Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Soldier beheaded broad daylight _Woolwich!

Soldier beheaded broad daylight _Woolwich!

Old May 22nd 2013, 11:44 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soldier beheaded broad daylight _Woolwich!

Without trawling through the pages and pages of news on this attack - where are the murderers actually from????

I see it all over - people saying 'get back to where you came from if you don't like Britain and it's way of life' but if these guys are born and bred and have just tagged onto some form of fundamentalism as a way of 'belonging to a group' you can hardly deport them.
Old May 22nd 2013, 11:45 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
No. Please explain.
My woolly analysis of reductionism, is its self, reductionistic.
Old May 22nd 2013, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvmeboys
Tasteless post - get a grip!
You seem to have misunderstood. Or you need to get a life!
Old May 22nd 2013, 11:54 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Without trawling through the pages and pages of news on this attack - where are the murderers actually from????

I see it all over - people saying 'get back to where you came from if you don't like Britain and it's way of life' but if these guys are born and bred and have just tagged onto some form of fundamentalism as a way of 'belonging to a group' you can hardly deport them.
It hasn't been determined where they are from, but given a completely authentic South London accent, perhaps Streatham?! Actually, if you read the first part of Oink's ironic post there is some truth in that. Someone on Newsnight also pointed out their tirade is somewhat confused as they refer to "their lands" (suggesting somewhere ex-Britain) but later refer to bringing "our troops" back.
Old May 22nd 2013, 11:57 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Prob, pissed off at being told to get back to where they come from.?

See Oink's reductionist post
Old May 22nd 2013, 11:59 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
It hasn't been determined where they are from, but given a completely authentic South London accent, perhaps Streatham?! Actually, if you read the first part of Oink's ironic post there is some truth in that. Someone on Newsnight also pointed out their tirade is somewhat confused as they refer to "their lands" (suggesting somewhere ex-Britain) but later refer to bringing "our troops" back.
So basically rebels without a clue then.

I never ever condone this sort of thing, so don't for one minute think what I am about to post is trying to justify anyones actions

but

IF someone believes in a cause strongly enough (as in kids born and raised on certain ideals from birth) then you can kind of understand to what extremes some will and obviously do go to.

But in this case, as you say, they seem to be somewhat confused about their land / our troops which is even more scary because they don't have any ideals, and are just plain nutjobs using the religious angle as a way of justifying their percieved martyrdom.
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:16 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
someone's head was cut off on a Greyhound bus in Canada. what's your point.
My point is that I no longer have to put up with kind of behaviour where I am now living. For me to think otherwise, as if it doesn't happen in other countries, would be completely ridiculous. Thankfully where I live now we have had a violence free seven years. Roll on the eighth year too. Where I come from you couldn't go seven days without someone wanting to pick a fight, cut you up whilst driving or take a dump on your doorstep.

I guess it's me being really lucky with the location I picked.
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:18 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bats
Where else would they take them?
The gutter and left them there while they bled out.
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:23 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Not in my world thank you.
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:27 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bats
Not in my world thank you.
Think yourself lucky that they were'nt in 'your world'. It might have been you on the end of that knife.

Still no doubt a pat on the head and a severe talking too will sort them out?
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:45 am
limey party pooper

Think yourself lucky that they were'nt in 'your world'. It might have been you on the end of that knife.

Still no doubt a pat on the head and a severe talking too will sort them out?
what a ridiculous thing to say.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
My guess is what you have here are young people of certain ethnic minority that feel marginalize and discriminated again by the dominant society and who have conflated and subsequently transferred their feelings onto a simplistic and reductionist ideological analysis of British and some other weak notion of “The West”, foreign policies. This violence is abhorrent, but if we are going to try and find the causes and thus the treatment, over simplifying the problem ourselves, while satisfying, is not terribly helpful. See what I did there?
Agreed. Unfortunately some of the Islamic ideologies seem easy to latch onto when one is unhappy.

It was similar with the "Boston bomber". Incidentally, I watched a good movie the other day delving into this topic a bit more...Clean Skin: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598873/

I think that by giving this incident all the hoo-ha and terrorist yelling banners, it just gives the perpetrators what they wanted: publicity and the vocalisation of the message that they wanted to get across. (Allah will win, we will keep fighting, eye for an eye, pull your troops back etc)

RIP to the young man.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

I read in the Guardian that there is a "Nigeria link" but this is all still yet unconfirmed.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh so at least you are with the "eye for an eye" ideology that these two men were going on about.

It's interesting how similar "opposing" sides can often be, without knowing it.

These issues are actually more complex than a Daily Mail cat cry although of course it upsets me too. Being one of them though i.e. kill the other side! is not always the answer, methinks.
Old May 23rd 2013, 8:52 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

The Guardian reports the rant as this:

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you. The only reasons we have done this is because Muslims are dying every day. This British soldier is an eye for an eye, a tooth for tooth.

"We must fight them. I apologise that women had to witness this today, but in our land our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government. They don't care about you."

If these men are indeed born and bred British, the question becomes why they subordinate their national identity to some other country or people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.