's there are?

Oink Feb 13th 2015 7:27 pm

Its 14c here today but its going to get chillier as the weekend progresses. :(

withabix Feb 13th 2015 8:13 pm

We appear to be at 18C right now near Golden Ears Bridge in Langley. It's ridiculous. I need another sweater....

I didn't believe the outdoor thermometer so just went to check another one the guys use for concrete testing.

rivingtonpike Feb 13th 2015 8:40 pm

It's hell out here on the Frontier isn't it? I'm thinking of maybe putting another lump of coal on the fire tomorrow - it is Saturday after all. I should probably think about closing one or two windows as well.:lol:

ann m Feb 13th 2015 8:49 pm

You can really go off some people.

Last year, someone on here was talking about the fall colours in July and I hadn't had my summer holiday yet. And now someone else is boasting about the bloody crocus in February. Bastards. The lot of ya! :rofl:

PS, it's been a very mild (touch wood) January and February around these here parts this year. Couple more weeks till the clocks change, then it's almost summer again. ;)

BristolUK Feb 13th 2015 10:06 pm

As per the other the other thread, 50+ cm blizzard expected Sunday.