So..... Trump!

Old Nov 9th 2016, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So..... Trump!

Originally Posted by dbd33
He didn't detail his proposed policies so people must have chosen him based on his personality.
Maybe they think this is some kind of reality TV show and if they don't like him they can vote him off in 2 weeks time.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 4:28 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Keep calm and carry on.

The alternative wasn't much better.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 4:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
A few people I was talking to this morning thought they could simply have an american marry them (as they are PR / Citizen of Canada) and then they'd get some kind of Canadian status. I pointed out that it wouldn't really help, as you don't instantly get PR or Citizenship if you marry a PR / Citizen. You would, to get spousal PR, need to be living together for at least 12 months,
Nope. You can apply on the evening of the day you got married. If you're in the mood.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 4:43 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
He didn't detail his proposed policies so people must have chosen him based on his personality.
Even now, after having won against all predictions, there are those who seek to avoid the real issues and belittle the outcome.

Trump won because, whatever his shortcomings and he had many, he appealed to those ignored for so long. You have only to study the appalling case of Flint and the manner in this poor region was treated by the political class.. and cases like this extend across the US. The anger of the hard working man who has seen his way of life slowly sucked from his community has been seething, waiting for the opportunity to give politics the middle finger.

Yes he had the personality to front the candidacy, but by not buckling under criticism from just about everyone he became a magnet for the disaffected vote.

Will the conventional political class learn anything from this? No, they'll close ranks and simply call for more money in the hope of drowning any Trump like hopeful in the future.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 4:47 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I think this short sentence sums it up, an inability to understand the problems and attitudes of those who aren't considered important enough to appear above political and socially acceptable horizons.

It's become clear that even the humblest among the forgotten had one valuable vote and it was used to great effect.
I actually do understand the problems and attitudes, but I also understand that a billionaire celebrity with zero history of public service is not the solution.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 4:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
You have only to study the appalling case of Flint and the manner in this poor region was treated by the political class.. and cases like this extend across the US. The anger of the hard working man who has seen his way of life slowly sucked from his community has been seething, waiting for the opportunity to give politics the middle finger.
I assume that you, like me, know of Flint largely because of the documentary film by Michael Moore.

He's not really a Trump supporter.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Cyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sorry for those who will be affected after Obamacare is repealed.

Other than that, the Americans deserve the president they get. This truly is a pivotal point in the decline of the American empire.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I assume that you, like me, know of Flint largely because of the documentary film by Michael Moore.

Michael Moore is not really a Clinton supporter either...

My Endorsement Of Bernie Sanders

He predicted the result though.....

5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win | MICHAEL MOORE
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:31 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

Like many of your posts, you seek to divert from the tenor of the argument. Your assumption was incorrect and not relevant to the post.

Flint was covered in just a little more detail over this side of the pond than perhaps in the EU. I don't need Moore or anyone else to tell me how to assess information and make my own judgements.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:35 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
Michael Moore is not really a Clinton supporter either...

My Endorsement Of Bernie Sanders

He predicted the result though.....

5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win | MICHAEL MOORE
He wasn't originally a Clinton supporter, but if you watch his latest film "Trumpland" he certainly became one.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cyan

Other than that, the Americans deserve the president they get. This truly is a pivotal point in the decline of the American empire.
No more like the 47.7% who voted for Trump got the president they deserve.

The 47.5% who voted for Clinton certainly did not deserve Trump.

Clinton as of 12:33pm EST was leading in the popular vote as well, so as this point in time, more people voted for Clinton then voted for Trump.

If only the popular voted mattered.

If she stays a head in the popular vote, she will be the 5th person to win the popular vote but lose the election.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
He wasn't originally a Clinton supporter, but if you watch his latest film "Trumpland" he certainly became one.
Obviously, but a very reluctant supporter.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:52 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Cyan

It's very hard to understand the American attitude toward Obamacare. It seems very unpopular, even amongst some of the people who had no health insurance before.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:53 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by jimf
Obviously, but a very reluctant supporter.
You haven't seen the film, have you.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shard
You haven't seen the film, have you.
It was a last minute panic film. The measured view on Clinton was captured over a year previously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.