British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Soldier beheaded broad daylight _Woolwich! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/soldier-beheaded-broad-daylight-_woolwich-797801/)

The4BellsLondon May 22nd 2013 8:07 pm

Soldier beheaded broad daylight _Woolwich!

WTH??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630304

Shard May 22nd 2013 8:41 pm

Re: Soldier beheaded broad daylight _Woolwich!

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 10719688)

It's being treated as a terrorist attack. Definitely bizarre. Poor soldier.

Mr Bean May 22nd 2013 9:18 pm

There was footage on Youtube showing the post attack. People still ask me why I wanted to move away.

mikelincs May 22nd 2013 9:25 pm

And there are no terrorist attacks in any other country.. get a life.

ITV have just done a great job of giving the killer loads of air time, showing him talking to someone filming him with a mobile phone. the killer's hand are covered in blood and he still had the weapons with him. ITV should NEVER have given him the publicity.

The4BellsLondon May 22nd 2013 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 10719805)
And there are no terrorist attacks in any other country.. get a life.

ITV have just done a great job of giving the killer loads of air time, showing him talking to someone filming him with a mobile phone. the killer's hand are covered in blood and he still had the weapons with him. ITV should NEVER have given him the publicity.

But what did he publicise ? I have no idea what country he was talking about in his v English accent .

Mr Bean May 22nd 2013 9:30 pm

That sounds like you're yelling at me. I couldn't agree with you more. Why are you so angry?

mikelincs May 22nd 2013 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 10719810)
But what did he publicise ? I have no idea what country he was talking about in his v English accent .

Reports are that the two killers were muslims and shouting 'God is Good' in Arabic while waiting for the police to arrive.

The4BellsLondon May 22nd 2013 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 10719822)
Reports are that the two killers were muslims and shouting 'God is Good' in Arabic while waiting for the police to arrive.

Missed that

magnumpi May 22nd 2013 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 10719822)

No way are they Muslims? Muslim people are peace full everyday folk. These guys are freeking nutters, period. Hopefully they will die in hospital.

bats May 22nd 2013 9:53 pm

I wish they wouldn't call it a terrorist attack, more a crazed nutter. Terrorist implies organisation, I dunno, prob wrong there and not explaining it very well.

magnumpi May 22nd 2013 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by bats (Post 10719839)
I wish they wouldn't call it a terrorist attack, more a crazed nutter. Terrorist implies organisation, I dunno, prob wrong there and not explaining it very well.

+1

geedee May 22nd 2013 10:13 pm

Do keep up! Everything is TERROR these days. We even have terrorist litter bugs...:rofl:

Oink May 22nd 2013 10:13 pm

My guess is what you have here are young people of certain ethnic minority that feel marginalize and discriminated again by the dominant society and who have conflated and subsequently transferred their feelings onto a simplistic and reductionist ideological analysis of British and some other weak notion of “The West”, foreign policies. This violence is abhorrent, but if we are going to try and find the causes and thus the treatment, over simplifying the problem ourselves, while satisfying, is not terribly helpful. See what I did there? ;)

ExKiwilass May 22nd 2013 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Bean (Post 10719795)
There was footage on Youtube showing the post attack. People still ask me why I wanted to move away.

someone's head was cut off on a Greyhound bus in Canada. what's your point.

ExKiwilass May 22nd 2013 10:18 pm

I was going to agree with you but then I thought: if there are ideas out there provoking this kind of action, then by calling them nutters we're downplaying the political angle.