Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Soldier beheaded broad daylight _Woolwich!

Soldier beheaded broad daylight _Woolwich!

Old May 31st 2013, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soldier beheaded broad daylight _Woolwich!

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
With your ability to get to the root of the problem..I wonder if you have been asked to attend future COBRA gatherings?

You seem such an ass-et. Now that does seem obvious.
Yes, insult noted, although it was rather unintelligent to be honest.

People on forums are entitled to viewpoints, and just because it does not sit well with your prejudiced, preferred views, it does not make them an ass.

Your behaviour there however shows you for one.

You might also want to consider that liking hatred and mania in any part of society (including yours against theirs) is not healthy for anyone, including for your children, FWIW.
Old May 31st 2013, 2:30 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Uranus must see Muslims in his cornflakes if he saw one in that image. At least he seems embarrassed enough to shuffle off after peering at it for a few more minutes.
Old May 31st 2013, 2:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Once he's interred and respects are paid everyone will keep on doing their jobs and except for his family everyone will get back to their lives. Because the circumstances of his murder are so bizarre as well as tragic everyone gets upset and unconstructive bickering ensues. The vandalism is just a bump; every few years some idiot sprays the cenotaph here and it has to be sandblasted. Honour Drummer Rigby's dedication to service and his personal example of non-discrimination against those of other faiths by trying to practice it.
Old May 31st 2013, 2:46 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

He was a soldier who was murdered while serving his country.
Yes, he was a soldier who was murdered. That much is a horrible reality and a gruesome crime. But he was off-duty at the time; as a soldier serving in King's Troop RHA he had spent the day on ceremonial duties at the Tower of London. He was not, at the time of his death, on active service in any sense of the word that I understand it.

His regiment and his family have requested that the public display honour and respect, rather than invective and revenge, in the aftermath of his murder: I would humbly suggest that you do so.
Old May 31st 2013, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Yes, he was a soldier who was murdered. That much is a horrible reality and a gruesome crime. But he was off-duty at the time; as a soldier serving in King's Troop RHA he had spent the day on ceremonial duties at the Tower of London. He was not, at the time of his death, on active service in any sense of the word that I understand it.

His regiment and his family have requested that the public display honour and respect, rather than invective and revenge, in the aftermath of his murder: I would humbly suggest that you do so.
His duty status has nothing to do with it...

Not sure of your point at all. He was a regular soldier, 24/7 who was murdered serving his country.

As for his position, he was serving with his own Regiment, the RRF - "In 2011 Drummer Rigby took up a Recruiting post in London where he also assisted with duties at Regimental Headquarters in the Tower of London."
Old May 31st 2013, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floatsy
Yes, insult noted, although it was rather unintelligent to be honest.

People on forums are entitled to viewpoints, and just because it does not sit well with your prejudiced, preferred views, it does not make them an ass.

Your behaviour there however shows you for one.

You might also want to consider that liking hatred and mania in any part of society (including yours against theirs) is not healthy for anyone, including for your children, FWIW.
You seem to draw conclusions easily. I am not the one who blamed anyone. That was you.

And yes, I stand up to BS...always have on this board.
Old May 31st 2013, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
What with your avatar and your strident views on here, I would suggest that you are doing exactly what this soldier's Brigadier has requested you do not do... "exploit his death for self-serving and unhelpful reasons."

You're taking delight in the "ammunition" this murder has given you to vent your right-wing views. You feel it has validated your opinions on a previous Labour government's immigration policies, as you have made clear. You, Sir, are as guilty of debasing that soldier's memory as any terrorist.
Garbage...as expected.

I would take another look at your constant stream of disrespectful crap if I was you.

Last edited by airbornesapper; May 31st 2013 at 5:56 pm.
Old May 31st 2013, 5:50 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Garbage...as expected.

I would take another look at your constant steam of disrespectful crap if I was you.
Let me guess... you're not an officer, are you?
Old May 31st 2013, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Appy....?
Old May 31st 2013, 5:58 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Appy....?
I have no idea what that means.
Old May 31st 2013, 6:00 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure of your point at all. He was a regular soldier, 24/7 who was murdered serving his country.

As for his position, he was serving with his own Regiment, the RRF - "In 2011 Drummer Rigby took up a Recruiting post in London where he also assisted with duties at Regimental Headquarters in the Tower of London."
Fair enough on his regimental associations. I had read a report (subsequently corrected) that indicated he'd been attached or seconded to RHA. Transpires it was a confused reporter, who assumed since the Queen was visiting RHA at Woolwich her visit was somehow connected to Rigby's murder.

He wasn't murdered serving his country, though. He was on his way back to his accommodation after a day at work in a recruiting office. He was no more serving his country than anybody else on their way home from work that afternoon. I don't say that from any anti-military stance (if you knew my background you'd understand why that is unlikely in the extreme), but simply as a statement of fact.
Old May 31st 2013, 6:00 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

So which is it? Was he was killed serving his country or he was murdered?
Old May 31st 2013, 10:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
So which is it? Was he was killed serving his country or he was murdered?
Both, soldiering isn't like being a shopkeeper or a caretaker. They're subject to Queen's Regulations and Orders as well as civil law no matter where they happen to be, so it's really 24/7. Soldiers have regular duty schedules, or classes, or whatever, but even if they live off-base they still have to make themselves available as needed without the right to refuse. He was obviously murdered because he was a soldier, because the shirt he was wearing, etc, etc. He was killed in the service of his country. He's certainly not the only one, but once in awhile someone stands out.
Old May 31st 2013, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Uranus must see Muslims in his cornflakes if he saw one in that image. At least he seems embarrassed enough to shuffle off after peering at it for a few more minutes.
Here we go. Jumping to conclusions again. You have no idea what I posted or why I deleted it, so you're just making it up to suit.

I deleted it because I'm bored with all this shit. Responding to Guardianista's, who look to excuse any action, by anybody, if it fits their political leanings gets tedious in the extreme.

I'd have been happy for the perpetrators of this crime to have been left to bleed to death in the gutter... and said as much.
You and others will spend your time hand wringing, posting how its "all our fault" how those poor lads were just "misguided" or "disenfranchised".

It's just so much middle-class angst bollocks.
Old May 31st 2013, 11:43 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Here we go. Jumping to conclusions again. You have no idea what I posted or why I deleted it, so you're just making it up to suit.

I deleted it because I'm bored with all this shit. Responding to Guardianista's, who look to excuse any action, by anybody, if it fits their political leanings gets tedious in the extreme.

I'd have been happy for the perpetrators of this crime to have been left to bleed to death in the gutter... and said as much.
You and others will spend your time hand wringing, posting how its "all our fault" how those poor lads were just "misguided" or "disenfranchised".

It's just so much middle-class angst bollocks.
I saw your post, I posted soon after.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.